The BEST RB on the team...

Advertisement
I keep watching this run....

The quickness of his cuts is different. The acceleration out of those cuts is different. The top end speed is different.

F it - count me in on the CJ bandwagon. I don't know if it'll all come together - but I love the potential.
In truth I was being facetious for the most part.

In no way can a TF be declared the best RB on the team just based off a handful of carries against Bethune.

But, it is beyond clear this kid has really high upside & his speed, burst & agility with his feet can make him a special RB down the line.

He has tools that no other back on the team has & if he can put it all together he can be a very valuable asset for us.

Advertisement
In truth I was being facetious for the most part.

In no way can a TF be declared the best RB on the team just based off a handful of carries against Bethune.

But, it is beyond clear this kid has really high upside & his speed, burst & agility with his feet can make him a special RB down the line.

He has tools that no other back on the team has & if he can put it all together he can be a very valuable asset for us.

100% I'm with you.

I know you weren't actually declaring him the best RB, but I completely agree - it's not just the straight line speed, it's his foot speed that's on another level.

Even on the last couple carries where he dances through the hole a bit, I'm like "Jesus Christ this dude's feet are moving fast"

Advertisement
This is simple. Put this kid back at kickoff return with smith. X is great don’t get me wrong but those guys have another gear.
I think they like X back there with Smith for his blocking. He is deadly running just ahead of B Smith through the wedge and taking dudes out.

I like how Fletcher runs the ball. Would like to see him get more touches. I personally like him more than Chaney

Advertisement
Fact is somebody is gonna leave after the year. I’d prefer it not to be CJ. Who the odd man out is gonna be, idk. Y’all criminally underrate Parrish. Kid is as solid as they come. If Chaney stays healthy, he’s a weapon. Fletcher has massive upside. Potential to be a bell cow type back. Gun to my head, I’d give CJ the carries AJ is getting.

Parrish will go to NFL after year
I see our RB talent AT THIS TIME as below

Chaney
Fletcher
Parrish
Allen
Johnson

Advertisement
This. Pre-injury Citizen was the most talented back we have had in here since Duke.
Considering the way Chaney looks this year and the explosiveness he's running with, I have growing confidence that our medical staff will have Travonte back to pre-injury form sooner than later. Not only are these ACL procedures becoming more and more advanced, but these guys are less than 20 years old. The body can heal in amazing ways at that age. Personally, I can't wait to see him play.

Considering the way Chaney looks this year and the explosiveness he's running with, I have growing confidence that our medical staff will have Travonte back to pre-injury form sooner than later. Not only are these ACL procedures becoming more and more advanced, but these guys are less than 20 years old. The body can heal in amazing ways at that age. Personally, I can't wait to see him play.
Chaney still has another gear in him in my opinion.

It’s

ELITE SPEED

ELITE AGILITY

ELITE VISION

🔥🔥🔥

Ran a 10.25 & 10.45 in the 100m at States back in April-May of this year, as well as a 20.40.

That kind of Speed is what the Old Miami of the Glory years was built on!

Get this kid some reps against Temple & GTech; throwing him a Wheel route or HB Tunnel Screen is instant Offense & an explosive play waiting to happen.

He can be a real weapon down the line as a change of pace back in this Offense.

parrish

Even Bethune was getting physical with Johnson last night so size/durability would be my concern. And for years and multiple coordinators the dive has been a staple. Just can't pull a 'rooster' on the kid and send him up the middle 10-12 times a game. Not a bell-cow type, at least at this point. Maybe not ever. But using wrinkles to get his speed in space in the passing game? Certainly. End of half, late in game for explosiveness against a fatigued defense? Yes, please.
This - all of it.

Advertisement
Back