The Bank (7/27)

View as article
Advertisement
Late bloomer.

Didn’t play CB until his Senior year & didn’t start getting the majority of his P5 offers until September/October of his Senior season. He was actually a Basketball kid that was primarily a WR, RB & KR/PR until he converted to Defense, we offered him in November & he signed with us in December.

But I said it from the moment we offered him https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2022-cb-jaden-harris-receives-offer-commit.173038/

Then back before Spring Camp when I saw how he looked when he came to visit campus I legit thought he was an EE because he was down in Miami at least every other week checking in with the new staff. Then I heard directly from Terry that he’s a dedicated & hungry kid, he’s absolutely bought in to being as good player as he can be.

In the Spring he was working out, studying film, studying the playbook & running drills every day. He even had the coaches sending him film of the Spring practices to watch the Defense & learn everything the CB group was doing & learning the play calls & assignments. Even when he wasn’t on campus he was training like a kid who is.

It’s why I’ve been saying he’s the kid who will likely get PT as a TF among the CB group more so than anybody, because his natural sub 4.4 speed with good ball skills & is motivated kid eager to earn his spot, unless the upperclassmen are fixed in their position & it’s not really an open comp, but if all things are equal he’s a kid that (barring injury) will find his way on the field as more than just a Special Teams gunner.

That kind of speed & natural traits shouldn’t be sitting on the bench, he’s already right now the fastest CB on the team & that’s significant in my book because most of our Corners are fairly slow Boundary guys lol

Hopefully he gets acclimated to the system & gets some real playing time.
Good to see you have gotten up from your nap to provide some analysis! 😎

Midseason form my man! Love it! **** yes!

Advertisement
Great write up, D¥! Love the realistic approach as opposed to gassing everyone up. The Aguero UGA commitment was disappointing. Will staff try to flip him, or are they going to move on?

bow bowing GIF

Advertisement
Call me crazy but we've been recruiting so well that I actually forgot about Ruben Bain 😳. If this was last years staff our whole class would depend on him. No disrespect to the kid but I'm glad we've extended the board under Mario.
That’s been the best part of Mario
He’s going after elite talent manny and has legit plan b c d all lined up
If we still had manny our biggest targets this year would have been Bain and Kirkland
And we would look like gator tears freaking out

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back