The Bank (7/19)

View as article
Lol. Unfortunately, this is true. It's wild when people think they know more about a profession than the professionals.
I’m in the health/fitness science field

My colleagues are PhDs

The amount of times internet bros are like “ur wrong” is amazing

They were like well I guess that was a waste of like 15 years of studying and application 😂

Advertisement
I’m in the health/fitness science field

My colleagues are PhDs

The amount of times internet bros are like “ur wrong” is amazing

They were like well I guess that was a waste of like 15 years of studying and application 😂
It’s the same for first responders. Go follow a firefighter or police officer page on social media and watch how many “how to” comments pop up and none of them work in the field.

I hope this isn’t indicative of your courtroom demeanor. Sometimes I agree with you and sometimes I have a different opinion. This is a message board for Christ sakes. You don’t have to be so combative all the time.

I’m done with this. Have a nice day. :)

Look, you got in your feelings. I typed a TWO-WORD response to your comments on Alston, to which you came back with a lengthy cut/paste/bold response attempting to educate me on Alston.

Don't be mad. I'm not. I don't start fights, but I definitely end them.

Nothing personal.

1658344664657.png

I have a small confession....
If I'm reading a message board about sports and I see a 50 line single-spaced dissertation abundant in field-specific professional jargon, and I have a choice between trying to figure it out or scrolling down to see if there are spoiler GIF's,
I usually scroll.
Sorry guys. Just had to get that off my chest.

Advertisement
If I'm reading a message board about sports and I see a 50 line single-spaced dissertation abundant in field-specific professional jargon, and I have a choice between trying to figure it out or scrolling down to see if there are spoiler GIF's,
I usually scroll.
This ^^^

I usually scroll.
You are not alone. Cribby, LCE, D$ anybody else over like 2 or 3 sentences I'm scrolling.

Look, you got in your feelings. I typed a TWO-WORD response to your comments on Alston, to which you came back with a lengthy cut/paste/bold response attempting to educate me on Alston.

Don't be mad. I'm not. I don't start fights, but I definitely end them.

Nothing personal.

View attachment 199752
I know I said I was done with this but I have to comment. It wasn’t about “schooling” you it was about stating there was a basis about my opinion, it wasn’t just off the wall.

PS, a discussion doesn’t have to be a fight.

Peace

It’s the same for first responders. Go follow a firefighter or police officer page on social media and watch how many “how to” comments pop up and none of them work in the field.
My fiancé is a cop so yeah man I have seen some **** you all go through

Especially the last year or two

Awful

Advertisement
I usually scroll.
Most of us clearly were never loved by our parents. For me it was a rite of passage being an immigrant can’t speak for everyone else though…

Advertisement
- Expect to see a lot of Crystal Balls flipping in the NIL era. Players have NIL agents, some of whom represent multiple targets at once, and these situations are even more fluid than in the past. The NIL agents are also the sources for many recruiting writers, which explains a lot of the back and forth. This is a big week for Miami and each battle is ongoing.

- The name I feel best about is LB Malik Bryant (Orlando). He wants to be in Miami. Not a done deal but we are in good shape. Edgerrin James is a mentor for Bryant and is involved in the recruitment.

- As I mentioned last week, Ohio State is making a major run at S Jayden Bonsu (Hillside, NJ). We felt good last week, probably closer to 50/50 now. My sources believe he is slightly leaning to Miami all things being equal but it is an ongoing process with multiple factors.

- We are still alive for OL Olaus Alinen (Finland). Last week, the word out of his camp was Miami. The tone has shifted to Alabama but the battle is raging and he is still engaged.

- Don't close the door on OL Payton Kirkland (Orlando). There is a lot of mutual interest. I continue to expect Tommy Kinsler (Ocala) in this class. The optimism at OL remains very strong.

- Miami continues to have positive conversations with WR Hykeem Williams (Stranahan). That's a battle and we have some momentum. At the same time, WR William Fowles (Dade Christian) is really picking up steam with every strong off-season performance. He has size, speed, plucks the ball and has a great attitude. I wonder if he's this years Santonio Holmes or TY Hilton- local guy who badly wants to be part of a big WR class. I expect our class to finish with 2/3 of Williams, Fowles and Andy Jean.

- My sources have never had a great feeling about S Joenel Aguero (Lynn, MA), but he is admittedly hard to read.

- RB Chris Johnson Jr. (Dillard) is leaning hard to the Canes but his dad wants him to go through the process, which is understandable. We need to keep the social media love going there. He is a huge target with big national programs in pursuit.

- Aside from the announcements, we are in a calm before the storm. Many folks are on vacation. The July 30th cookout will be huge in identifying the realistic targets for a close. That should kick off the next sprint of commitments.

- The Gators are feeling desperate with their class and making reckless, naive moves in South Florida. Many are skeptical of Florida's staff and their occasionally amateurish approach.

- I've mentioned these names before, but the smoke remains very real with '24 CB Desmond Ricks (IMG), WR JoJo Trader (Chaminade) and WR Jeremiah Smith (Chaminade). If we are able to lock them up early, we could be looking at a Big 3 that builds momentum for a #1 overall type class. All three of those guys are top 10 overall talents in their class, and another Top 10 player (LB TJ Capers) is from Cristobal's alma mater and has already been on campus multiple times.

- The internal buzz on Tyler Van Dyke is off the charts. He is insanely competitive and has been smoking people in offseason drills while letting them know about it. He is more vocal than QB D'Eriq King, who was a great leader in his own right. He's exactly the kind of tone setter we need in the Cristobal era. A source on the offensive side of the ball said that QB Jacurri Brown has "special gifts and the right mindset." The key for him, like many QBs with the gift of speed, is going through his progressions and taking easy completions on time.
Greatly appreciate the updates. TVD being a vocal leader and backing it up by kicking *** is phenomenal. Hope he kicks A&M's butt in September.

Advertisement
I usually scroll.
I should have paid more attention in class.

1658361388371.gif

1658361948785.gif

1658361987396.gif

1658362039314.gif

1658362214451.gif

1658362280305.gif

1658362344411.gif

1658362410601.gif

1658362508192.gif

Advertisement
Back