The Bank (2/17) (team)

View as article
No talk of Citizen
7 projected RB's on the roster in Fall
But possibly bringing in a portal RB?

Reading between the lines here - but I don't like what that appears to be adding up to
What have you heard on Allen?
What have you heard on Parrish?
What have you heard on Kelly?
What have you heard on Mesidor?

Advertisement
What have you heard on Allen?
What have you heard on Parrish?

What have you heard on Kelly?
What have you heard on Mesidor?

Talking strictly RB's - Fletcher, CJ, Lyle CWH aren't going anywhere.

Parrish - I'd think the coaches already know what they have in Parrish. But if the coaches want to get younger guys more playing time, I wouldn't be surprised is Parrish transfers somewhere he can be a feature RB vs taking a step back in playing time here.

Citizen/Allen - seems like these 2 might be in the most in "prove it" mode this Spring.

Taking a transfer RB doesn't seem to be necessary/add much unless 2 guys were going transfer out.

No talk of Citizen
7 projected RB's on the roster in Fall
But possibly bringing in a portal RB?

Reading between the lines here - but I don't like what that appears to be adding up to
Would it comfort you to hear that Mario has pinky promised to only bring in 200 pound plus RBs in the portal??

Parrish - I'd think the coaches already know what they have in Parrish. But if the coaches want to get younger guys more playing time, I wouldn't be surprised is Parrish transfers somewhere he can be a feature RB vs taking a step back in playing time here.

Citizen/Allen - seems like these 2 might be in the most in "prove it" mode this Spring.

Taking a transfer RB doesn't seem to be necessary/add much unless 2 guys were going transfer out.
Disagree .... you have Fletcher and Citizen who might still be taking it easy until we get INTO Fall practice. So we really have Parrish and Allen to rely on for heavy duty in Spring practice, and I believe ONE of the incoming freshmen ... one doesn't arrive until June.

Advertisement

I just think people are to anxious with Citizen. Maybe he does leave but I could name 60+ players we've heard nothing about. Using that to draw conclusions is odd. I don't want a portal RB because we aren't going to get a RB1, it would be another RB3/4. Parrish leaving makes the most sense if it has to be someone.

Disagree .... you have Fletcher and Citizen who might still be taking it easy until we get INTO Fall practice. So we really have Parrish and Allen to rely on for heavy duty in Spring practice, and I believe ONE of the incoming freshmen ... one doesn't arrive until June.
Think citizen needs to prove himself in spring. He was supposedly practicing by end of season, so need to know what we got in him post injury.

Fletcher is already out, and let's say Citizen is out.

That's leaves 4 - Parrish, Allen, CJ, CWH. Add in walk-ons and that seems like plenty for 1 month of practice. It doesn't seem necessary to bring in a transfer RB just for spring practice if you weren't looking to keep him on the roster, and 8 RB's on the roster in Fall doesn't seem to make sense either.

And I know you were joking about taking a 200+ lb RB - but my feeling still stands.

Having 5 of your 7 RB's weigh 190 lbs or less isn't how I'd personally want my RB room to look. I think your chances of being successful are lower with that make-up, but there is no right or wrong way to do it.

I just think people are to anxious with Citizen. Maybe he does leave but I could name 60+ players we've heard nothing about. Using that to draw conclusions is odd. I don't want a portal RB because we aren't going to get a RB1, it would be another RB3/4. Parrish leaving makes the most sense if it has to be someone.
I think the anxiousness on Citizen is because we haven't seen him in 2 years. And there were reports he was ready to go at the end of last season. So it's more - "hey, can we get confirmation that we're finally going to see this guy or not this spring?"

Like I said, I'm just speculating/reading between the lines here - but I agree with you bringing in a portal RB doesn't make much sense, so that's why I'm taking an educated guess (not drawing any conclusions yet) as to why that might be that we're looking at a portal RB.

