The Bank (5/3)

Advertisement
No offense to you, but overall class and OL recruiting doesn't have a got **** thing to do with DT recruiting! Telling me things I already know don't matter either. You want to be big time along the fronts, then address both of them properly. After all, you are only getting paid $8M a year.
Yes the issues are connected because every school has an NIL budget. Last year the bulk of the NIL budget was spent on Oline recruits, which left less money for some other positions, including DLine. This year we will be spending a lesser percentage on Oline thereby leaving a greater percentage of the NIL budget for Dline. As I wrote earlier, expect this to change from year to year depending on what the staff identifies as the most important positions of need.

But back to my original point. UM, like every university, has an NIL budget that is not unlimited. Therefore choices have to be made., Stop thinking of this as a football team and think of this as what it really is, a corporation. Corporations have budgets and priorities. And sometimes the CEO has to make tough choices as to what the priority is in a given year.

The more powerful recruiting tool today in college sports is NIL. Plain and simple. Kids will follow the money, with some exceptions for; coaching preferences, geography, depth charts, etc.. But those are exceptions and not the rule. The rule is NIL. So when UM prioritizes its NIL budget to obtaining the (2) best offensive tackles, it does so at the expense of another position.

I’m not telling you to be happy that UM has an NIL budget, or how much money the Mario makes, or how much money any CEO makes. But everything I am telling you is reality.

Bro. First, he hasn't committed. Second, he's been a bust for Ole Miss, so this is a reclamation project. He's a former top 100 player they got very little out of - 108 snaps over two seasons (go ahead everyone, you have my blessings to boo and hiss at me for pointing out facts).
However we're so thin at DT that Cristobal has to roll the dice based on his athleticism. He's a high risk high reward player. If he is motivated enough , he can be a monster. If not, he'll be back where he was with Ole Miss. I don't think there's an in between. Given his ceiling, I'm good with the offer, but let's not act as if Cristobal has suddenly learned how to get elite QBs and WRs to transfer to UM.
I have a hard time calling a redshirt FR a bust to be honest. I havent read Ole Miss fans opinion to tell what the issue was there. Either way most of what u said is correct but also incomplete imo. I dont think these issues are permanent, Cristobal made it harder by hiring Gattis, simple as, and now Dawson has to undo it on the field. Like i said Cristobal had no issues recruiting WRs or QBs at Oregon, even after so called destroying Herbert.

As for the portal there are many average WRs in it and it seems people want us to just take one to say we got 1, i disagree with that.

Advertisement
I havent read Ole Miss fans opinion to tell what the issue was there

The criticism, unfair as it may be, is he isn't committed to playing football. He is a two sport athlete and they say he spends too much time with the baseball team.

Kiffin: “We’re just taking what we can get, which isn’t a whole lot.”

The criticism, unfair as it may be, is he isn't committed to playing football. He is a two sport athlete and they say he spends too much time with the baseball team.

All good w/ Lane until he sticks with 2 sports...

“The baseball staff was unbelievable in the recruitment,” Kiffin said. “That’s unusual because a lot of times he’s seen as a football player and he plays some baseball, but coach (Bianco) and his assistants did an unbelievable job. I got on our assistants because I think theirs did a better job than ours did at times. But it was a group effort. I think one of the Zooms with him we had, like, 28 people on it. A lot of credit to a lot of people.”

Yep. Which is why when his name first emerged I said the kid is going to have to drop baseball if he wants to take the next step, absolutely necessary. He has the physical talent to make some good $ uf he focuses, hope he realizes this.

All good w/ Lane until he sticks with 2 sports...

“The baseball staff was unbelievable in the recruitment,” Kiffin said. “That’s unusual because a lot of times he’s seen as a football player and he plays some baseball, but coach (Bianco) and his assistants did an unbelievable job. I got on our assistants because I think theirs did a better job than ours did at times. But it was a group effort. I think one of the Zooms with him we had, like, 28 people on it. A lot of credit to a lot of people.”

The game is the game, lol.

Advertisement
Oh yay, the Mario slurper attack hyena’s are out in force going after anyone speaking truth.

**** every one of you. Did any one of you learn from the last 4 or so coaches that you’re actually a better fan for being honest?

Nope. You ****ers aren’t going to bully people speaking truth like you did before. There’s a big difference between speaking honest truth with good intention and being a **** on everything miserable ****.

If you slurpers start going after people for speaking honest facts and opinion that doesn’t jive with your fairytale dreams I’m going to hound, haunt and hunt you like Freddy Kruger.
So wat do we do with people who is spitting there opinions as facts or truths? People who defend Mario and people who "so called speak truths" what's the difference?

I hope he plays only football if he comes here. U have to work on your skill in the offseason, not be playing baseball.

So wat do we do with people who is spitting there opinions as facts or truths? People who defend Mario and people who "so called speak truths" what's the difference?
They can all speak their well-intentioned opinions like humans without trying to intimidate and abuse people for it. From what I’ve seen, you have some mopes who are really just being honest and telling the hard truth like realists and then you have a smaller group who are just miserable and hate everything. Then you have some slurpers who attack people for having a non-positive opinion, including the realists. The **** on everything mopes and bully Slurpers can kick rocks

They can all speak their well-intentioned opinions like humans without trying to intimidate and abuse people for it. From what I’ve seen, you have some mopes who are really just being honest and telling the hard truth like realists and then you have a smaller group who are just miserable and hate everything. Then you have some slurpers who attack people for having a non-positive opinion, including the realists. The **** on everything mopes and bully Slurpers can kick rocks
Gotcha! I'm trying to figure out which one of those I fit in!

Advertisement
That works for me! I'm all about the program.
but, I'm a realist I know when we're going to be bad.
I think he’ll resolve the WR and QB issues with Dawson showing out on the field. In the meantime, he’s loading up the trenches. If I can’t have all right now, I’ll definitely take loading up elite players on the lines of scrimmage. We haven’t done that in ages and that will win games. He can hit on some WRs along the way who are adequate in the meantime easier than the trenches.

Advertisement
I think he’ll resolve the WR and QB issues with Dawson showing out on the field. In the meantime, he’s loading up the trenches. If I can’t have all right now, I’ll definitely take loading up elite players on the lines of scrimmage.
That's the thing though! We've had ok offenses despite our o-line being horrible I think if we get just ok o-line play we could do some damage.

Not necessarily these days
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Advertisement
Back