The Bank (2/17) (team)

View as article
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
Yeah. this!👆!

Advertisement
If we’re moving anyone to LG it needs to be Francis. Rivers can hold down LT and let Samson, McCoy, Bell, etc battle out for RT
This. Francis was great for a freshman last year but he was our weakest lineman. Rivers was a better LT than Francis was at RT. I’m sure now that he’s got some more experience, he’ll be much better but just going off what we’ve seen from last year, Rivers is a better player right now.

Francis is out for the Spring so it’s going to be a lot of mixing anyway. For Rivers to move to Guard, someone will have to be playing at an ELITE ELITE level at LT.

Bro what are you talking about? That isn’t why we think Rivers will eventually get moved inside. First off, Samson potential is significantly higher than Rivers. When he gets to 100%, he’ll start to take Rivers snaps and push him out. Also, scouts believe Rivers best chance at the NFL is at guard. So a shift over to guard down the road isn’t that crazy. You guys are the same people that crucified our coaches cause scouts have said that Williams will be better at LB. Same scenario here
Rivers is the best LT on THIS **** roster. His future in the NFL may be inside.

Advertisement
Spring practice is two weeks away, but Miami is hard at work with the 2024 team and the Class of 2025. I posted some news on recruiting here. Some quick hitters on off-season workouts for the weekend:

- The staff doesn't think there are any lemons in the class athletically, based on early returns. Here are several names that they can't wait to see in pads: Cole McConathy, Cam Pruitt, Marquise Lightfoot, Zaquan Patterson, JoJo Trader and Ny Carr. I'm told Trader and Carr are already two of the top athletes at WR. Elija Lofton is also a guy who is turning heads with his football instincts, weight-room exploits and mentality. "He's an animal."

- Elijah Arroyo is already developing chemistry with Cam Ward. NFL prospect if he stays healthy. Ward is what everybody expected so far.

- There are going to be a lot of new faces competing at running back. Chris Johnson, Jr. is going to have a huge opportunity this spring due to injuries. Everybody is excited to see what he can do. "We need to get the ball in his hands." There are also high expectations for Jordan Lyle to compete immediately when he arrives this summer. Chris Wheatley-Humphrey has people believing he will be a good player in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if we add a portal kid here.

- DT transfers CJ Clark and Marley Cook are impressing with their work ethics. They put in extra time and compete with motors.

- There have been some questions on Chase Smith. I'm told he is full go.

- C Nino Francavilla is fitting in physically. I’m told he is one of our stronger players in the weight room and is moving around well. Looking forward to seeing him play football.
Any news on Fletcher?

Rivers is the best LT on THIS **** roster. His future in the NFL may be inside.
Samson and Bells ceiling is significantly higher lol. If those guys have productive springs/summers, Rivers will likely get moved inside lol. I guarantee you Rivers gets reps at guard this spring

Samson and Bells ceiling is significantly higher lol. If those guys have productive springs/summers, Rivers will likely get moved inside lol. I guarantee you Rivers gets reps at guard this spring
I'm pretty sure ever since Mario has been here he's gotten reps at G and C in the spring. I hope you're right and Samson or Bell end up being better at Lt then Rivers and force him inside. I know you have said potential and ceiling quite a bit in this thread the same can be said about Bobby Washington, prob has the most potential out of any LB on our team but if he is the best or second best LB on the team is another ?.

We’ve had TWO DCS say James was a LB..he just ain’t know it yet lol..but for Miami he was **** well a SS..and as u said it’s what he wanted to play
I've always felt my preferred position was **** star, but the world felt I was better served as an accountant. Fortunately, I've been training for both in case the opportunity arises.

Advertisement
Pretty sure Blount may miss spring ball as well since he's walking around in a post-op shoulder sling/brace.

Except Williams wanted to play safety.
*ahem*

Miami safety James Williams declared for the NFL Draft as a junior. There has been speculation that his 6-5, 215-pound frame would be better suited to linebacker; nevertheless he still plans to stick at his post at safety in the NFL.

Advertisement
Back