The Bank (6/8)

View as article
Gabster on Elija Lofton.

“I know we hoped that the Top247 tight end out of Bishop Gorman would shut it down this weekend, but I’m of the understanding that he’s going to follow through with his Texas visit next weekend. There’s less than 10 hours left in his Miami visit with an evening flight back home tonight. As I mentioned on Thursday, Lofton on a different timeline than the rest.”

Not great, Bob.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Its a battle with UF for Amir Jackson, if we can win that one. I would just take KJ Duff as the other TE, just for numbers sake. This guy seem to like Texas and Odom likely going to Bama.

To be honest here, I couldn’t care less.

I know he’s a big target for the staff, but what the **** is Miami really going to do with a 6’2, 220lb TE?
Couldn't agree more. We don't need another Larry Hodges or Brantley (although I loved Brantley he was all Cane and don't think he got enough opportunities). We're recruiting some freaks across the board and this one never made any sense to me from the beginning.

Advertisement
6'2 220 imo projects to a H-back type. Could split out as a WR too, especially if possessing + speed. If he doesn't grow, depending on arm length it's hard to envision an in-line TE, but still could give OC options to diversify looks.

Ghandi in here on page 8 like...

AnyBlankCoelacanth-size_restricted.gif

That’s great.

Let him go do that at the G5 level.

You don’t win with statistical outliers anymore.
Just figured we need someone to do the dirty work at TE while we have guys like Skinner & Riley flexed out wide. We don't have Brantley anymore

Advertisement
Oh man Mobile been wild but since Katrina it's gotten worse. Drug dealing has made it where people killing folks grandparents, its crazy all over Alabama
Yeah Birmingham and Mobile routinely make “top 5 most dangerous cities” lists

Just figured we need someone to do the dirty work at TE while we have guys like Skinner & Riley flexed out wide. We don't have Brantley anymore
I feel like those types are easy to get for blocking. We just got one that's been in college 10 years almost. It's the athletes that we need to keep stock piled, which is why it would hurt if we lost Odom.

Oh man Mobile been wild but since Katrina it's gotten worse. Drug dealing has made it where people killing folks grandparents, its crazy all over Alabama
I knew a big time player, now coach, that grew up in the hood there way b4 Katrina. His stories of his childhood literally have made many grown men cry. Agree, it might be worse now, but where he's from, it's been rough for a while.

Advertisement
Back