The Bank (7/12)

View as article
That list also includes:

Anthony Hill
Hykeem Williams
David Hicks
Cedric Baxter (if he picks UT early)

Along with Cormani..these are kids that if the product looks good in year 1 who will no doubt circle back and hear us out before December.
Ant Hill and Baxter. Please Lord🙏🏾

Advertisement
So let's say 4 of the 5 want in (I won't even go there if all 5 want in lol, but who knows with this momentum we have)

Who get's left out or do we take 7?

I'd say the number is 5, but there is a chance we take 6. I personally don't see 7, I could be wrong but for the sake of this argument, who gets left out?

Kirkland?
Kinsler?
Or the more obvious answer, Tinilau?
I wonder if Tinilau's academic situation takes a while to sort itself out, and the coaches set him up at a prep school. This allows for the 7 names (Francis, Samson, Tripp, Freeling, Kinsler, Kirkland, and Olaus) to sign while giving Tinilau another year to develop giving the coaches a shot to evaluate him during the 2022 and 2023 seasons while not eating up a spot in the 23 class.

Cupboard is worse than bare. Outside of Rivers we don't have anyone else that should be starting next year.
Hold up cway! Some of those guys haven't played yet, McLaughlin, seymore, Rodriguez, rivers(injuries), reed(injuries), clark cuz of gainer and injuries!

Hold up cway! Some of those guys haven't played yet, McLaughlin, seymore, Rodriguez, rivers(injuries), reed(injuries), clark cuz of gainer and injuries!
Most of those guys should never play. I see 1 name maybe 2 that would be recruited by current regime. The short arm tweaners are out under Mario.

Advertisement
Most of those guys should never play. I see 1 name maybe 2 that would be recruited by current regime. The short arm tweaners are out under Mario.
Yeah for way too long we’ve been sitting “hoping” the next guys up are any good

The way this class is shaping up there won’t be any questions

Yeah for way too long we’ve been sitting “hoping” the next guys up are any good

The way this class is shaping up there won’t be any questions
It's cool to take a project when you have 4 other blue chips. We've been recruiting 1 blue chip and 4 projects for too long.

Oh i agree! But, i see a lot of people saying we need attrition. If we do that then we looking at a two deep of talented ol but freshman and rs freshman would make up the rotation.

Oh i agree! But, i see a lot of people saying we need attrition. If we do that then we looking at a two deep of talented ol but freshman and rs freshman would make up the rotation.
I think another influx of portal lineman will come next off-season. Mario won't rely on all incoming freshmen day 1. We don't have good options for next year on the roster currently.

Advertisement
I think another influx of portal lineman will come next off-season. Mario won't rely on all incoming freshmen day 1. We don't have good options for next year on the roster currently.
Well, at least! the holdovers would be going on two off seasons with this staff. Maybe, that would help bridge the gap a lil bit in there competence.

The bank makes so much sense now @DMoney
568F1063-3C91-4913-88E9-1F42646DFD14.jpeg

Advertisement
Bro, our team is gonna be so freaking big. Even the LBs we recruiting, everybody 6'2. On the OL Tripp is 6'2 or 6'3 but he is a center and quickness is the most important thing to snap and move to double teams. Everybody else is 6'5 and taller. And legit height, no inflated stats. We are gonna look like NFL teams, like Bama and UGA. Will be nice to watch

Might have 10-12 guys that are 6'5" or taller in this class.

Last info I received was from a close woman friend of Kirklands Mom who said, she feels like both will be a package deal. Kirkland and Bryant are close friends, even though they're at separate schools.
This is what I was speaking on when I said PK was close to multiple highly rated kids and that alone makes him tough to pass on. He’s a good prospect on his own but mix that with a good relationship with other 4 stars makes it a no brainer

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is what I was speaking on when I said PK was close to multiple highly rated kids and that alone makes him tough to pass on. He’s a good prospect on his own but mix that with a good relationship with other 4 stars makes it a no braine.
But there is only one school they have in common. Is that a tell?

Bro that class was fine. Shannon need 2 more classes like that to address the other positions, and he should have kept recruiting QBs. Also the overall commitment was just not there. The staff had alot of unqualified coaches. Young guys who should have started elsewhere. It all goes hand in hand, not just bringing in players, but what you bringing them into and building a full roster for 70 players who can ball. One class is not enough

Not sure why you’re quoting me but yeah I’m well aware of the 08 class

I was laughing at this persons revisionist history

It was the fkn #1 class in the country and people were going as crazy then as they are now

When Arthur Brown committed to us the “we back” comments were there

But I think most Cane fans understand this like I said just poking fun at this other weirdo
It's not like that there weren't good players in that class. It's that the class was somehow incredibly large and still lacking at a lot of positions. Randy took 7 wide receivers and 6 linebackers. That's not counting guys who were classified as "athletes". He also took 3 quarterbacks and even two full backs. That's more than half the entire class at 4 positions.

He also took 1 OT and 1 OG. That's it. No other offensive linemen in a class of 32 kids. 1 CB. You can't expect to field a competent team with no linemen or corners and 7 wide receivers. This was also when we were still running a pro style system that rarely played more than 2 wide receivers at a time.

It's not like that there weren't good players in that class. It's that the class was somehow incredibly large and still lacking at a lot of positions. Randy took 7 wide receivers and 6 linebackers. That's not counting guys who were classified as "athletes". He also took 3 quarterbacks and even two full backs. That's more than half the entire class at 4 positions.

He also took 1 OT and 1 OG. That's it. No other offensive linemen in a class of 32 kids. 1 CB. You can't expect to field a competent team with no linemen or corners and 7 wide receivers. This was also when we were still running a pro style system that rarely played more than 2 wide receivers at a time.
Yeah like I was saying earlier we look back and we got caught up. It was very top heavy, however it was still an exciting time to be us

He was quite literally locking down our back yard. I’m still shocked Forston wasn’t dominant here

But recruiting has come a long way in 15 years also

Advertisement
Back