The Bank (team edition) 1/29

What the he11 you saying what are you talking about for? since people started enrolling early this month whenever someone asked did trader enroll early there were literally crickets everytime so of course people would be confused about it
on every site, too. Not just here.

Advertisement
It’s been a while, as I wanted to let some dust settle before giving you the latest, direct information on the team and recruiting. I broke the Bank up into two sections- the latest on the Class of 2025 can be found HERE.

- First, I wanted to provide some first impressions on the Class of ’24 signees and Portal additions now that they've arrived on campus. DISCLAIMER: there is only so much you can read into workouts. None of this is Gospel on how they will actually play. But there’s some value in the “Blink” scouting of physical tools. Note that some players who are not listed below are battling minor ailments.

- When I asked about the new arrivals, a source quickly pointed to QB Judd Anderson and ATH Chris Wheatley-Humphrey as guys who belong. The source described Wheatley-Humphrey as a “natural football player” and noted that Anderson is throwing the ball well. Elija Lofton may not pass the look test but is generating buzz and projects to have a role as a TE, FB and even a tailback at Miami.

- Of course, the highest-ranked signees are far more likely to provide an instant impact. We saw this last year with Mauigoa, Bain and Fletcher. This year is no different. WR JoJo Trader, DE Marquise Lightfoot and S Zaquan Patterson were all described as “freaks." JUCO OT Markel Bell also got high marks for his physical tools (“First round traits”) but will need some seasoning to reach his ceiling.

- Some of the transfers who earned high marks were Albany QB Reese Poffenbarger (“Stud”), Washington safety Mishael Powell and Vanderbilt safety Savion Riley. Again, it’s very early, but I’ve heard quick reviews go the other way in the past when it’s obvious a kid can’t play here. The report on Cam Ward was simple- he is exactly what they expected, in a good way.

- There has been a lot of talk about numbers. I’m not sure the number is as high as has been reported, probably closer to 10 than 20. I won’t go through the potential names here, but I didn’t hear any shockers. Note that if a kid becomes medically disqualified, he would also count to the attrition number.

- RB Rodney Hill, who previously committed as a walk-on, will be headed to FAMU.

- I asked specifically about RB Chris Johnson and was told that he is expected to play and make an impact this year. Speed kills, as we’ve seen in the NFL with guys like Devon Achane and Jahmyr Gibbs.

- OT Samson Okunlola is a player who has had encouraging growth in the strength and conditioning program. His knee surgery set him back just as he was surging in practice, but it was not an ACL tear and he may be back for spring.

- While this may change after spring, wide receiver is the top position to watch in the next Portal period.

What the he11 you saying what are you talking about for? since people started enrolling early this month whenever someone asked did trader enroll early there were literally crickets everytime so of course people would be confused about it
All I’m saying is that it has been known for a long time. I don’t know why nobody answered your question.

I like “Puff the Magic Dragon” better as his nickname,but I’m so ecstatic with the upgrades in the QB room. I expect him to push Ward hard and we could be having one of the best QBs in CFB to go along with one of the top back-ups. Then definitely one of if the best #3’s in Emory. He is a non-stop worker, who breaths football. And of course we hope to see Jacurri make an even stronger jump in development going into year 3. If he doubles his development from year 2 to 3 versus the play his first season to big improvements in the bowl game….we fucccin!

Hands down all of a sudden we go from a broken QB room to the best in the nation!!!!!!!!

I'd take Arch Manning over Poff

Advertisement

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240130_074745_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240130_074745_Samsung Internet.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Updated the original post. He is as advertised so far.
@DMoney I hope the locker room really likes Ward as their leader, have you heard anything about this. Also, do you think Mario will hire any fired head coaches or other coaches to an off the field position to have more eyes on the O & D? Thanks in advance.

you aren't alone. I've seen it asked on Ferman's site and not answered and 247 multiple times. I b elieve there was a thread on that site.

It's been weird
If we're being honest this doesn't confirm he's at miami either. He is brought up in a different paragraph talking about instant impacts, which included Mark Fletcher who didn't enroll early. Could be something also could be nothing.

Advertisement
@DMoney I hope the locker room really likes Ward as their leader, have you heard anything about this. Also, do you think Mario will hire any fired head coaches or other coaches to an off the field position to have more eyes on the O & D? Thanks in advance.
I heard Coker and Butch are being hired in off-field capacities. TFWIW.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back