The Bank (9/14)

View as article
Advertisement
Red Morgan is the kid who flipped from Noles to Alabama, right?

He's a headhunter. Loved his film. I'm wondering how we'd make all these DB's work in terms of numbers (I know, I know, unlimited takes this year), but he's a take all day, every day.
That’s going to be a tough flip. He dumped fsu within minutes of Saban making a push.

Whoever thinks winning isn't important in recruiting should recognize after reading this that even the staff knew they had to show progress on the field if they had any intention of taking anything outside of developmental talent at certain spots this cycle. They are set up to chip away at the big boys and process out the guys that don't show enough growth on SR film.

Also interesting:

TE: I'd imagine Galloway's offer is not a commitable one at this point. If we are still focusing our attention at landing one of the top guys. Surprising because he is who i assumed committed over the week @Cribby

Edge: We have talent already committed but it looks like we are over recruiting the spot. Maybe because the guys on the roster currently aren't developing (Moss comes to mind).
Besides Moss, who else at EDGE/DE would you say is not developing? It's super early in the process to be talking about kids not developing. Don't get it wrong. I'm not trying to beat you up and in fact I like your posts. I just think it's a bit premature to talk about current EDGE guys not developing. You may be hinting at Kelly but I also think it's too early to jump to those conclusions just yet. Let's break it down.....

DE Nyjalik Kelly 6'5" 250 lbs Sophomore
DE Cyrus Moss. 6'5" 215 lbs. Redshirt Freshman
DE Jayden Wayne 6'6" 245 lbs Freshman
DE Reuben Bain 6'3" 275 lbs Freshman
DE Collins Acheampong 6'7" 270 lbs Freshman

Look for Kelly, Wayne and Bain to keep improving over the course of the season. Collins just got cleared to run and he has been blowing people away with his freakish size, wingspan and athleticism. D$ says not to expect anything this year but next year he should make his presence felt. I'm not giving up on Cyrus Moss. He is still just a redshirt Freshman and I expect him to make a few plays this year in certain packages as he continues to learn and adding more weight. Moss is about 215 lbs right now. If he can get to the 230-240 range by next season, I will be ecstatic! All in all I would look for a quantum leap forward collectively by this group of young DE/EDGE players in 2024.

If the Gators season implodes like it looks like it will...

We should definitely put the full court pre$$ on Xavier Filsaime.

Having that kind of Speed on Defense is invaluable.

I really hope Tenn beats their *** on Saturday night. Not sure if tenn is as good as last year but Florida isn’t very good. Tenn can’t let themselves lose to this Florida team

Advertisement
Besides Moss, who else at EDGE/DE would you say is not developing? It's super early in the process to be talking about kids not developing. Don't get it wrong. I'm not trying to beat you up and in fact I like your posts. I just think it's a bit premature to talk about current EDGE guys not developing. You may be hinting at Kelly but I also think it's too early to jump to those conclusions just yet. Let's break it down.....

Look for Kelly, Wayne and Bain to keep improving over the course of the season. Collins just got cleared to run and he has been blowing people away with his freakish size, wingspan and athleticism. D$ says not to expect anything this year but next year he should make his presence felt. I'm not giving up on Cyrus Moss. He is still just a redshirt Freshman and I expect him to make a few plays this year in certain packages as he continues to learn and adding more weight. Moss is about 215 lbs right now. If he can get to the 230-240 range by next season, I will be ecstatic! All in all I would look for a quantum leap forward collectively by this group of young DE/EDGE players in 2024.
BAIN!!!! Is all we got that’s elite in my opinion. We might hit the portal for this spot

Rest very sketchy room going into 2024. Moss is too small
Kelley can’t stay healthy and hasn’t shown much in my opinion with his snaps so far in his career
Wayne we will see
Collins isn’t playing this year
Chantz isn’t very good
Harvey is solid not sure if he has 1 year left.
Then whatever freshmen we get most are light in the *** right now. Lightfoot probably has best chance to play as an EE in Jan

Mesidor gone?

BAIN!!!! Is all we got that’s elite in my opinion. We might hit the portal for this spot

Kelley can’t stay healthy and hasn’t shown much in my opinion with his snaps so far in his career
Wayne we will see
Chantz isn’t very good
Then whatever freshmen we get most are light in the *** right now. Lightfoot probably has best chance to play as an EE in Jan

Mesidor gone?
I don't necessarily disagree but I wouldn't quite throw in the towel on Kelly yet. Many were expecting Kelly to breakout this year. I wasn't among them. Kelly is still quite young as are the rest. Bain has been very active in his first 3 games and so far seems to be the best of the bunch. I'll see how things develop over the course of the year. Completely agree on Lightfoot.

Wayne we will see
Chantz isn’t very good

Mesidor gone?
I disagree that kelly hasn't looked good but you are right about injuries. As we see with Don, talent is amazing but you have to be available. Definitely need some more depth at edge, we definitely should hit the portal.

Advertisement
We need to oversign on the interior of the offensive line. Eddie Pierre-Louis, try to flip the A&M kid, and try to flip one of the centers we missed on. There is no depth there. Also, as @gogeta4 has been saying for years, we need to hit that DMV area. Pretty good for both '24 and '25 classes. Would love to see us make a run at the corner committed to Oregon who played really well against Chaminade. I still agree with @DMoney premise that city kids will have a smoother/easier transition to Miami.

Mario said in his post game conference he is grabbing a PB&J and hitting the first schools right and early today to recruit. The added benefit of this schedule. He can recruit today and tomorrow while other schools are focused on their games. You know Mario is relentless.

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement

Wayne we will see
Chantz isn’t very good

Mesidor gone?
Alot of unknowns for you to be confident in your opinion, Especially about the young pups!

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Pun Ok GIF by Dead Meat James

Advertisement
Mario said in his post game conference he is grabbing a PB&J and hitting the first schools right and early today to recruit. The added benefit of this schedule. He can recruit today and tomorrow while other schools are focused on their games. You know Mario is relentless.
**** they making PB&J pastelitos now? I got to get my *** down to Versailles

We got flight tracker threads for coaching carousel but where is the GPS tracking on coach vehicles for recruiting thread?

Somebody get us signed up for some fleet tracking software ASAP.

“Mario is westbound on Broward Blvd…American Heritage, here we come!”

We got flight tracker threads for coaching carousel but where is the GPS tracking on coach vehicles for recruiting thread?

Somebody get us signed up for some fleet tracking software ASAP.

“Mario is westbound on Broward Blvd…American Heritage, here we come!”

I’m sure our staff will be out at local games and maybe even fly out for a big targets game. Maybe @DMoney knows where our coaches are going with an off Saturday.

If the Gators season implodes like it looks like it will...

We should definitely put the full court pre$$ on Xavier Filsaime.

Having that kind of Speed on Defense is invaluable.

Take anyone from that class we think can contribute. They consistently stole our verbals when we were weak. Time to stuff them back in the locker or better yet give them a royal flush treatment.

Advertisement
Back