View as article
Advertisement
Added a note on Nino Francavilla.
He’s baaaaaaaaaaack!

Getting an early jump on things I see. It’s not late Summer/Fall yet. 💁🏻‍♂️

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Spring practice is two weeks away, but Miami is hard at work with the 2024 team and the Class of 2025. I posted some news on recruiting here. Some quick hitters on off-season workouts for the weekend:

- The staff doesn't think there are any lemons in the class athletically, based on early returns. Here are several names that they can't wait to see in pads: Cole McConathy, Cam Pruitt, Marquise Lightfoot, Zaquan Patterson, JoJo Trader and Ny Carr. I'm told Trader and Carr are already two of the top athletes at WR. Elija Lofton is also a guy who is turning heads with his football instincts, weight-room exploits and mentality. "He's an animal."

- Elijah Arroyo is already developing chemistry with Cam Ward. NFL prospect if he stays healthy. Ward is what everybody expected so far.

- There are going to be a lot of new faces competing at running back. Chris Johnson, Jr. is going to have a huge opportunity this spring due to injuries. Everybody is excited to see what he can do. "We need to get the ball in his hands." There are also high expectations for Jordan Lyle to compete immediately when he arrives this summer. Chris Wheatley-Humphrey has people believing he will be a good player in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if we add a portal kid here.

- DT transfers CJ Clark and Marley Cook are impressing with their work ethics. They put in extra time and compete with motors.

- There have been some questions on Chase Smith. I'm told he is full go.

- C Nino Francavilla is fitting in physically. I’m told he is one of our stronger players in the weight room and is moving around well. Looking forward to seeing him play football.
Solid solid info. Thank you for sharing the Chase info.

I said for the last year that I expected zero out of Arroyo in 2023. Of course people said I was crazy and he was healthy, and we got……zero.

Now, it’s time. This is an NFL player. He is going to break the league this year and all the people complaining about the TEs being non-existent are going to be much quieter.

2 years off the surgery, he will be 100.0% all summer and will have a **** of a rapport with Cam but he time the season rolls around. An absolute mismatch nightmare, good luck covering him and Restrepo in the middle of the field when you have to account for Ward’s legs and the speed on the outside with Trader, Carr, George, Horton, and others.

IMO adding Ward’s extra dimension and Arroyo’s matchup problems totally unlocks the ceiling of an offense. I can’t wait to see that kid work.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think that Lofton could be such a weapon. H-Back blocking, running and receiving. I think our skill players are going to surprise people next year.
X Factor is if Citizen can come back and be the prospect he was before the injury.
I'm prob looking to far into it but I feel not seeing anything positive anywhere with Citizen combined with bringing up a portal Rb means Citizen prob isn't how we hoped and Fletcher might not be 100% the beginning of the year.

One of my biggest concerns is Dawson figuring out a way to get as much speed as possible on the field at once.

We have to be more creative w some of these speed guys we have in the backfield.
That is my concern as well. Last season he seemed very mechanical in the way he used players. There was no effort to get speed on the field. He didn't know how.

Advertisement
Back