The Bank (3/18)

Best news is our LB class is gonna be amazing

Feels like they're shoring up the entire backfield, LBs and DBs. Hopefully a couple can come in and have Bain/Mauigoa-level impact as true freshmen., or at least Brown/Fletcher-level.

Advertisement
anyone who doesn't understand why Miami wants to be aggressive at RB in the portal should go listen to the newest Inside the U podcast where they judge each position group because Lake and Gaby explain at length that Miami's coaching staff views its RB room as not being at a championship level. we do not have a dynamic, day 1 or day 2 type NFL running back on the roster. Parrish, Allen are fine; the young guys are fast but small and not mega recruits; Citizen is a major question mark.

Fletcher is a good RB. but at Georgia, Ohio State, Bama, Texas, Oklahoma etc he's just one of the guys. compare Trey Benson's size and athleticism to every RB on our roster. Miami now has a coaching staff that holds every position group to that standard but our fans are still used to overrating our own players. back before the Alabama game to open the 2021 season there were plenty of people on CIS arguing that Miami indisputably had one of the best and deepest RB rooms in the country because we had Cam'ron Harris, Jaylan Knighton, Don Chaney, Thad Franklin, and Cody Brown. I have a lot of criticisms of Mario, but he looked at practically all of those guys and was like... NEXT
Beautifully said.

We've had 1 RB (Duke Johnson) drafted on Day 1 & 2 in the last 20 years.

Day 3 guys (at any position) are nice. 7-9 wins a year is a nice record. But Day 1 & 2 guys move the needle.

Mario knows we need more dynamic playmakers at RB and that's why he's been aggressive nationally vs only just taking the best from So FL every year - which hasn't been working for the last 10 years.

Running backs don’t matter that much, QB & WR’s do. Our RB’s are fine. None are NFL guys tho
With Parrish entering the portal, Fletcher surgery and Citizen coming back we are extremely thin at RB. The other guys are small and or freshmans. I don't see MC going into the season with a room like that. One portal RB for sure and maybe even 2. They need to break the bank on it.

Advertisement
yup want to see him fill out in an s&c see how it goes.

He has natural running talent.

Want to see what the coache scan bring out of these guys but i believe in the new group his upside is the highesty
@gogeta4 I'm sure you've seen him in person, so what's his speed look like? I didn't really see that breakaway speed in his highlights.

Advertisement
They really didn't though, because he's not any good. They got the most money they could possibly get. It worked out for them and us.
Fair enough. I would say some NIL money at 18 is cute but is nothing compared to choosing the right college, maturing, being developed into an NFL player and hopefully one day signing that life changing second contract.

A little concerning they spotted these red flags during Cormani’s recruitment yet continued to pursue him like the Wile E pursued the Road Runner even after they fell off the cliff on ESD
The thing is, some of this is expected. I don't want to be glib, but we are oftentimes dealing with families at the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum. You have to deal with immaturity and drama, particularly when NIL is now added in the mix. I think a lot of coaches assume they have to deal with some of this, but you stack talent and hope kids mature quick. Obviously, in this situation, we dodged a bullet. In other instances (N'Kosi) kids mature and grow up. You just have to hope you win more of these gambles than you lose.

Advertisement
You think Lyle is going for 1,500 yds 5.7 ypc 15 TD's as a true freshman like Quinshon Judkins did?
Yea if he was coached by Lane the gawd and not....

Its not like Ohio State recruited one of them as a priority hs recruit and had committed...b4 the loafers came out.

I like Judkins hes a beast. Apparently an *** hole...cause he got kicked off his team basically.....but I believe Jordan Lyle has that kind of upside...he doesnt have Judkins quick burst right now.. We will be rb by committee as long as MC is here so i dont ever expect those type of stats.

Last edited:
@gogeta4 I'm sure you've seen him in person, so what's his speed look like? I didn't really see that breakaway speed in his highlights.
He has adequate speed. I never really saw him hawked in. I think his speed is likely in between the deejay dallas- travis homer level....Which would range from 4.48 - 4.58 in my opinion

Yea if he was coached by Lane the gawd and not....

Its not like Ohio State recruited one of them as a priority hs recruit and had committed...b4 the loafers came out.

I like Judkins hes a beast. Apparently an *** hole...cause he got kicked off his team basically.....but I believe Jordan Lyle has that kind of upside...he doesnt have Judkins quick burst right now.. We will be rb by committee as long as MC is here so i dont ever expect those type of stats.

Kiffin didn't make much of a difference for Henry Parrish. His stats were pretty similar at Ole Miss as they were at Miami.

1710886659855.png

Attachments

• 1710886567462.png
    1710886567462.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back