The Bank (2/17) (team)

View as article
Advertisement
Do we know if the coaches already have plans to move Rivers to guard?

Yes. Mauigoa is going to strong safety, too. The way you win is you take all your really good kids who had excellent production at certain spots and then you move them to a different position because, hey, why the **** not? I personally don’t like the Restrepo to tight end move but we do need to get them more involved, so I see where they’re coming from.

Yes. Mauigoa is going to strong safety, too. The way you win is you take all your really good kids who had excellent production at certain spots and then you move them to a different position because, hey, why the **** not? I personally don’t like the Restrepo to tight end move but we do need to get them more involved, so I see where they’re coming from.
Omg that was hilarious. I’m dying laughing right now. That is one of the funniest jokes I’ve heard in a while.

A lot of scouts have said that he’d be better at guard at the NFL, and considering we have an open spot available, it could be a good fit. Also if Bell and Samson develop the way we think they can, I would argue their ceiling is way higher than Rivers.

Omg that was hilarious. I’m dying laughing right now. That is one of the funniest jokes I’ve heard in a while.

A lot of scouts have said that he’d be better at guard at the NFL, and considering we have an open spot available, it could be a good fit. Also if Bell and Samson develop the way we think they can, I would argue their ceiling is way higher than Rivers.

While I do think putting a kid who has never played and is coming off an ACL tear or a Juco transfer at your most important spot on the line to protect your franchise QB’s blindspot seems very enticing, I oftentimes am accused of thinking way outside the box, so for me, I’m just gonna go ahead and put a kid there who has already proven he’s excellent at it and see how it turns out.

While I do think putting a kid who has never played and is coming off an ACL tear or a Juco transfer at your most important spot on the line to protect your franchise QB’s blindspot seems very enticing, I oftentimes am accused of thinking way outside the box, so for me, I’m just gonna go ahead and put a kid there who has already proven he’s excellent at it and see how it turns out.
That’s why they practice buddy. Samson has come along way from his ACL, and will be ready to roll. Bell is probably the biggest lineman on the team, and the coaches will have no problem developing him. Personally, Rivers best shot at making the pros is getting moved inside. If Bell and Samson play like the way we expect them too, coaches will 100% consider moving Rivers inside. As I said, the ceiling for those two is significantly higher. If they don't, then Rivers obviously stays inside and we hope McCoy and Kinsler can be solid enough. I guarantee you Rivers gets snaps at guard this spring. But keep using your “I’m smarting than everyone else because I spend 12 hours a day on this website” attitude. Everyone loves it

Last edited:
Advertisement
Everyone on here says coaches would be nuts to move Rivers inside given he played LT so well last season. I think we need to wait and see how all the pieces fall into place.

Rivers at LT is totally fine by me, I'm not saying move him. But Samson, McCoy, Kinsler and Bell are all going to have a say in where everyone ends up playing. We have 5 super high quality dudes for 2 starting spots, and Rivers is going to play at one of those two. It's just a question of which one.

Donno’s guy yesterday said he saw Fletcher in a full boot using a foot cart to keep all pressure off it. He also said is was Lisfranc and there’s no timeline essentially. What I don’t get is why Fletcher is still 100% no weight unless he only went through surgery in January. And if that’s the case, why the delay?

Also said that Citizen goes through all the workouts but wears a super strength brace, possibly because he’s still scared to re-injure it. But the result is that no one knows if he’s fully recovered his speed, burst and footwork.

Meanwhile we let Chaney transfer out.

I’m truly scratching my head here and praying for the best.
They were after a bigger size transfer portal back a min ago n got beat out by Louisville.

I think they may be will evaluate in spring and go after one again

You dudes just sprout this move Rivers to Guard thing just because yall want Samson to start regardless if Rivers is currently better than him at Tackle. Just be foreal yall dont come out n say it but yall afraid he will transfer thats the sole reason yall want to move Rivers so bad.

Luis Cristobal could be better than Samson right now and yall wont give a ****. lol

So assuming the rotation with Fletcher out includes a battle between Parrish, CJ, Citizen, Allen, CWH and Lyle…

I would expect the Spring to be a tryout of sorts. Wouldn’t be surprised if 2 guys hit the portal. Parrish is a fine back but he has a ceiling imo, and that ceiling isn’t in the category of a game-changing RB. Like Memnon, I’ve been screaming for CJ to get more touches because no one in the backfield is as explosive as he is with the ball in his hands. We’ve been missing a RB with that burst for quite some time, so hopefully he can show out in the spring.

Otherwise, we might be looking at a Spring portal RB addition. I get it’s an already crowded room, but with this OL and QB, RB shouldn’t be a question mark heading into 2024. We need a sure thing, or as close to a sure thing as we can possibly obtain heading into the Swamp.
What we desperately need if for Citizen to show that he is on his way back. He needs to flash this spring. All I ask is that Citizen flashes the traits that made him one of the most sought after RBs in the nation in 2022. From what I understand, he is 100% in terms of the physical aspect. This spring is the perfect opportunity for Citizen to work his way back into football shape. The thing that is holding him back right now is the mental aspect which is understandable given the severity of his injury. Right now the young man is most likely unsure of himself or more specifically unsure of his knee. He will likely run very tentatively at first which again is very understandable given the circumstances.

