The Bank (2/17) (team)

View as article
If he just had the surgery 2024 is out of the question.

I'm not sure about the precise timing of the surgery, but he was definitely in a boot this month. Best-case scenario is he had the surgery in early January and makes a great recovery, but even then we should expect him out the first half of 2024... and perhaps longer. Hope he has a good, issue-free rehab.

Advertisement
I'm not sure about the precise timing of the surgery, but he was definitely in a boot this month. Best-case scenario is he had the surgery in early January and makes a great recovery, but even then we should expect him out the first half of 2024... and perhaps longer. Hope he has a good, issue-free rehab.
Rehab and good at Miami are a scary thought. Not even being funny injuries at Miami are a kiss of death.

So assuming the rotation with Fletcher out includes a battle between Parrish, CJ, Citizen, Allen, CWH and Lyle…

I would expect the Spring to be a tryout of sorts. Wouldn’t be surprised if 2 guys hit the portal. Parrish is a fine back but he has a ceiling imo, and that ceiling isn’t in the category of a game-changing RB. Like Memnon, I’ve been screaming for CJ to get more touches because no one in the backfield is as explosive as he is with the ball in his hands. We’ve been missing a RB with that burst for quite some time, so hopefully he can show out in the spring.

Otherwise, we might be looking at a Spring portal RB addition. I get it’s an already crowded room, but with this OL and QB, RB shouldn’t be a question mark heading into 2024. We need a sure thing, or as close to a sure thing as we can possibly obtain heading into the Swamp.

So assuming the rotation with Fletcher out includes a battle between Parrish, CJ, Citizen, Allen, CWH and Lyle…

I would expect the Spring to be a tryout of sorts. Wouldn’t be surprised if 2 guys hit the portal. Parrish is a fine back but he has a ceiling imo, and that ceiling isn’t in the category of a game-changing RB. Like Memnon, I’ve been screaming for CJ to get more touches because no one in the backfield is as explosive as he is with the ball in his hands. We’ve been missing a RB with that burst for quite some time, so hopefully he can show out in the spring.

Otherwise, we might be looking at a Spring portal RB addition. I get it’s an already crowded room, but with this OL and QB, RB shouldn’t be a question mark heading into 2024. We need a sure thing, or as close to a sure thing as we can possibly obtain heading into the Swamp.
I wouldn't even say it's crowded the only goaline or power RB we have is Citizen who has never played and I'm assuming have to hope Lofton can contribute there. Seems like a lot of hope either way.

I said for the last year that I expected zero out of Arroyo in 2023. Of course people said I was crazy and he was healthy, and we got……zero.

Now, it’s time. This is an NFL player. He is going to break the league this year and all the people complaining about the TEs being non-existent are going to be much quieter.

2 years off the surgery, he will be 100.0% all summer and will have a **** of a rapport with Cam but he time the season rolls around. An absolute mismatch nightmare, good luck covering him and Restrepo in the middle of the field when you have to account for Ward’s legs and the speed on the outside with Trader, Carr, George, Horton, and others.

IMO adding Ward’s extra dimension and Arroyo’s matchup problems totally unlocks the ceiling of an offense. I can’t wait to see that kid work.
I **** sure hope you're right this season too.
Believe Angels In The Outfield GIF

Advertisement
It's young fans that haven't live through the Glory Days!

There is a ton of them on this board.
I’m not a young fan and have lived through the glory days. I am just saying that I “feel” like most of the guys Bama and UGA want, they get. Especially in their backyards. It’s not being a mope or anything. I’m all in on Mario and the team, just stating what I seem to notice.

Advertisement
Didn’t Gus Edward’s have lisfranc here? I don’t remember him being down for long
Yes - Gus got hurt before the 2015 season and missed the season but but was back 5-6 months later for Spring practice.

But Gus was from out of state, so no one cared. Sprained ankles for in-state RB's are a MUCH more serious injury than lisfranc for an out-of-state RB.

Advertisement

If he’s gonna be down for most of the year we need a transfer back in the spring. Citzen we have no idea what he even has cannot rely on him so really we have Parrish and 3 young guys that’s scary

If he’s gonna be down for most of the year we need a transfer back in the spring. Citzen we have no idea what he even has cannot rely on him so really we have Parrish and 3 young guys that’s scary
There’s no bringing in any transfer for spring as it starts next week. Whoever is currently enrolled and healthy is who we will see in Spring.

Advertisement
There’s no bringing in any transfer for spring as it starts next week. Whoever is currently enrolled and healthy is who we will see in Spring.
Spring portal opens after I shouldn’t be posting at 1am too tired haha. Should’ve said for summer

Totally agree that Parrish has a ceiling but here is the flip side -He was our best RB last year !!

Look at the stats. Best avr/run on the team at 6.3 without breaking the big run.

Then look at the game tape. The play looks like it is going for 3 yds and Parrish gets 5 yds. He seems to do this on nearly every play.

Not sure how we sit this guy.

Ditto for 2022. He was our best back behind an average to bad OL , getting a decent 4.7 per run.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back