The Bank (5/3)

View as article
Miami coaches jumped to fix the OL first and foremost.

This year is about fixing the DL. Miami has too many non-pro body types at DT and wants to focus on that this cycle for freshman, while hitting portal as well.

I do like the fact that the coaches are not interested in a country club. Finding competition everywhere seems to be the mission.

Have to close on it and not just talk a good game, but I’m liking what I’m hearing from a program-building standpoint.
Why does he keep bringing in “ non pro “ types on DL ( Gore, Lichtenstein, Deen (even tho he’s good) if that’s what he wants?

Advertisement

This year is about fixing the DL. Miami has too many non-pro body types at DT and wants to focus on that this cycle for freshman, while hitting portal as well.

I do like the fact that the coaches are not interested in a country club. Finding competition everywhere seems to be the mission.

Have to close on it and not just talk a good game, but I’m liking what I’m hearing from a program-building standpoint.

Good stuff. I know DT is a position of need, but I'd argue that DE is a big time need as well. You can argue that we'll lose our entire 2 deep at DE (except for Kelly) after this coming year. Beyond that, Moss is at least 1-2 years away and it remains to be seen what kind of DE Bain and Wayne can be. Maybe not as big of a need as DT, but we need 2-3 DE studs in this class, imo.

Is he slow? Yes, he is a bigger kid but is he slow? If he survived and excelled outside in the SEC as a FR, I say keep him there. Obviously that’s JMO but Guidry runs a lot of C4 and C3, that type of length covering downfield is what we need. He doesn’t have to be a sub 10 100 guy at 6’2. Again, JMO.
Don’t bother bro. All you have to tell anybody trying to move him anywhere is to go watch the UF game and how they almost lost because they decided it was a good idea to throw it to his assignment.

Advertisement
Good stuff. I know DT is a position of need, but I'd argue that DE is a big time need as well. You can argue that we'll lose our entire 2 deep at DE (except for Kelly) after this coming year. Beyond that, Moss is at least 1-2 years away and it remains to be seen what kind of DE Bain and Wayne can be. Maybe not as big of a need as DT, but we need 2-3 DE studs in this class, imo.
They are recruiting big time DE too but we already have a lot of young talent there and we don’t have that at DT

Advertisement
Anybody moving Richard to safety might as well admit they’ve never seen him play. Vandy literally moved him from safety to CB because of his cover skills like we did with Rique.

Cribby has already said that Roberts is the one getting burn at safety.
Jaden Harris is the name to watch at safety. Miami likes his speed, physicality and mindset but his weakness is man coverage. We saw that in his limited playing time this year.

They agree. Under this staff, OL/DL will be a priority every single year.

From what I’m told, they’re fairly obsessed with the SEC advantage being on OL/DL in terms of size and believe that’s the path to competing on the national level.

scorpion-mortal-kombat-animated-gif-17.gif

Advertisement
Jaden Harris is the name to watch at safety. Miami likes his speed, physicality and mindset but his weakness is man coverage. We saw that in his limited playing time this year.
I feel like Jaden is the perfect star. I was really impressed with his physicality and tackling in the spring game. He’s got athletic traits to play over the field.

This is how targeted NIL spending and recruiting should be. I’m convinced that Mario is trying to build for the next 8 years, not 2. Think of it like building a house. If you want the house to stand a long time you start with the foundation; Oline and Dline. Last year the big money and recruting time went ot Oline. That was step 1. This year the big money and time will go to Dline. Step 2.
I will bet anyone that once Mario feels he has replenished the numbers on the lines he will continue to go for the big names, but UM will start spending more NIL money and recruiting time on skill positions, including QB.
But there is literally no point in paying 5 star NIL QB money, or even RB/WR money until the Oline exists to give them time or create running holes.

This requires patience, and planning from coaches, admin and fans. But that must be what Mario told them UM people before he took the job.
This is a different approach than FSU and even USC have taken. And if it works, this approach will create sustainable success at the highest level.

Right now the results on the field are not good, and won’t be UM standard for another 1-2 seasons. But if/when the breakthrough happens (nothing in life is guaranteed except death and taxes), it will look like 2000. Right now we are 1997/98. Lose to some mediocre teams, get destroyed by FSU and V-Tech By 1999 a true freshman QB came in for an injured Kenny Kelly and we won the Gator Bowl. By 2000 we were a few points and a stupid system from whopping Oklahoma.

Advertisement
Nah, those idiots are going to keep chirping.
He can shut the **** up with that. No one’s saying Mario can’t recruit the trenches. Mario can’t pay a WR right now and that’s a fact yet that poster is showing up in different threads and taking these shots at “people” like we’re making a broader issue and then he’s dipping. I hate posters who take those kind of blanket hit and run bull**** shots on repeat at the board. Worthless

He can shut the **** up with that. No one’s saying Mario can’t recruit the trenches. Mario can’t pay a WR right now yet and that’s a fact yet that poster is showing up in different threads and taking these shots like we’re making a broader issue and then dipping. I hate posters who do take those kind of blanket hit and run bull**** shots at the board. Worthless
You say that but its literally not true. What's Chance?

Advertisement
Back