The Bank (2/17) (team)

View as article
Advertisement
I’m kind of in the same boat. I’m always iffy on guys from SEC country who don’t commit to UGA, LSU, or BAMA. Why leave those schools to come to Miami?
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Or Fletcher's injury is more serious than they're letting on.
I've been told everything from he'll be fine by spring to his season is in doubt. From sprained foot to achilles tear. I'm gonna guess it falls somewhere in the middle.

But tbh.. I don't think they're letting anything on. I haven't read a single thing publicly.. not even speculation.

Advertisement
I’m not sold on Ny Carr. I hope I’m wrong on him…
Can't blame you for this opinion because of how it went down with him and UGA. They didn't even attempt to keep him in the fold. Not a good sign

But I've watched him play live multiple times and follow his district pretty closely.. I've never seen anyone look that good and get talked about by coaches in that area like they do for him and the kid not be the truth. He's playing top 1% competition in the country at Colquitt County. Nothing fluky about him.

Can't blame you for this opinion because of how it went down with him and UGA. They didn't even attempt to keep him in the fold. Not a good sign

But I've watched him play live multiple times and follow his district pretty closely.. I've never seen anyone look that good and get talked about by coaches in that area like they do for him and the kid not be the truth. He's playing top 1% competition in the country at Colquitt County. Nothing fluky about him.
It's just hard not to see his speed, acceleration, and YAC ability not translate well to Saturdays.

I've been told everything from he'll be fine by spring to his season is in doubt. From sprained foot to achilles tear. I'm gonna guess it falls somewhere in the middle.

But tbh.. I don't think they're letting anything on. I haven't read a single thing publicly.. not even speculation.
Lisfranc was the word on CIS.

Advertisement
I saw a tweet pic of citizen practicing. He had a huge knee brace on but he was Out there running. So that’s a start I suppose. I’m hoping to see a fellow south Louisiana guy make it. And I know Coach Guidry gotta be rooting for him too.

Advertisement

Donno’s guy yesterday said he saw Fletcher in a full boot using a foot cart to keep all pressure off it. He also said is was Lisfranc and there’s no timeline essentially. What I don’t get is why Fletcher is still 100% no weight unless he only went through surgery in January. And if that’s the case, why the delay?

Also said that Citizen goes through all the workouts but wears a super strength brace, possibly because he’s still scared to re-injure it. But the result is that no one knows if he’s fully recovered his speed, burst and footwork.

Meanwhile we let Chaney transfer out.

I’m truly scratching my head here and praying for the best.

Donno’s guy yesterday said he saw Fletcher in a full boot using a foot cart to keep all pressure off it. He also said is was Lisfranc and there’s no timeline essentially. What I don’t get is why he’s still 100% no weight unless he only went through surgery in January. And if that’s the case l, why the wait.

Also said that Citizen goes through all the workouts but wears a super strength brace, possibly because he’s still scared to re-injure it. But the result is that no one knows if he’s fully recovered his speed, burst and footwork.

Meanwhile we let Chaney transfer out.

I’m truly scratching my head here and praying for the best.
Good thing we have Parrish, Allen, CJ2, and Lyle

Advertisement
Good thing we have Parrish, Allen, CJ2, and Lyle

I know, and Wheatley-Humphrey if he comes in at RB. But Parrish is maxed out below the elite level we want, Allen won't be allowed to play if he doesn't block better, CJ2 went down when the DL breathed on him a few months back, and Lyle / CWH are high school seniors. So... ?

Don't get me wrong, I actually like all our guys and think they could all contribute. But where's your Alpha every down back? On a leg wheely and/or in a titanium knee brace, apparently. I've learned with the Canes you hope for the best but pray the coaches plan for the worst.

Citizen has been at Miami two years and has not played a snap. He was fully cleared to play late last year and did not see the field.

It would not surprise me to see him transfer after Spring practice.
Some fans love the logo but not the actual Hurricanes on the field smh

Kid suffered an injury that ended careers just a couple of decades ago.

All parties in this situation are doing it right. He’s been through **** as an athlete that wants to see the field and compete. We should all be rooting for him.

Spring practice is two weeks away, but Miami is hard at work with the 2024 team and the Class of 2025. I posted some news on recruiting here. Some quick hitters on off-season workouts for the weekend:

- The staff doesn't think there are any lemons in the class athletically, based on early returns. Here are several names that they can't wait to see in pads: Cole McConathy, Cam Pruitt, Marquise Lightfoot, Zaquan Patterson, JoJo Trader and Ny Carr. I'm told Trader and Carr are already two of the top athletes at WR. Elija Lofton is also a guy who is turning heads with his football instincts, weight-room exploits and mentality. "He's an animal."

- Elijah Arroyo is already developing chemistry with Cam Ward. NFL prospect if he stays healthy. Ward is what everybody expected so far.

- There are going to be a lot of new faces competing at running back. Chris Johnson, Jr. is going to have a huge opportunity this spring due to injuries. Everybody is excited to see what he can do. "We need to get the ball in his hands." There are also high expectations for Jordan Lyle to compete immediately when he arrives this summer. Chris Wheatley-Humphrey has people believing he will be a good player in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if we add a portal kid here.

- DT transfers CJ Clark and Marley Cook are impressing with their work ethics. They put in extra time and compete with motors.

- There have been some questions on Chase Smith. I'm told he is full go.

- C Nino Francavilla is fitting in physically. I’m told he is one of our stronger players in the weight room and is moving around well. Looking forward to seeing him play football.
Good read, thanks!

Advertisement
Back