The Bank (6/1)

View as article
Advertisement
No one, not Addae, not Cristobal, not Highsmith can sell me on recruiting all these underrated DBs. I seen the ones who become special, they are 80, 90% always the best athletes. Its not hard to figure out who are the best athletes. Why wasn't Addae going after these players when he was at UGA? If we are struggling to get highly rated DBs dont take class fillers. Go after people in the portal.

I leave them to their vices on the OL and somewhat DL. DBs and WRs are not hard to scout, even RBs.

Also u can sell me a lowly rated skill position player that has great speed and athleticism. I saw none of that on his film. Walked down on the pick. No
Looking at the PFF top 13 NFL cornerbacks, 6 were 3 stars and 2 were 2 stars including Sauce who was #1.

What makes you think Miami will develop anyone. Theyre barely even able to win half their games year in and year out. Terrible product on the field every season... Who has Miami truly developed in the last 10 plus years?

You must be a troll, a hater, or not aware of Miami at all. Miami has been bad for years, but has developed players better than most programs in the country. Rousseau was a skinny WR/S who ended up being a first round DE. Zion Nelson, was a 2 star TE who moved to T at 245 and now has first round buzz. Every player in the nfl from Miami can have their own story along with this message.

DBF98864-4A52-45A2-9011-6A68594962B4.jpeg

I don’t think a possible lower NIL budget is the only factor. Other teams catching up on NIL combined with the usual fickleness of recruits is surely contributing to all the “misses”.
No doubt there’s other factors but NIL is a big one. When other teams catch up that means the market prices aren’t what they were last year. It’s like trying to buy a house in 2021 expecting to pay 2020 prices. You can sit around saying you’re making good offers but it’s irrelevant.

You can either up your budget, reduce expectations or stay living in moms basement. In our case after last season, we’re trying to buy with ****** credit and very little down payment so we’re going to have to suck it up, pay the higher interest rate until we fix our finances and refinance in a couple of years.

Advertisement
I think there are many people here missing something very important. We sucked big time last year in my humble opinion it was the worst season of the 40 years I've experienced here. Guys don't get the correlation this program has been maligned for almost 2 decades and last year was a total disaster. When you have money ( like many universities have) and the ability to point out to the recruit how bad we are it's easier to recruit. The pressure is on Mario for sure. Stop blaming other coaches so much. Mario hired these people and was the head coach last year. It's on him making 8 million a years for what?
you make logical points. But what about the flip side of that? Half the roster was turned over and the entire staff was replaced. The offensive and defensive schemes should fit better with the personnel. Surely that's a sales point... The team sucked so something was done to remedy that...

No doubt there’s other factors but NIL is a big one. When other teams catch up that means the market prices aren’t what they were last year. It’s like trying to buy a house in 2021 expecting to pay 2020 prices. You can sit around saying you’re making good offers but it’s irrelevant.

You can either up your budget, reduce expectations or stay living in moms basement. In our case after last season, we’re trying to buy with ****** credit and very little down payment so we’re going to have to suck it up, pay the higher interest rate until we fix our finances and refinance in a couple of years.
Great analogy. No doubt NIL is playing a significant role in our recruiting class. Without real $$$ #’s revealed, it’s difficult at best to determine just how much.

you make logical points. But what about the flip side of that? Half the roster was turned over and the entire staff was replaced. The offensive and defensive schemes should fit better with the personnel. Surely that's a sales point... The team sucked so something was done to remedy that...

No plural needed. It is the same point he regurgitates over and over and over again. Mario sucks and so we shouldn't expect anyone, except/until somehow we win 9+ games next season which should be the bare minimum (to be clear, he does not actually believe this, but he does want to set a high "expectation" to **** on Mario when he "falls short" next season). Dude is a broken record (below is just from page 1 of his recent posts).

Advertisement
Advertisement
You must be a troll, a hater, or not aware of Miami at all. Miami has been bad for years, but has developed players better than most programs in the country. Rousseau was a skinny WR/S who ended up being a first round DE. Zion Nelson, was a 2 star TE who moved to T at 245 and now has first round buzz. Every player in the nfl from Miami can have their own story along with this message.

View attachment 249268
🤣 not a troll at all. Been a fan since I was a kid. Just sick of the pathetic product on the field and not drinking the Kool aid like half the fan base does year in and year out. Ready to see a real change and for them to actually compete at the level they want to, cant be stacking this many projects...If miami was so good at developing their talent lately, then the product on the field would have been much better

Advertisement

View attachment 249268

Lolllllllllllll. The mental gymnastics on this board, I swear.

How you could look at the product on the field and W/L column for 20 years and actually believe we develop players is simply comical.

I also don’t see how this comports with the narrative that the players were the cause of 5-7 last year, considering we are top tier at developing players since 2012, according to your graphic.

No plural needed. It is the same point he regurgitates over and over and over again. Mario sucks and so we shouldn't expect anyone, except/until somehow we win 9+ games next season which should be the bare minimum (to be clear, he does not actually believe this, but he does want to set a high "expectation" to **** on Mario when he "falls short" next season). Dude is a broken record (below is just from page 1 of his recent posts).

Call Out The Morning Show GIF by Apple TV+

Advertisement
Back