The Bank (8/3)

View as article
Advertisement
That’s great and all D$ but Matt Shodell said the team / coaches must have plenty of warts since they couldn’t watch much practice. I mean missing out on shorts and helmets day 1 and 2 is telling. I think I’ll take Canesports side. Nothing personal. Thanks for the info though.

@Cribby unfortunately Shodell isn’t really far off from what he says most of the time. People like to give him fluff, but he’s pretty grounded about the team.

I hope what the Bank is saying is right on about the team thus far. I like what I’m hearing about the culture, but it hasn’t been tested yet. What are your expectations, 10 wins would be overachieving I think.

I'm just hella annoyed right now our rivals are straight KILLING **** on the trail and yet this "quiet confidence" of ours got us landing zero star recruits and ranked 18th...... and it's AUGUST.

all that best summer ever, best dl class ever..... man those recruits had the best VACATION EVER. That's all we were. A **** vacation trip.

Advertisement
Who wants a scumbag recruiting version of Mario that can run his own elite offense?
Excited Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

I'm just hella annoyed right now our rivals are straight KILLING **** on the trail and yet this "quiet confidence" of ours got us landing zero star recruits and ranked 18th...... and it's AUGUST.

all that best summer ever, best dl class ever..... man those recruits had the best VACATION EVER. That's all we were. A **** vacation trip.

But the BBQ had great ribs.

Advertisement
I’ll gladly trade off-season champs for a 9-win season.

Unfortunately given what our current class looks like combined with being clearly the third-best class in the state, the sense of urgency is ramped up to an all-time high.

And yeah…miss me with the “crazy how some of you expected similar results on the trail to last season” bs. Don’t change your tune now that we’re into August with a trash class…one that we’d ridicule any team for having, especially our rivals. Where was this energy in April, May, June or July?

If you can’t handle the heat, get out of the kitchen with the fluff and fake hype. It’s done after this summer, dead and buried until wins are chalked up on the schedule. Then we’ll revisit.

It’s show me time, enough with the words and cryptic, attention-seeking behavior on a message board.

Remember UF still has to play their season and it's going to be a longggggggggg season for them.

I’ll gladly trade off-season champs for a 9-win season.

Unfortunately given what our current class looks like combined with being clearly the third-best class in the state, the sense of urgency is ramped up to an all-time high.

And yeah…miss me with the “crazy how some of you expected similar results on the trail to last season” bs. Don’t change your tune now that we’re into August with a trash class…one that we’d ridicule any team for having, especially our rivals. Where was this energy in April, May, June or July?

If you can’t handle the heat, get out of the kitchen with the fluff and fake hype. It’s done after this summer, dead and buried until wins are chalked up on the schedule. Then we’ll revisit.

It’s show me time, enough with the words and cryptic, attention-seeking behavior on a message board.
Yeah you aren’t getting me with the “third best in the state”, FSU had one decent year and beat Mario in his first year, they’ve sucked for a whirl.

Florida looked worse than us last year.

Advertisement
Yeah you aren’t getting me with the “third best in the state”, FSU had one decent year and beat Mario in his first year, they’ve sucked for a whirl.

I was never a big math guy but a 4th-ranked class is better than 18th.

Also 3rd is better than 18th. Florida did not look worse than us last year lmfao, like c’mon big guy. You can’t fool anyone with that. Our wins were Bethune, Southern Miss, Virginia, GT and VT. I’ll save you the time looking up the combined record of the teams we beat: 20-37.

7 of those wins are from Southern Miss. 13-30 from the ACC teams, and we all know what happened in the VT and UVA games.

UF wasn’t great but at least they competed with FSU, and beat Utah, A&M and SCar.

Last edited:
Florida didn't look worse than us last year.

We looked way worse, it's not even debatable.

-They beat the PAC 12 champion Utah.
-They played FSU to the wire in Trailerhassee 45-38.
-They competed and lost at Tennessee 38-33.
-They beat Texas A&M by 17 in College Station.
-They lost by 10 to LSU
-They lost to UGA by 22
-They beat South Carolina by 32

Listen they had a bad season, but their season was way, and I mean miles more competitive against a tougher schedule than ours was.

We lost to Texas A&M by 8
We lost to FSU by 42 at home
We lost to Mid Tenn State by 14
We got blown out by Duke by 24 at home

Advertisement
I was never a big math guy but a 4th-ranked class is better than 18th.

Also 3rd is better than 18th. Florida did not look worse than us last year lmfao, like c’mon big guy. You can’t fool anyone with that. Our wins were Bethune, Southern Miss, Virginia, GT and VT. I’ll save you the time looking up the combined record of the teams we beat: 20-37.

7 of those wins are from Southern Miss.

UF wasn’t great but at least they competed with FSU, and beat Utah, A&M and SCar.
I guess you weren't a big calendar guy either since it's only August. 🤷‍♂️

Oh here’s the “it’s only August crowd” again.

Once upon a time, it was only June. Then it was only July.

Keep making excuses though.
Well since it looks like you are new to the recruiting world can you guess when our class went from top 3 last year to top 7?

I'll give you a hint it was after August.

Sad as it is to say, the gator was a much better team than we were last year. Just keeping it real.

They finished 29th in FEI. We finished 90th.

I don’t think SP+ was quite as drastic, but I know it was bad.

I don’t think you guys realize how truly awful this team was last year. The gators stunk too but they were competitive against good teams occasionally.

Advertisement
Back