Advertisement

Agree we won't get an RB1. Another Parris or Allen far most likely. So why not just try to keep them? Portal RB seems silly unless we're back-channeling a top kid.

The extra concern is because D$ specifically called out the RBs and named a bunch of new names that will see more snaps during spring ball, yet left out Citizen. Even more telling is that he talked about Jordan Lyle being someone they look at early. Lyle and Citizen have similar purposes, so it's only natural to draw conclusions. ... compounded by the fact that we got an update on Arroyo and Chase Smith being healthy.

Spring practice is two weeks away, but Miami is hard at work with the 2024 team and the Class of 2025. I posted some news on recruiting here. Some quick hitters on off-season workouts for the weekend:

- The staff doesn't think there are any lemons in the class athletically, based on early returns. Here are several names that they can't wait to see in pads: Cole McConathy, Cam Pruitt, Marquise Lightfoot, Zaquan Patterson, JoJo Trader and Ny Carr. I'm told Trader and Carr are already two of the top athletes at WR. Elija Lofton is also a guy who is turning heads with his football instincts, weight-room exploits and mentality. "He's an animal."

- Elijah Arroyo is already developing chemistry with Cam Ward. NFL prospect if he stays healthy. Ward is what everybody expected so far.

- There are going to be a lot of new faces competing at running back. Chris Johnson, Jr. is going to have a huge opportunity this spring due to injuries. Everybody is excited to see what he can do. "We need to get the ball in his hands." There are also high expectations for Jordan Lyle to compete immediately when he arrives this summer. Chris Wheatley-Humphrey has people believing he will be a good player in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if we add a portal kid here.

- DT transfers CJ Clark and Marley Cook are impressing with their work ethics. They put in extra time and compete with motors.

- There have been some questions on Chase Smith. I'm told he is full go.

- C Nino Francavilla is fitting in physically. I’m told he is one of our stronger players in the weight room and is moving around well. Looking forward to seeing him play football.
How do you think the d-line will be better this year than last year or better play.

Kid is a natural football player, just has it. He will find his way on the field on way or the other, cream always rises.

macho man randy savage GIF

Advertisement
How do you think the d-line will be better this year than last year or better play.

We gain a year of experience at three spots across the DL while adding Alston, Clark and Cook along with the top recruiting DL class in the country. We lose Taylor, Deen, Acheampong and Lichtenstein. IMO LT is the only concern here. So +3 spots vs -1 spot.

I think it’s pretty clear we’ll be better as a group as long as we are only marginally worse back-filling LT, or Guidry adjusts schemes to offset the LT loss. Personally I’d be shaking the portal tree for one more quality DT. LT wasn’t a fan favorite in the end. But just look at the UL and Rutgers games to see how we did without him.

We gain a year of experience at three spots across the DL while adding Alston, Clark and Cook along with the top recruiting DL class in the country. We lose Taylor, Deen, Acheampong and Lichtenstein. IMO LT is the only concern here. So +3 spots vs -1 spot.

I think it’s pretty clear we’ll be better as a group as long as we are only marginally worse back-filling LT, or Guidry adjusts schemes to offset the LT loss. Personally I’d be shaking the portal tree for one more quality DT. LT wasn’t a fan favorite in the end. But just look at the UL and Rutgers games to see how we did without him.
That was my main concern. I think he showed he could be dominant when he wanted to. I just wished he would’ve been more consistent. Hopefully someone or someones can step up. So we don’t get ran on

Citizen has been at Miami two years and has not played a snap. He was fully cleared to play late last year and did not see the field.

It would not surprise me to see him transfer after Spring practice.

Advertisement
Citizen has been at Miami two years and has not played a snap. He was fully cleared to play late last year and did not see the field.

It would not surprise me to see him transfer after Spring practice.
Not saying he won’t transfer but didn’t he get cleared to play with like 3 games left? Of course he didn’t play a snap lol

Cleared to play doesn’t mean READY to play

Advertisement
Back