The best athletes ever?

Advertisement
Alex Honnold

I saw that climb on the National G Channel last week, beyond amazing. I've been to Yosemite before but after this climb I'm going back on the 18th of May to get close to the rock and get some pics and video. No other athlete has done what he did. Jordan was probably the most athletic BB player, not the best BB player though. I still haven't seen anyone as good as Barry Sanders in football. I agree with the poster above, it's very hard to say one athlete is the most athletic of all time in all sports.

As a pistons fan I couldn’t stand him, but there’s no denying he is the GOAT.

Jordan was always the most athletic on any court he stepped on, just not the best BB player. Lost 17 times in a row to Boston, swept in two playoffs with Boston. Detroit Cleaned his clock twice. One person who gets very little credit for Jordan winning 6 when all the great players were gone is Rodman. Greatest rebounder of all time IMO. Rodman always took on the best scorers, one of the reasons Detroit cleaned Chicago's clock.

Be honest now, would you take Jordan over Jabbar in a draft? I'd take quite a few players over Jordan. Jordan never beat the best players or the best teams.

Jordan was always the most athletic on any court he stepped on, just not the best BB player. Lost 17 times in a row to Boston, swept in two playoffs with Boston. Detroit Cleaned his clock twice. One person who gets very little credit for Jordan winning 6 when all the great players were gone is Rodman. Greatest rebounder of all time IMO. Rodman always took on the best scorers, one of the reasons Detroit cleaned Chicago's clock.

Be honest now, would you take Jordan over Jabbar in a draft? I'd take quite a few players over Jordan. Jordan never beat the best players or the best teams.

Lol full l39ron james hype train

Give me jordans roster aka his help in those games you mentioned and their career stats

Advertisement
Pistons played wwe ball, cage fighting on a hardwood.

Lebrons ****** would explode if he played in that era

Those games in Boston were epic. Loved Rodman and the gang. That's why Jordan couldn't win in the 80's wasn't tough enough.

Advertisement
In BB, Jordan hands down. He didn’t have the super star teams like the Dubs and James have had. As far as skill hard to beat Bruce Lee. Football wise, college probably toss up between Bo and Hershel from what my eyes have seen. For NFL Barry Sanders

It’s Jordan but because of his will, his hunger and his dominance when the game was on the line, not just skills or stats. No one I have ever seen in sports has had MJ’s fire. Maybe dan gable.

People don't understand how well-rounded Wilt was. Basketball, world class volleyball, high jumper, shot putter, straight line speed....he is very much in this discussion.

Advertisement
BS, only thing MJ could beat Bo in was basketball, then Bo tramples MJ at everything else. If you had a competition and you included everything, all kinds of running, sprints, long distance, throwing, hitting, balance, climbing. Then you have to put the gloves on, then you need to see who can take punishment as well as delve it out, you will end up with Bo Jackson. Herschel Walker peaked in college, he couldn't run over NFL guys, Jimmy saw it quickly and did the right move.

The greatest athlete of all-time is Bruce Lee. No one is going to touch his documented feats of strength.

As for competitive sports? Jim Thorpe definitely should make the list.
Bruce Lee is a facade creation of the media and would get destroyed vs any ufc fighter of his same weight

Advertisement
BS, only thing MJ could beat Bo in was basketball, then Bo tramples MJ at everything else. If you had a competition and you included everything, all kinds of running, sprints, long distance, throwing, hitting, balance, climbing. Then you have to put the gloves on, then you need to see who can take punishment as well as delve it out, you will end up with Bo Jackson. Herschel Walker peaked in college, he couldn't run over NFL guys, Jimmy saw it quickly and did the right move.
So your definition is generalist? IMO its pointless. MJ actually dominated the sport woth perhaps the best athletes today. Bo I love but it’s just talk to say he was the best. He wasn’t the best baseball player and it aint at all clear he wluld have been the best football player. Deion should be discussed if Bo is.

Advertisement
Back