The BEST RB on the team...

Advertisement
Not to mention, saved Emory from getting mollywhopped on that Blitz pick up.
I loved that play! I got almost as excited about that as I did his TD, which I 100% Negrodamus predicted right before it happened. His reaction to the score was beautiful…dude walked off the field like it was just another jog through the park. Functional confidence is what I saw in that kid.

Gotta find a way to manufacture touches for him going forward. Can't let talent like that sit on the bench and not even try to see what he could do in a acc play. I will say though the run was nice but against a better team that was probably a gain of 2 lol. Still some studdering behind the line but he also didn't have the holes all the other rbs had. Give him a few touches a game with the 1’s see what happens

Advertisement
I'm not sure why people say that one guy will leave next year due to transfer.

Miamis approach to the RB room is the correct one. Everyone gets touches, everyone stays fresh, everyone gets opportunities. Especially with how RB contracts are in the NFL and how the performance of a player tends to collapse about 4-5 years in, you want to be as healthy as you can be whilst having as little milage on your legs as possible.

If CJ Jr becomes a stud in pass protection and becomes a factor out of the backfield as a receiving threat, he'll work out juuuuuust fine here.

Advertisement
IMO it’s Parrish. He’s also a clone of Travis Dye who Mario absolutely loved at Oregon. That being said they all bring something to the table a little different. I can’t wait to se Citizen too. What a freeking luxury to have this much depth!

...has always been Chaney
1694773308889.gif

1694773604080.gif

Advertisement
So incredible to even be having this discussion when, as recently as October 2021, we went into a game with Jaylan Knighton and Cody Brown as our only available backs, and Cody Brown can’t even get on field at UVA, who would get dogwalked by St Thomas, that’s how bad they are.

Talent. Acquisition. Business.

You can’t just add adjective’s to things and not be questioned, healthy Chaney can’t be a nfl caliber back. Healthy Chaney hasn’t even existed at the college level. Parrish is the most productive back on the team every week, I’ll go to war with him. I’m a Citizen guy but I think fletch and CJ are better than Chaney
So wait you first say Chaney can't be a NFL back and hasn't even existed in college then go out and say your a Citizen guy when that kid hasn't even step foot on a college football field. GTFOH

Chaney is number 1 with the best NFL potential on this team.

Advertisement
If Fletch gets back healthy for Temple we could see 5 backs get action for that game.

That’s a huge dose of variety in the run game & something really only a handful of Defenses can stop.

It’ll come in handy once the ACC schedule starts too, keeps everybody fresh & ready to go.

Dawson also likes to use a lot of 2-back 22 & 21 personnel (at least he did at SFA, Southern Miss & Houston), it’ll be interesting to see if we get any of that this season, because we could definitely throw some 2-back looks out there.
at the same time, I think its a bit of a detriment. The more one RB gets reps, the better he becomes. Vision, timing, confidence are all things that get developed, not only during the season but in each individual game. RBs like Portis, McGahee, Edge and Gore got better the more they carried the ball.

ELITE SPEED

ELITE AGILITY

ELITE VISION

🔥🔥🔥

Ran a 10.25 & 10.45 in the 100m at States back in April-May of this year, as well as a 20.40.

That kind of Speed is what the Old Miami of the Glory years was built on!

Get this kid some reps against Temple & GTech; throwing him a Wheel route or HB Tunnel Screen is instant Offense & an explosive play waiting to happen.

He can be a real weapon down the line as a change of pace back in this Offense.

We clocked him in a game running 22.26 MPH (with a catapult vest on)

So wait you first say Chaney can't be a NFL back and hasn't even existed in college then go out and say your a Citizen guy when that kid hasn't even step foot on a college football field. GTFOH

Chaney is number 1 with the best NFL potential on this team.
I never once said anything about nfl potential or anything like that when I mentioned citizen.. reading is fundamental. I said I’m a citizen guy which means I’m a fan of his game, after I mentioned his name i mentioned two young guys who have actually played alongside our actual best RB in parish.

Advertisement
Back