The BEST RB on the team...

Advertisement
Parrish likely still most complete back but Chaney played strong and CJ showing a reason why he should get some carries
It's not a matter of how complete he is. It's a matter of the limitations he has with his run style. He's the most consistent running back we have right now with no question. But we don't need consistent. We need potential home run every time he touches the ball. Did you see the size of some of the holes tonight?!? Yet he's only running for 8,9,10 etc yards. He should've housed two of those with ease. With the line we've put together we need to take advantage of any big play opportunities we get & unfortunately being able to consistently pick up a first down doesn't equate to that.

1694750856345.gif

Advertisement
It's not a matter of how complete he is. It's a matter of the limitations he has with his run style. He's the most consistent running back we have right now with no question. But we don't need consistent. We need potential home run every time he touches the ball. Did you see the size of some of the holes tonight?!? Yet he's only running for 8,9,10 etc yards. He should've housed two of those with ease. With the line we've put together we need to take advantage of any big play opportunities we get & unfortunately being able to consistently pick up a first down doesn't equate to that.
Agree in needing more out of the huge holes we create with our OL... but there is the carries where parrish, chaney, fletcher pick up 4-5 yards through contact that cj i don't think would. At first thought i would also think there's more 4-5 yard contact carries than hr chances.... but i do think you need big plays... tough choice imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Fletch gets back healthy for Temple we could see 5 backs get action for that game.

That’s a huge dose of variety in the run game & something really only a handful of Defenses can stop.

It’ll come in handy once the ACC schedule starts too, keeps everybody fresh & ready to go.

Dawson also likes to use a lot of 2-back 22 & 21 personnel (at least he did at SFA, Southern Miss & Houston), it’ll be interesting to see if we get any of that this season, because we could definitely throw some 2-back looks out there.

Advertisement
I’m nitpicking, and I know I’ll get clowned for this and I’m not down on his game overall but I really don’t like his running style lol. It’s goofy and out of control to me.

Solid COP back for us though lol.
This isn't wrong at all. Allen is unpredictable. His game appears to lend itself to a big run, and then gaining only 3 when it should have been 13. He's confusing to watch (and to defend), because you expect one thing and get something different.

Advertisement
Back