The Bank (team edition) 1/29

View as article
Advertisement
I’m sure our fans will say he’s a useless piece of ****, but Restrepo is gonna have a monster year again.

Working with the corpse of TVD, a true freshman, and a project, he earned targets on 26% of his routes run (yes, earning targets is a skill) and gained more yards per route run against zone and man than Keon Coleman, Ainias Smith, Roman Wilson, AD Mitchell, and several other NFL picks. Yes, this chart is wrong because it’s listing the 2024 draft WR class, and Restrepo is obviously coming back. But he’s gonna eat, again, and Ward is gonna pepper him with targets, again, because he’s a really good college football player.

IMG_3725.jpeg

Advertisement
you aren't alone. I've seen it asked on Ferman's site and not answered and 247 multiple times. I b elieve there was a thread on that site.

It's been weird
Now that you mention it, I also had an issue asking about Trader on signing day back in December. Everyone was confirmed but Trader. For some reason nobody updated the LOI list to include Trader. So I kept asking and eventually got a reply. Shortly after signing day I asked @RVACane to pin all the EEs to the top of the recruiting board so it’s been there for a minute.

I’m sure our fans will say he’s a useless piece of ****, but Restrepo is gonna have a monster year again.

Working with the corpse of TVD, a true freshman, and a project, he earned targets on 26% of his routes run (yes, earning targets is a skill) and gained more yards per route run against zone and man than Keon Coleman, Ainias Smith, Roman Wilson, AD Mitchell, and several other NFL picks. Yes, this chart is wrong because it’s listing the 2024 draft WR class, and Restrepo is obviously coming back. But he’s gonna eat, again, and Ward is gonna pepper him with targets, again, because he’s a really good college football player.

View attachment 281366

His YPPR (Yards Per Route Run) is really low.

It could be due to a combination of a bunch of factors:

+ Offensive Design
+ Lack of speed
+ Play selection
+ Role
+ Luck
+ QB play
+ Supporting cast (excess attention)

Let see what he does this year, but a lot of these are things he can’t control.

View attachment 281366
A useless piece of chit? People here will say that about X? I don’t think so and I don’t understand why this narrative gets pushed. There is a huge difference between some fans stating that if a chain moving slot receiver like X is our #1 WR that it limits the offense from being as explosive as it could be if we had a true #1 as our leading receiver and fans stating that he is a useless piece of chit.

While I understand the position I mentioned above, I don’t necessarily agree with it in this situation. Having a WR like X is huge for the offense and I can’t imagine that there is a QB in the nation who wouldn’t want X on their team. Xavier Restrepo is a very hard worker who is meticulous in how he goes about honing his craft. He leads by example and has earned the respect of the entire locker room and the whole coaching staff. Restrepo is a first down machine but his game isn’t limited to that of a possession receiver. He has the ability to execute most of the route tree. He isn’t the type to take the top off of a defense but nobody expects that. X is a young man who does the absolute most with the natural ability he has and he achieves that by outworking everyone around him. Last season he caught 85 passes for 1092 yards at 12.8 yards per reception and 6 TDs while starting all 13 games.

You are correct that X did all this without the benefit of having a good consistent QB throughout the year. He should have an absolutely monster year this season with Cam Ward as his QB.

Advertisement
His YPPR (Yards Per Route Run) is really low.

It could be due to a combination of a bunch of factors:

+ Offensive Design
+ Lack of speed
+ Play selection
+ Role
+ Luck
+ QB play
+ Supporting cast (excess attention)

Let see what he does this year, but a lot of these are things he can’t control.

It’s not really low. I said it in my post. It was higher than Keon Coleman against man AND zone. Higher than Tez Walker against man. Now, he was targeted on a high percentage of his routes. 9th highest on the chart I posted. But his 26% target share isn’t much higher than Coleman’s 23% or Walker’s 24%.

I would like to see yards per target. I think that tells a bigger story. But yards per route run is VERY predictive and again, earning targets is a skill. He wasn’t targeted in heavy coverage very often. He was open on the vast majority of his targets. That’s not an accident. He gets open. And his hands are awesome and he’s very strong after the catch. Look at his aDOT compared to those other dudes and he still averaged a lot more per route run. That’s really impressive.

A useless piece of chit? People here will say that about X? I don’t think so and I don’t understand why this narrative gets pushed. There is a huge difference between some fans stating that if a chain moving slot receiver like X is our #1 WR that it limits the offense from being as explosive as it could be if we had a true #1 as our leading receiver and fans stating that he is a useless piece of chit.

While I understand the position I mentioned above, I don’t necessarily agree with it in this situation. Having a WR like X is huge for the offense and I can’t imagine that there is a QB in the nation who wouldn’t want X on their team. Xavier Restrepo is a very hard worker who is meticulous in how he goes about honing his craft. He leads by example and has earned the respect of the entire locker room and the whole coaching staff. Restrepo is a first down machine but his game isn’t limited to that of a possession receiver. He has the ability to execute most of the route tree. He isn’t the type to take the top off of a defense but nobody expects that. X is a young man who does the absolute most with the natural ability he has and he achieves that by outworking everyone around him. Last season he caught 85 passes for 1092 yards at 12.8 yards per reception and 6 TDs while starting all 13 games.

You are correct that X did all this without the benefit of having a good consistent QB throughout the year. He should have an absolutely monster year this season with Cam Ward as his QB.

There were many, many, many posts here hoping he would declare for the NFL.

Mario missing on Innis and Jeremiah Smith in back to back years is going to hurt big time as far as getting to the next level

A WR room with Smith and Trader on the outside and Restrepo and Innis on the inside would’ve been LSU, Bama, OSU, Washington esk, etc.

Instead we’ll be looking for impact guys in the portal to go with Restrepo and ideally JoJo is ready day 1
I didn’t follow Innis this year. Did he set the world on fire at OSU this yr?

Advertisement
Wait and see with him.
DMoney have we waited long enough on Zion........... I love the guy but............
we need talent now, not based on performance from past seasons and the chance of more injuries. The space factor now is crucial, so we need that spot for top tier talent that can develop or have immediate impact.
What is your take??

Advertisement
Not really worried about the receiver position moving forward. We have 2 highly productive receivers returning with both almost eclipsing 1000 yards each and have a group of talented receivers behind them too. However I’d take a receiver with some length to add to the group which I’m sure we will look towards

View attachment 281366
I am 100% sure no fan has ever said that. I've seen an idiot or 2 wish he leave but the majority have been people explaining that he was overemphasized.

Advertisement
Back