The best athletes ever?

I've seen Wilt dribble all the way down court and dunk it on film in a game, would have loved to see him play against the modern day big men, probably still would have dominated them with his insane jumping ability. Watch the block he had on my last post of him. Insane, every bit of 13ft. After watching more of him again I think I might trade him for Jabbar, lol.
Question is, did he do that in Hs? Maybe. Wilt was sick. But i saw shaq.

Advertisement
Watch the 12 min mark Wilt dribbling down court, only one or two big men that I've seen that can even come close to that.

Btw., before we go on, shame on you for disrespecting mj. Goat athlete ever. Took basketball to its hihest achievement level. Centers are overrated in hoops. You have to control the ball to win the game. Offense and defense. Passing, ball handling, motion, pressing, creating opportunities for others and capitalizing on weaknesses. And then layer in the ice in the veins killer instinct, the big moment up the ante, the aura even your competitiors succomb to, amd tuen layer in luck. Michael could do it all over agan and his own career might not be so unbelievable. He is what it looks li:e when it all comes together, and every single one of his competitors knew.

My God. Honestly it's not even debatable that Wade was the Alpha on those teams. Wade carried Miami to a title by himself in 2006 while Lebitch was choking in Cleveland.

Physically Lebitch was more gifted than Wade, No argument . Mentally it's Wade and it's not close.

I'd add Barkley and Olajuwon to that list posted by @Ecush of players better than Lebitch....don't confuse better with more talented or physically gifted.

Hahahah

Advertisement
Hakeem is underrated. As talented and unqi7e a C as we’ve seen. Hakeem ona team with Jordan and Rodman would have been unstoppable. Barkley was unique and talented but overrated. In the modern no contact era, barkley would be a shadow of what people think he was. He was feared by other players, is the truth.

: 3917952, member: 10089"]
No, the NBA was NOT just a bunch of short white guys when Wilt played. That was back in the 40s. Also, there were far fewer short players when Wilt played. Nate "Tiny" Archibald was 6'1". Now, if 6'1" is "Tiny", then you have to wonder what average was. He was one of the shortest, if not THE shortest guy in the game. There were a lot of taller guys when Wilt played.

You think Jordan had it rough. The stuff they did to Wilt would make you cringe. If HE played with the modern rules.......
[/QUOTE]

Never said short white guys but almost all of them were much shorter than Wilt and many of them were white stiffs compared to the 80's crowd.
Question is, did he do that in Hs? Maybe. Wilt was sick. But i saw shaq.

Just found this.

Btw., before we go on, shame on you for disrespecting mj. Goat athlete ever. Took basketball to its hihest achievement level. Centers are overrated in hoops. You have to control the ball to win the game. Offense and defense. Passing, ball handling, motion, pressing, creating opportunities for others and capitalizing on weaknesses. And then layer in the ice in the veins killer instinct, the big moment up the ante, the aura even your competitiors succomb to, amd tuen layer in luck. Michael could do it all over agan and his own career might not be so unbelievable. He is what it looks li:e when it all comes together, and every single one of his competitors knew.

Not disrespecting him at all, he was the greatest shooting guard ever. Not by shooting percentage because many were better than him at that but for athletic ability. Great Centers aren't over rated, todays centers are though. A great big man can dominate the game, Jordan couldn't as shown in his prime he lost 17 in a row and got swept in the playoffs twice to Boston. I was there for many of those games in Boston.

Many will have you believe he was the best Defensive player of all time, I saw with my own eyes that wasn't true either. He rarely stopped Bird, just didn't happen. Bird dominated him on offense when Jordan tried to guard him. Again there were chants in Boston garden of over rated, all the time they were talking about Jordan. Just being honest. When he tried to guard bird it was a joke, he ate his lunch. Watch the games I posted, easy to see. He never won anything in the 80's when the best players played. 7 years in a row he got skunked. There would be many players I'd take over him in a draft.

Hard to dispute video.

I'm posting this not because I think Bird was the GOAT just showing you this is what I saw Jordan do against Bird on D. Wasn't even close, Bird dominated Jordan when Jordan tried to guard him. Showing you a great big man dominates a smaller player. The games Jordan got 63 (double overtime game) and 49 in Boston he took 41/36 shots, with about 15- 20 free throw shots. Shot about 50% most great guards shot 50% or better. Jordan just shot more.

Jordan was a great athlete like Dr J was at peak. Loved J on and off the court. You think I didn't think how could Bird do this, he could only Jump about a ft off the ground. I can't pick a GOAT but I would pick Jabbar every time for a first pick. Jordan would be down the list. Would I pick a 6'9 guard in Magic over a 6'6 Jordan, you bet, I want to win. Magic was a better all around player, loved Magic. Watch how Bird dominates Jordan on offense. Wouldn't have done this to Magic to this extent. Like I said I've seen them all play each other a crap load of times. Do you really think Magic couldn't score 60 if he took 40 shots a game? Along with Bird and a bunch of others from the 80's?

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Here is Birds 60 point game. 36 shots he hit 22, 16 free throws, Over 60%. Jordans 63 in Boston wasn't done like this and it was a double over time game. I was there. All of the best players could score like this if they take 40 or 45 shots like Jordan has done, doesn't impress me. Dominique was as athletic as any I've ever seen. Again, I don't think Bird was the GOAT he's the player I saw the most though. Birds most shots were in that game 36, he wasn't a ball hog, like Jordan and Kobe who led in shots. This matters. Look at these stats no need to wonder why he got so many points. https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/fga_game.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is Birds 60 point game. 36 shots he hit 22, 16 free throws, Over 60%. Jordans 69 in Boston wasn't done like this, I was there. All of the best players could score like this if they take 40 or 45 shots like Jordan has done, doesn't impress me. Dominique was as athletic as any I've ever seen. Again, I don't think Bird was the GOAT he's the player I saw the most though. Birds most shots were in that game 36, he wasn't a ball hog, like Jordan and Kobe who led in shots. This matters. Look at these stats no need to wonder why he got so many points. https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/fga_game.html

Bird's game against the Hawks is one of the craziest sports performances I've ever seen. Larry was calling shots to the Hawk's bench.

When have you EVER seen a performance so ridiculous that an opposing team's bench/fans were going crazy?

Wish Jordan went against Bird, since everyone agrees he was the best shooting guard of all time.

Jordans 3 point contest at home in Chicago.

Advertisement
Bird's game against the Hawks is one of the craziest sports performances I've ever seen. Larry was calling shots to the Hawk's bench.

When have you EVER seen a performance so ridiculous that an opposing team's bench/fans were going crazy?

I'm not saying Bird was better than Jordan just saying it's really hard to pick the GOAT. Pretty much impossible. Jordan was the best 6'6 guy I've ever seen. But could you really choose him in a draft against Magic? Magic could do it all. Going to choose him in a draft over Jabbar? I know I wouldn't.

I'm not saying Bird was better than Jordan just saying it's really hard to pick the GOAT. Pretty much impossible. Jordan was the best 6'6 guy I've ever seen. But could you really choose him in a draft against Magic? Magic could do it all. Going to choose him in a draft over Jabbar? I know I wouldn't.
I don't disagree with you. Go back and look at the effect that each guy had on his team once they were drafted. Larry Bird led the largest turn-around in history I believe. He improved the Celtics record by 32 games the year he was drafted.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back