The Bank (8/21)

View as article
Oh for sure the TEs and RBs are going to be an asset to the running game but you need WRs to stretch the field. We can’t play in a phone booth. And if you’re relying on the 3rd TE on the roster, you’ll be disappointed. George, I believe, might be suspended for the first game or 2.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Advertisement
I'm glad you guys are so high on Rique. I would have been shocked if he had gone higher than 4th round last cycle had he opted for the draft. Which isn't chopped liver by any means, still very solid. If he can play at the level of a top 32 draft-eligible player in the nation, that would be incredible for Miami.
I'm more shocked by the people here that think Zion is a potential 1st or 2nd Rounder.

Do you guys really believe Stevenson is a "true first rounder"? He played well last year, don't get me wrong. But he wasn't the game changer most first rounders are. Or has he taken a big step under Steele and Addae?
I’ll answer this and your follow up to @Cribby At Georgia Kirby had him play five different positions in in the first five games of his sophomore season. Versatility is a huge deal to the NFL. He came home and played outside corner for the entire season. He progressed as a CB until he got hurt. He payed three games with a bad shoulder, before he left to get it fixed. He wouldn’t have made it to the forth round in last years draft. He had a third round grade last year from the NFL. He’s rated this year as the third or forth best CB depending on who you talk to in the NFL. There are a total of four top tier CB’s in this upcoming draft. Unlike the last two drafts, the next one is very short on top tier CB talent. Him and Ringo are the two biggest and Tyrique is a lot more versatile. We’ll see what happens, but no one would be surprised if he stays healthy and performs well this season, if he was the first one to come off the board. I’m biased for many different reasons, but the NFL doesn’t give a **** what I think. He’s a leader, football smart as fvck, he doesn’t party AT ALL and doesn’t give a **** about shiny toys/money. The kid is a DC’s and front office’s dream. He doesn’t have a shot of getting out of the second group of 20. He’s an early second rounder at worst. The best WR in the country caught a nine yard wheel route on him against Pitt. One catch 😂 he picked the first quarterback taken in the draft. He had one bad half last season, because he was throwing up on the sidelines and he kept playing for his teammates. He’s also the strongest CB to ever play here. He’s broken all of Rolle’s lifting records and that’s coming off of shoulder surgery. He was the best player on our defense last year and he’ll be the best again this year. Quiet CB’s are the best ones. Everyone knows who Ivey is, because his game is loud. He’s an honorable mention all American and the national media doesn’t know him as a Cane or a CB. He’s first team all ACC. The NFL doesn’t care what the media popularity contest looks like either. Let’s enjoy the best CB to play here in almost 20 years. Lastly he’s playing in the system he spent two years playing in at Georgia. Last year was his first in Manny’s garbage. He’s going to own 2022.

I’ll answer this and your follow up to @Cribby At Georgia Kirby had him play five different positions in in the first five games of his sophomore season. Versatility is a huge deal to the NFL. He came home and played outside corner for the entire season. He progressed as a CB until he got hurt. He payed three games with a bad shoulder, before he left to get it fixed. He wouldn’t have made it to the forth round in last years draft. He had a third round grade last year from the NFL. He’s rated this year as the third or forth best CB depending on who you talk to in the NFL. There are a total of four top tier CB’s in this upcoming draft. Unlike the last two drafts, the next one is very short on top tier CB talent. Him and Ringo are the two biggest and Tyrique is a lot more versatile. We’ll see what happens, but no one would be surprised if he stays healthy and performs well this season, if he was the first one to come off the board. I’m biased for many different reasons, but the NFL doesn’t give a **** what I think. He’s a leader, football smart as fvck, he doesn’t party AT ALL and doesn’t give a **** about shiny toys/money. The kid is a DC’s and front office’s dream. He doesn’t have a shot of getting out of the second group of 20. He’s an early second rounder at worst. The best WR in the country caught a nine yard wheel route on him against Pitt. One catch 😂 he picked the first quarterback taken in the draft. He had one bad half, because he was throwing up on the sidelines and he kept playing for his teammates. He’s also the strongest CB to ever play here. He’s broken all of Rolle’s lifting records and that’s coming off of shoulder surgery. He was the best player on our defense last year and he’ll be the best again this year. Quiet CB’s are the best ones. Everyone knows who Ivey is, because his game is loud. He’s an honorable mention all American and the national media doesn’t know him as a Cane or a CB. He’s first team all ACC. The NFL doesn’t care what the media popularity contest looks like either. Let’s enjoy the best CB to play here in almost 20 years. Lastly he’s playing in the system he spent two years playing in at Georgia. Last year was his first in Manny’s garbage. He’s going to own 2022.
I agree on him being best defensive player. Dude brings the wood on every down. Very physical and I hope he has a monster year.

