The BEST RB on the team...

Advertisement
Parrish has no breakaway speed. Not sure Chaney does either. As nice as both are, it really kills not having big 30-50+ yard runs that even non-elite backs (Homer, Cam, Walton lol, etc.) used to give us. So basically big chunk plays (30+ yards) all have to come thru the air with TVD.
Chris Johnson 10.25 20.40
Lamar Miller 10.56 21.50 HS
Duke Johnson 10.62 22.31 4.54 NFL combo 6.92 60 meter
Clinton Portis 10.6 4.42 NFL Comb
James Stewert 10.64 HS 215 pounds
Lorenzo Lingard 10.71
Don Chaney 10.77 215 pounds Before injuries
Edgerrin James 10.8 4.38 NFL comb 6’0” 219 pounds "Nothing less than a 10.8"
Willis McGhee 10.81
Davenport, Najeh 10.98 6’1” 250 pounds
Henry Parrish 11.09 190 pounds
Jaylan knighton 11.28
TreVonte’ Citizen 11.31 6'1" 225 pounds
Travis Homer 11.50

With the way our OL gets up field and the fact we have one of the best yards before contact stats in the country, you'd think they'd realize a guy like CJ could bust some big plays. Have no idea why he doesn't get a couple (consecutive) plays every other series or so to keep the D off balance

Advertisement
Cam had 3 40+ yd TD runs in his last 6 games at Miami
We've had 1 30+ yd TD runs in our last 23 games since Cam got hurt
We've had 0 30+ yd TD runs in our last 21 games
Pathetic. No one could bust em like Duke, Cam, Lamar, and Walton could just to name a few from recent years.

The problem with the lack of explosives is it requires a sustained high level of execution to result in a score. Penalties are real drive killers when you’re trying to grind out long drives.

Don’t expect us to get any favors from the ACC refs playing at Chapel Hill against a founding member of the ACC (which joined the conference 70 yrs ago in 1953).

CJ could fix that problem by using his elite speed to bust some long runs. I really hope we don’t leave one of our biggest weapons in the holster.

The problem with the lack of explosives is it requires a sustained high level of execution to result in a score. Penalties are real drive killers when you’re trying to grind out long drives.

Don’t expect us to get any favors from the ACC refs playing at Chapel Hill against a founding member of the ACC (which joined the conference 70 yrs ago in 1953).

CJ could fix that problem by using his elite speed to bust some long runs. I really hope we don’t leave one of our biggest weapons in the holster.
CJ is night and day with his speed compared to the other running backs. His 20.40 would have placed him 8th at the world championship finals 200 meter this year. No one is catching him once he hits his top speed. Would love to see him with the first unit o-line between the tackles to see what he can do.

Advertisement
Advertisement
6th Game Update & Observations:
RB's played pretty well vs UNC averaging 5.5 ypc vs UNC. We just fell behind and had to pass
Parrish was being used as the workhorse RB before getting hurt. Chaney wasn't really in the rotation.
Parrish's 29 yd run was the 3rd longest of his career.
Parrish's fumble was an inch away from being a TD - twice. Not just at the goal line, but it was an inch away from bouncing right back into his hands
The rotation vs Clemson - My guess is Chaney will get the bulk, but how much Allen/CJ used will be interesting to see how much they're used
Ugly stat - RB's now have 10 catches for 20 yds on the season.
RB's are on track to have the least receiving yds in season in a long time. Which I think is fine since the WR's are producing so well, just interesting to see

Here's our RB's YPC vs P5 & the Top 10 ACC RB's vs P5 so far this year

1697726925231.png

1697727085218.png

I think it's the way Parrish runs. look there is a reason last year the staff felt citizen would eventually start and the same with fletcher this year. its just injuries got to them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back