The Bank (3/18)

Advertisement
If we're looking to add another 3 or 4 portals after spring we will have to cut 10-12+ and if these 2 are not going then I have no idea how we make room.
Spring cuts are inevitable across the country. Won’t be hard to trim the roster. If your a 3rd-4th year player and you not in the 2 deep..you got a target on your back to be advised to portal out. Guy like Micheal Redding comes to mind.

Advertisement
for sure. Mario took Henry Parrish and started him for practically two years despite never recruiting any RB as small/slow as Henry Parrish. it is what it is.

I'm just explaining that unlike some of our fans, the staff isn't deluding themselves into thinking that the RB room can't or shouldn't be improved upon. even if they don't end up getting anyone in the portal they are focusing on leveling up the talent in that room in a real way, because they know it's not where it needs to be at.
I’m with you. The RB room is solid. I like Fletcher quite a bit and I’m a big fan of Lyle coming in, but there weren’t a ton of elite backs in the 2024 class.

I love hearing that we want to be aggressive in the portal though. You never know who could be a free agent after the dust settled

Lets Go GIF

Advertisement
I mean what are the chances of bringing in an elite RB during the spring portal? Seems like a pipe dream
Doesn't even have to be elite. I'm not convinced we even have a cam harris, DeeJay dallas or travis Homer on the roster available for next year. I know some people talk bad about mark walton but I'm pretty sure he would start as well on this roster.

Advertisement
Amir Hall (Reese Poffenbarger's teammate) is available.

Tre'shon Devones is also available.

But otherwise, they could either back-channel a Corner somewhere or just wait to see who hits the Spring Portal.

But it's kinda funny they're looking for one now, especially considering there was a sh*t ton of CB's who were in the Winter Portal who fit the exact criteria they were looking for. I wonder what the hold up was? 🤔🧐...

But otherwise, they could either back-channel a Corner somewhere or just wait to see who hits the Spring Portal.

But it's kinda funny they're looking for one now, especially considering there was a sh*t ton of CB's who were in the Winter Portal who fit the exact criteria they were looking for. I wonder what the hold up was? 🤔🧐...
Now that Action Jackson is here coaching CBs it appears as if the entire staff is on the same page. Very excited to see how our DB recruiting especially CB takes off. I'm confident we will find at least 1 stud CB in the portal although I would prefer 2. 1 starting CB 1 stud Safety, a #1 WR, a stud RB and a starting caliber DT and we are good.

Advertisement
"- The following are a few players to keep an eye on in the next few weeks: CB Chris Ewald (Chaminade), RB Girard Pringle (Armwood), DT Floyd Boucard (Central), WR Tyler Williams (Sumner), OL Taren Hedrick (Community School of Naples) and Tylon Lee (Pace, FL)."

Just watched film on Ewald, Hedrick and Lee for the first time...

All I can say is, wow...all six are tremendous football players. That would be an incredible core to start with.

The worst position group on the team is defensive backs, and Miami is turning down defensive backs in the portal? That does not make sense

Needed Addae out and Chevis in. Same thing that screwed us last year in the early portal period. Coaching turnover.

Advertisement
Back