Advertisement
This what happens when u miss on the studs man it's going to take time for Mario to get the monsters. The Pitt wr would of been huge impact on the offense
We definitely have some talent in the WR room it’s just very young too

I was concerned when Rambo bolted because I thought most of these guys outside of X were still a year away

I have an absurd amount of scared posts about Rambo from way back in the winter haha. This is playing out how I feared, though there’s time for these guys to get right once the games start too

Advertisement
I’ll answer this and your follow up to @Cribby At Georgia Kirby had him play five different positions in in the first five games of his sophomore season. Versatility is a huge deal to the NFL. He came home and played outside corner for the entire season. He progressed as a CB until he got hurt. He payed three games with a bad shoulder, before he left to get it fixed. He wouldn’t have made it to the forth round in last years draft. He had a third round grade last year from the NFL. He’s rated this year as the third or forth best CB depending on who you talk to in the NFL. There are a total of four top tier CB’s in this upcoming draft. Unlike the last two drafts, the next one is very short on top tier CB talent. Him and Ringo are the two biggest and Tyrique is a lot more versatile. We’ll see what happens, but no one would be surprised if he stays healthy and performs well this season, if he was the first one to come off the board. I’m biased for many different reasons, but the NFL doesn’t give a **** what I think. He’s a leader, football smart as fvck, he doesn’t party AT ALL and doesn’t give a **** about shiny toys/money. The kid is a DC’s and front office’s dream. He doesn’t have a shot of getting out of the second group of 20. He’s an early second rounder at worst. The best WR in the country caught a nine yard wheel route on him against Pitt. One catch 😂 he picked the first quarterback taken in the draft. He had one bad half last season, because he was throwing up on the sidelines and he kept playing for his teammates. He’s also the strongest CB to ever play here. He’s broken all of Rolle’s lifting records and that’s coming off of shoulder surgery. He was the best player on our defense last year and he’ll be the best again this year. Quiet CB’s are the best ones. Everyone knows who Ivey is, because his game is loud. He’s an honorable mention all American and the national media doesn’t know him as a Cane or a CB. He’s first team all ACC. The NFL doesn’t care what the media popularity contest looks like either. Let’s enjoy the best CB to play here in almost 20 years. Lastly he’s playing in the system he spent two years playing in at Georgia. Last year was his first in Manny’s garbage. He’s going to own 2022.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, @Boarcane. I'm trying to avoid drinking too much Kool Aid coming out of Fall camp. Bur you guys are making it hard.

He played well at guard last year but I agree with reservations on him at tackle.
100%

If we have to play Scaife at tackle I’m concerned. Guard he played pretty well, problem was no matter who played RT seemed to struggle badly so it’s like out of necessity which sucks

Advertisement
You do know Mcshay has him projected as a first rounder right? Does that mean he will be? Nope but just like we have slurpers that overrate our guys we have people who don’t realize how good some players are. TS is 6‘1 + , weighs 205-210 and can run. He was our number one cb the moment he showed up even though he hadn’t played cb since HS. He improved every week and was **** near locking his side down by seasons end. He’ll be on an island here a good bit and will move around situationally showing his full skill set. Imo he’s a Swiss Army Knife and is perfect for the new NFL. It’s not crazy to say first or second sound is possible.
There’s at least 5 corners off the top of my head that come before him without a down being played. I think 4 of that 5 goes first round and hopefully the next two will include TS at the top of the second and porter from Penn state. Imo. Ringo and cam smith will fight all season for CB1 and who knows what Malachi moore will do with a year of boosted stock by just being a good Bama draft eligible player during a great season. Of course I’m not as high on TS as you guys are but he’s good. He’s probably somewhere around 5 in this draft for corners

Advertisement
There’s at least 5 corners off the top of my head that come before him without a down being played. I think 4 of that 5 goes first round and hopefully the next two will include TS at the top of the second and porter from Penn state. Imo. Ringo and cam smith will fight all season for CB1 and who knows what Malachi moore will do with a year of boosted stock by just being a good Bama draft eligible player during a great season. Of course I’m not as high on TS as you guys are but he’s good. He’s probably somewhere around 5 in this draft for corners
I hope you’re undervaluing him, but if he’s a top five CB he’s gone before 40. That’s a fair and conservative grade. That would also imply he doubled his first contract money coming back for his senior season. Fwiw as the fifth best CB in the draft, that’s the best since 2004 for us, I believe.

Last edited:
Or you could be an outlier like Cway and give 0 ***** about the sheep.
I just went by reading Lances breakdowns tbh

Man those things were a sobering look at just how bad things were when it comes to details

I know we are all hype about the coaching but seeing how many small things the offense and defense were missing that should be able to be fixed was crazy. Just undisciplined **** coaching all around

Advertisement
Back