The Bank (8/21)

View as article
You do know Mcshay has him projected as a first rounder right? Does that mean he will be? Nope but just like we have slurpers that overrate our guys we have people who don’t realize how good some players are. TS is 6‘1 + , weighs 205-210 and can run. He was our number one cb the moment he showed up even though he hadn’t played cb since HS. He improved every week and was **** near locking his side down by seasons end. He’ll be on an island here a good bit and will move around situationally showing his full skill set. Imo he’s a Swiss Army Knife and is perfect for the new NFL. It’s not crazy to say first or second sound is possible.
He is 100% an NFL player but was just surprised at 1st rounder is all. 2nd-4th would not surprise me at all. I’ll take your word for it, he has the talent and based on this it appears he has taken the next step

Advertisement
Not trying to be a jackass but idk why some of you are even talking about bringing in a rb transfer 2 weeks before the season starts. There’s 3 healthy backs now and Chaney will be back in a few games. There’s even the walk on Perry who could get some touches in the first couple games if Miami is up a good amount.

Last edited:
WRs dropping balls just means they arent spending enough time at the jugs machine. catching can be improved.

Catch 200 balls on the machine EVERY DAY from different body angles and you’ll drastically cut the number of drops.
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

I know what u meant but Hey Yoo! Hit the button

Advertisement
TS
Couch
Porter
Dunson
Ivey
Graves
Curtis

The secondary has improved dramatically with Steele / JA. If the defense remains healthy it’s going to be really good.
Can’t wait to see this DL in action

There’s some grown men up front for a change. Last year was tough

Advertisement
Thanks @DMoney ! Man, the WR drop news is concerning. A big third down that ends in a dropped pass is deflating, sucks the air out of the stadium, and flips momentum. Almost like a turnover or missed FG.

Overall, I'll take a good to great physical defense with a heisman dark hose in TVD.
Although I get where you're coming from.....a mentally weak team gets deflated by a dropped pass, regardless of the situation.

Only way it should deflate you is if it's time to run out the clock by the opposing team. This is EXACTLY what Mario has been talking about...and in the Kevin Steele introductory press conference he alluded to it as well with his comments on the defense playing the role as first responders.

Think of it this way.. .imagine OSU, Bama, UGA etc getting deflated by a big 3rd down dropped pass. Its not happening because of the mentally tough culture that's been instilled in those teams. Even a squad like Kentucky has become mentally tough, and the results have shown on the field the past two years...who would've ever thought Kentucky football would win 9-10 games in back to back seasons.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm glad you guys are so high on Rique. I would have been shocked if he had gone higher than 4th round last cycle had he opted for the draft. Which isn't chopped liver by any means, still very solid. If he can play at the level of a top 32 draft-eligible player in the nation, that would be incredible for Miami.
part of it is just how the NFL has been changing

Lots of massive WRs doing damage in these offenses. A kid like Rique has the physical gifts that can’t be taught so a team will probably bump him up

Like you said there were times he was by far our best defensive player but he’s clearly played hurt a lot for us too

Can’t wait to watch him this year

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back