The Bank (7/6)

View as article
@DMoney Is it fair to say that "Cristobal the recruiter at UM" > "Cristobal the recruiter at Oregon?" Oregon is a great program with much more success than we've had of late. Nationally, they are quite visible and seemingly on a lot of kids' lists. But given the amount of high end talent within 25-50 miles of this campus, in addition to the fact that Miami is a world class city and an easier sell than Eugene (and much more accessible by plane), is it fair to assume that Cristobal is a potentially deadlier recruiter here?

Advertisement
I know what you mean my dude, but I just want to point out that it's been the opposite of easy. Every ounce of success they've achieved has been the direct result of an almost unfathomable amount of hard work and time invested. This staff is out-grinding other programs.
easy for them cause Mario is a hard worker its in his blood.

@DMoney Is it fair to say that "Cristobal the recruiter at UM" > "Cristobal the recruiter at Oregon?" Oregon is a great program with much more success than we've had of late. Nationally, they are quite visible and seemingly on a lot of kids' lists. But given the amount of high end talent within 25-50 miles of this campus, in addition to the fact that Miami is a world class city and an easier sell than Eugene (and much more accessible by plane), is it fair to assume that Cristobal is a potentially deadlier recruiter here?
Of course. I love the state of Oregon, but it is not football country and it is not a place many football players want to live.

Advertisement
And resources. It's hard to believe, but he's been given more resources here than he had at Oregon.

Bruh hes basically Nick Saban on steroids here and he has the eye for talent, the guys we are targeting and winning battles against is bama.

The recruiting difference at Oregon is pretty big BC (before Cristobal) and WC (With Cristobal)

From 2010-2017 Oregon averaged a composite class ranking of 17.63 according to 247. Not bad but we're talking about a team that played for two titles during that period and were among the best teams in the nation.

Mario got hired on Taggart's staff for the 2017 season. The average recruiting class ranking from 2018-2021 leaped to 9.5. Peaking with the #6 overall class in 2021.

The 2022 class was a solid 13th but that class was half Mario, half Dan Lanning.

If Mario can average a top 10 recruiting class at a place where NOBODY has ever recruited at that level, imagine what he can do at a place like Miami.

Advertisement
Of course. I love the state of Oregon, but it is not football country and it is not a place many football players want to live.
I’ll also add that I think Cristobal‘a staff here is far better. Our boosters stepped up and provided Cristobal with the resources to hire a big boy staff. I don’t think he had a similar level of financial backing at Oregon.

Advertisement
the rock wwe GIF

Advertisement
I was told he doesn’t have the green light yet , it doesn’t mean he won’t eventually. I trust whatever they decide.
Wow we playing big boy games freeling is a good player would think he is backup up to s.o

Advertisement
Back