The Bank (8/21)

Or maybe Skinner should move to WR? šŸ¤”
For what ainā€™t thatā€™s why we bring in Colbie Young for. The kid will play early and make plays. Donā€™t sleep on Horton and I believe Ladson will explode. His physical attribute plus a QB like TVD sky the limit for that kid. Rambo was soso this time last yr until the about 3rd game of the season he explode. I believe Ladson will have the same type of season progress. I think Davon Perry should get play time. The kid remind of CJR the same kid we trying to recruit.

Advertisement
Why do some of yā€™all equate a weakness on the team to the apocalypse. Itā€™s like saying ā€œIā€™m brokeā€ with 5k in the bank. You canā€™t buy a car but you sure as heck ain't starving.

WR needed an alpha and didnā€™t get it. Wish Rambo wouldā€™ve stayed but he did what he had to do to believe he could make the League. If he canā€™t it isnā€™t because he left. If weā€™d have gotten Zay or another dude in and out of the portal but we didnā€™t.

This is how I see the season: the WRs mean we get ā€œcrock pottedā€ in the two games we probably werenā€™t going to win anyway: TAMU and Clemson. Those Ds will do enough to launch a thousand porsts counterfactualizing Lashleeā€™s effectiveness against elite squads (remember, he sucked). Maybe ā€” maybe ā€” they keep a few more games close that we shouldā€™ve won easily, but I by no means think theyā€™ll ā€œcost us 4 gamesā€. Theyā€™ll just eat up our margins.
I feel broke and have 20 in the bank šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

Glad your boy is finally getting a shot in a real defense that allows him to hit his gaps and not get mauled every **** play
Wondered if I was the only one who noticed who posted that.

Good to see @waynejr31 back posting! Excited to see your boy in a legit scheme. Heā€™s a great kid, and hopefully we get to see him ball after all heā€™s fought through. Most kids wouldā€™ve mailed it in or transferred. You should be proud.

Advertisement
He played well at guard last year but I agree with reservations on him at tackle.
I like him much better at guard. With the experience that Rivers and Campbell have had competing for LT in Zions absence, we should be able to slide Rivers or Campbell over to RT. We have plenty of guys that can compete for the 2 guard spots.

I have seen film and Steed is having a **** of a camp. This is going to be a great season and the D-Line is everything that the media is saying they are. Iā€™m hearing a lot of good things about Darrell Jackson (almost G-Willis type status).
One more thing to add. 17 said ā€œThis has been the most physically demanding camp Iā€™ve been through in all my years hereā€.

Havent gotten to watch any, and I realize thereā€™s only so much you could or should say, so here are a few of my curiosities:

- How often will we use odd fronts? If at all? Weā€™ve got so many pieces that fit perfectly into those type of fronts.

- How are the LB responsibilities? Hopefully, this will be one of the bigger changes. Guys without what seemed like clear gap responsibilities was a wild thing to watch once our DL talent wasnā€™t sufficiently disruptive.

- if you can, would love to hear if, at base, weā€™ve improved our zone play on the backend. Whatā€™s the communication like?

- Safety responsibilities are as big or bigger in our transformation as a defense. Hopefully, no more hanging dudes out to dry.

If you have anything youā€™re able to share, Iā€™m sure many of us would appreciate it. If you canā€™t, all good. Thanks for the post, regardless.

Lu ā€¦ I was only able to attend Saturdayā€™s scrimmage and thatā€™s the only one Iā€™ll be able to make.

Aside from trying to survive the heat I was mostly enjoying the overall structure of a new regime and soaking in our likely final season of TVD throwing dimes behind center.

However, it seemed pretty clear that more traditional gap responsIbilities are foundational in the D. Our linebackers still look way too small to me but they certainly were playing much more sound and were filling nicely at times. I donā€™t know, again I wasnā€™t very focused on it, but they still seem to be the clear weak spot in the D. Itā€™ll be interesting if Strong can get some of the younger guys, who certainly look the part, able and ready to play. I thought 17 flashed from time to time with the oneā€™s.

The backend looks solid. Again, seemingly very little confusion pre and post snap. 24 flashed in my opinion. The other guys might have more talent but that kid was all over the place.

Advertisement
Stay Mad GIF
you mad big sean GIF

I canā€™t wait to see the situational stuff with Steele. Iā€˜d like to see KK, AW and JW on the field together on obvious pass downs. Same with the front 4 and JH, Agude, Mesidoor and Taylor. Maybe Elijah inside. Throw Keontra out there and youā€™d have a nice , athletic dime formation. Even using JW as a star / nickel lb. This could be fun.

I've said this for the last 6 months.

Those 3 are absolutely 3 of your best 11 on that side of the ball. Steele needs to find a way to have all 3 of them on the field at the same time as much as possible. I trust he will.

Advertisement
For what ?? I donā€™t get this man. Just activate D Perry and let Brashad get some burns as a RB we good. Donā€™t need to burn a roster spot on a portal guy.
B. Smith is one of the WR's that Mario pointed out as stepping up and being consistent / reliable. The 3 he mentioned in his last presser were Restrepo, Brashard Smith and KeyShawn Smith. Even said that they would need to get Restrepo and B. Smith on the field at the same time "got to have your best players on the field". So no .. coaches aren't taking a sorely needed WR that is doing well and playing him at RB.

I canā€™t wait to see the situational stuff with Steele. Iā€˜d like to see KK, AW and JW on the field together on obvious pass downs. Same with the front 4 and JH, Agude, Mesidoor and Taylor. Maybe Elijah inside. Throw Keontra out there and youā€™d have a nice , athletic dime formation. Even using JW as a star / nickel lb. This could be fun.
You and I as well. I've posted about this in the past few months but it's clear that Steele has a ton of potential versatility on this defense at all 3 levels even LB. I can't wait to see how he is going to use that 3 headed stud burger at Safety in addition to guys like Chase Smith, Wes Bissainthe, Tyrique Stevenson, Gil Frierson and Thomas Davis. I think Blades will also be a utility type guy who will go from CB to Safety to Star.

Put that together with the type of depth, talent and positional versatility on the front 4 and we could really really have something. It's been said many times but it bears repeating that the addition of Darrell Jackson was like snapping the last piece of a giant puzzle in place. I literally cannot wait to see this defense play. The best part is that as these players get more live action under their belts and Steele begins to really see who can do what, this defense will get better and better each week. I'm pumped! LFG!

Advertisement
I have seen film and Steed is having a **** of a camp. This is going to be a great season and the D-Line is everything that the media is saying they are. Iā€™m hearing a lot of good things about Darrell Jackson (almost G-Willis type status).

Steed is playing great. He will be a big part of this defense. That unit overall looks much improved.

B. Smith is one of the WR's that Mario pointed out as stepping up and being consistent / reliable. The 3 he mentioned in his last presser were Restrepo, Brashard Smith and KeyShawn Smith. Even said that they would need to get Restrepo and B. Smith on the field at the same time "got to have your best players on the field". So no .. coaches aren't taking a sorely needed WR that is doing well and playing him at RB.
Just say it yourself get ya best player on the field and if we think at RB donā€™t see why not. Can use him like 49ers do Deebo Samuel. Defense wouldnā€™t know what to expect. Is he noticing out as a WR or Scat Back I love it.

If we can figure out WR, then I think we could win 10 games. But thatā€™s a HUGE question mark and one that shouldnā€™t be brushed to the side.

Advertisement
Back