This is where Coach Merritt will earn his salary. Merritt needs to get Citizen to just let it rip(no pun intended) and just play but that won't happen overnight. I'm confident that Citizen will get through this and be a contributer this year at RB. I think that's all we can realistically expect is for him to be a decent to solid contributer and part of the rotation. If Citizen can give us 500 yards this season and stay healthy as he continues to get stronger and more comfortable then I will be ecstatic! This will also set us up for a two headed bash brothers type of scenario in 2025 with Fletcher and Citizen(with Lyle backing them up) doing the bashing while CJ and Hellcat bring the fastballs.

Advertisement
They were after a bigger size transfer portal back a min ago n got beat out by Louisville.

I think they may be will evaluate in spring and go after one again
I'm actually excited about the evaluation process this spring. We already know what Parrish can do, but guys like Allen and CJ2 should get lots of reps with the 1's and 2's.

Citizen and Fletcher are our two biggest backs, so the hope is at least one of them is 100% by fall. The guy I feel can contribute from the start is Lyle and he'll be here in the summer. Watching his highlights, his running style reminds me of a bigger Mark Walton. Seems to have a very good low center of gravity as he nears contact and has good balance and vision in the hole to change directions.

You dudes just sprout this move Rivers to Guard thing just because yall want Samson to start regardless if Rivers is currently better than him at Tackle. Just be foreal yall dont come out n say it but yall afraid he will transfer thats the sole reason yall want to move Rivers so bad.

Luis Cristobal could be better than Samson right now and yall wont give a ****. lol

I genuinely don’t. I think we have a potentially dominant OL and we need to find the most cohesive unit. I’m not sure why you guys worry where Rivers starts if he’s crushing it.

It’s funny to me that a number of the same people (not aimed at you Geta) saying JW should have been a LB all along are saying to never consider moving Rivers to OG. You do what’s best for the team for sure. But you also want to put a kid at his most natural position if the team is better for it.

Again I’m not saying moving him to OG is the best call, just that it’s worth experimenting with different combinations right now to see what is.

Last edited:

Samsons ceiling is significantly higher than Rivers. Samson is making great progress in his recovery, so it’s not crazy to say he’ll take over as LT when he’s ready. Also, Bell is the biggest lineman on the team, and could easily make an impact quickly. I would argue Bells ceiling is higher as well.

Scouts have told Rivers he’d be a better guard at the next level. If Bell and Samson get to where we expect them to be, the coaches could very well move Rivers over to guard. IMO, I think it’s his best shot at making the pros. Also, there is a wide open guard spot right now. We have spring practice for this exact reason lmfao. This is what happens when you bring in good talent. Rivers has great experience, but these younger guys just have higher ceilings

Last edited:

Exactly. Samson came in raw with elite tools. But we have an All ACC caliber LT returning. The big reason why folks are pushing this is because they don’t want the kid to transfer. Just say that lol.

Bottomline, the position groups are starting to look the way it should. Only spot that needs to be really be addressed is the DB group

Advertisement

Dude, not dudes.

1709132676365.png

Exactly. Samson came in raw with elite tools. But we have an All ACC caliber LT returning. The big reason why folks are pushing this is because they don’t want the kid to transfer. Just say that lol.

Bottomline, the position groups are starting to look the way it should. Only spot that needs to be really be addressed is the DB group
Bro what are you talking about? That isn’t why we think Rivers will eventually get moved inside. First off, Samson potential is significantly higher than Rivers. When he gets to 100%, he’ll start to take Rivers snaps and push him out. Also, scouts believe Rivers best chance at the NFL is at guard. So a shift over to guard down the road isn’t that crazy. You guys are the same people that crucified our coaches cause scouts have said that Williams will be better at LB. Same scenario here

Bro what are you talking about? That isn’t why we think Rivers will eventually get moved inside. First off, Samson potential is significantly higher than Rivers. When he gets to 100%, he’ll start to take Rivers snaps and push him out. Also, scouts believe Rivers best chance at the NFL is at guard. So a shift over to guard down the road isn’t that crazy. You guys are the same people that crucified our coaches cause scouts have said that Williams will be better at LB. Same scenario here
Except Williams wanted to play safety.

Advertisement
Let me guess. You’re about to tell me that you know the Rivers family and they told you that he wanted to play at tackle.
I didn't say anything about Rivers. I said Williams wanted to play safety.

“He will play boundary safety for us most of the time, but when offenses go to big personnel looks, he will play some outside linebacker for us and we can blitz him off the edge and those things with him,” Guidry said. “I told him you want to put as much stuff on film as you can and if you play multiple positions, it will help. He has bought into that.

If we’re moving anyone to LG it needs to be Francis. Rivers can hold down LT and let Samson, McCoy, Bell, etc battle out for RT

Advertisement
Back