Off-Topic The BBQ thread

Get one of those thermometers that you can stick in the breast while it's in the oven. Thing with ******* is you have to cook em' to 165, if you let ******* rise to something like 185 chances are they'll dry out. **** I've heard you can cook em' to 160-162 and let the carryover cooking take em' to 165, haven't tried it though.
This is another reason to sous vide.

1646229591453.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tank yu, sur , or shuld I say Chef? That swamp luck gumbo yu maid at last years St. Paddy’s swamp festival has everone talkin about wat yu got planned fur this year’s festivities at the Rocking Bear!
Dam sun I dunn rinted out da Bear fer 6 ours on da 17th! Don’t drive cause Shirf Buford iz gone be lookin fer drunks. Ima take my ole snapper in sted a da forweeler. Y don’t u git Granny Hawkins to drop u off? She always drunk up so she drives da same way all da tyme.

Heal know I ain’t a gonna ride with Granny Hawkins! She drives her Harley like a bat outta **** and I hates halfing too holed on to Granny on her hog.
I git it but day iz alot a Granny to hold onta. She haz bin knowed to git a lil handsy on da hog doe sew I understands. How bout givin Skeet a holler he’s drivin hiz ole lady’s/ cuzzin’s vispa.

Advertisement
I did that a few times a long time ago and can't remember why I don't anymore. It doesn't mess the meat up?
I only do that when I want my Chicken ******* thinner for Chicken Parmasan...but in that situation I butterfly the 6 or 8oz breast so I don't have to pound as much.
What I do for my Chicken and thick Pork Chops is submerge them in a brine for atleast 12hrs. (Best for 24hrs) Regardless of thickness...Best to do Chicken on a Grill in an area where it's lower heat....Make sure to take a rag that is dampened with Veg oil....and rub the grate to prevent sticking....ALWAYS start ******* skin side down 1st.

Liked the old Rub Dat Butt better, the newer version is too salty.

KC Masterpiece used to make a rub that was the bomb, tasted like BBQ sauce, sadly they discontinued it.

I hear good things about It's Incredible/Heaven Made products, can anybody on here confirm, looking for a low salt rub...

Never tried those products.

I have tried a bunch of different no sodium rubs and seasonings and most of them are bad.

The only one I like is dak's seasoning. They have a bunch of flavors to choose from.

Advertisement
Get one of those thermometers that you can stick in the breast while it's in the oven. Thing with ******* is you have to cook em' to 165, if you let ******* rise to something like 185 chances are they'll dry out. **** I've heard you can cook em' to 160-162 and let the carryover cooking take em' to 165, haven't tried it though.
I have a Meater thermometer that I love, and of course an instant read one I use every time I cook. I love the meater one for smoking pork or rotisserie chicken. I don't cook anything in the oven, I grill everything. I'm gonna look into brine and sous vide to see if I can up my game. Life can always get better.

Advertisement
Do you have a recipe or a reference that a noob can try? I've never done a brine, always been scared to try.
(For 2 Thick Pork Chops or 4 pieces of Chicken)...1st put enough water in a in a Pot to be able to submerge the Chops or Chicken. Then put equal amounts of Sugar and Salt (in this case 1 Large tablespoon of both) into the Pot and stir to dissolve. Then get some FRESH Herbs...(2-3 sprigs of Thyme...2 Bay leaves...2-3 sprigs of Rosemary....and 2-3 cloves of Garlic) and put them all in a large enough piece of cheesecloth and tie it to where the Herbs don't come out) in Chef terms it's called Bouquet Garni. For chicken and Pork I put a teaspoon of Chicken base in water as well.
Bring the Pot of Water...Base and Wrapped fresh herbs to a slow simmer for 1/2 an hr (I personally put some Chopped up Onion and Celery (large cuts) into the water as well) after a 1/2 an hour remove the Bouquet Garni, but leave the Large cut up Onion and Celery in the mixture. Then empty a tray of ice cubes into the Pot to ice down the brine. (Make sure the brine is ice cold) Empty the iced brine into a Tupperware container large enough for the items you're brining. Submerge the Chicken or Chops, making sure they stay submerged in the brine (I personally use a heavy plate, small enough to keep the items totally submerged in the Tupperware container. Put lid on, and refrigerate for atleast 12 hrs...but you can go alittle longer (16hrs) if you like. After that, remove Chicken or Chops and dab dry with Paper Towel. Then Salt and Pepper the items, and proceed to Grill or Bake....I like using a dry rub for Chops.

(For 2 Thick Pork Chops or 4 pieces of Chicken)...1st put enough water in a in a Pot to be able to submerge the Chops or Chicken. Then put equal amounts of Sugar and Salt (in this case 1 Large tablespoon of both) into the Pot and stir to dissolve. Then get some FRESH Herbs...(2-3 sprigs of Thyme...2 Bay leaves...2-3 sprigs of Rosemary....and 2-3 cloves of Garlic) and put them all in a large enough piece of cheesecloth and tie it to where the Herbs don't come out) in Chef terms it's called Bouquet Garni. For chicken and Pork I put a teaspoon of Chicken base in water as well.
Bring the Pot of Water...Base and Wrapped fresh herbs to a slow simmer for 1/2 an hr (I personally put some Chopped up Onion and Celery (large cuts) into the water as well) after a 1/2 an hour remove the Bouquet Garni, but leave the Large cut up Onion and Celery in the mixture. Then empty a tray of ice cubes into the Pot to ice down the brine. (Make sure the brine is ice cold) Empty the iced brine into a Tupperware container large enough for the items you're brining. Submerge the Chicken or Chops, making sure they stay submerged in the brine (I personally use a heavy plate, small enough to keep the items totally submerged in the Tupperware container. Put lid on, and refrigerate for atleast 12 hrs...but you can go alittle longer (16hrs) if you like. After that, remove Chicken or Chops and dab dry with Paper Towel. Then Salt and Pepper the items, and proceed to Grill or Bake....I like using a dry rub for Chops.
Or go lazy if you don't want to mess with cheesecloth.

Amazon product ASIN B08ZHZWMDT

Advertisement
Back