The banner is flying today boys!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we in a good spot as a program? No.
Should we try and create change? Yes.

Flying a banner does nothing more than show how fickle our fan base is. A year ago we're the #2 team in the country and now we're ready to fire our coach. No matter what way you slice it, it's a bad look and it's embarrassing as it'll get national attention.

EDIT: Please realize that the first banners flew after 5-6 seasons by Butch (the football God) and 6-7 by Golden, it isn't the same.

We are unranked in year 3. Loses to BCand Virginia....

Advertisement
way too early to fly a banner
I am on the fence Andrew... this season could go downhill in a hurry if we lose today. Our offense is horrible man. Narduzzi ran a 4 and 1 qb sneak on his own 11 yd line..

Advertisement
This is Miami. 5x National champ. Not some bull**** school.

Win or GTFO.

It’s year 3 and we are tending down.

@M3N you couldn't be more right, it is unacceptable. But so is flying a banner. There are other ways to go about this...

Win or GTFO.

This is Miami who has not won 10 games in since 2003 before last year and has 1 bowl game win in that time span.... we got to build back up and no we aren’t back yet

Advertisement
maxresdefault.jpg

The only thing flying a banner accomplishes is providing a small bit of satisfaction to the derelicts who pay to fly them. These weakminded, powerless individuals feel better about their lives by throwing their $$ away into some crowdsourced idiocy.

Save the money for therapy. Resolve the underlying problem. Your life will improve.

Bro its been 2.5 years since we got beat 58-0 relax. Its gonna take time
I understand your viewpoint. I don't think the banner right now ends well for anyone, especially one that says fire Richt as opposed to hire an OC or something less aggressive, but i get the frustration. It's just that you see things like Richt incessantly running an offense to suit his 30 year old playbook as opposed to adapting to the talent he has and it isn't encouraging. We lose to or struggle with teams we have far greater talent than on the regular and their coaches do more with less on the regular.

The recruiting approach, particularly how they openly lock in on one kid and de-prioritize the rest, has been Amateur Hour at the Apollo. Like I said, I dont want to fight with banner people or the other side for that matter. Im exhausted from all of the years of corching that we have endured. I'm disappointed and I feel powerless to do the things i know should but wont be done. I honestly hope you are right and i am completely short-sighted.

Advertisement
Theres going to be a good handfull of potential recruits there.. If we HAVE to fly a banner, can we ask for an OC, rather than their coaches head? At least for the time being?!

I understand. I don't think the banner right now ends well for anyone, especially one that says fire Richt as opposed to hire an OC, but i get the frustration. It's just that you see things like Richt incessantly running an offense to suit his 30 year old playbook as opposed to adapting to the talent he has and it isn't encouraging. We lose to or struggle with teams we have far greater talent than on the regular and their coaches do more with less on the regular.

The recruiting approach, particularly how they openly lock in on one kid and de-prioritize the rest, has been Amateur Hour at the Apollo. Like I said, I dont want to fight with banner people or the other side for that matter. Im exhausted from all of the years of corching that we have endured. I'm disappointed and I feel powerless to do the things i know should but wont be done. I honestly hope you are right and i am completely short-sighted.

U cant win with some of the fanbase golden recruited players from other states if they didnt want to commit and that ****ed ppl off too. What i think i happens is kids tell them they are coming and then back off at the last minute. Look what brownlee is doing begged for an offer commits and now wants to take visits.

Advertisement
I always think we look low rent with the banners routine!, if Blake James cannot see issues in scheme
and staff he should be canned as well...... thats really not a bad idea as well.
when was the last time senior mgmt( AD & BOT) really made a sharp hire with regards to football
Butch ? just saying, problems at UM go far beyond CMR as far as football is concerned

Win or GTFO.

We’re not trending down. It’s not a good season and the program didn’t take a step forward but the majority of the team are freshmen and sophomores. Dabo did the same thing at Clemson. After 9 wins in his second season, Clemson only won 6 in year 3. Year three is only two recruiting classes in and there’s a transition from the old roster to your players.

This year sucks and we need an OC. Im sure that will be realized but there’s nothing you can do in November

Are we in a good spot as a program? No.
Should we try and create change? Yes.

Flying a banner does nothing more than show how fickle our fan base is. A year ago we're the #2 team in the country and now we're ready to fire our coach. No matter what way you slice it, it's a bad look and it's embarrassing as it'll get national attention.

EDIT: Please realize that the first banners flew after 5-6 seasons by Butch (the football God) and 6-7 by Golden, it isn't the same.

An issue that gets overlooked is what potential replacements think of the banners. CIS will go on about "savages" and how easy it is to win at Miami and how we're a high-profile job, but that's all crap. Even savages like job security, and a fanbase that is this eager to fly banners won't give you that. If it were so easy to win at Miami, one of these last 4 clowns would have done a lot more of it. High profile? Don't confuse our love for the program with how the rest of the country feels. Sure, they'll jump onboard if we're good because Miami is fun, but that doesn't mean they think of us as one of the top 10 jobs. They don't.

So fly your banners, but don't fool yourselves that we'll have a bunch of savage winners knocking down our door when the HC job is next open. And don't fool yourselves that any warm body can do the job. Each of our last 3 coaches solved what we thought was the prior coach's biggest problem, and where did that get us?

F'ing ******-nation. Nobody is happy about what's happened, this season - but banners, at this point - is ridiculous. Real compelling for recruits and what coach, in their right mind would want this job - if they go to the ACCCG their second year and get run out of town the next. Changes need to be made at OC, OL and ST but come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back