The Bank (12/16) (NOW WITH TEXT)

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

By popular demand, I am adding a written breakdown to the video report. I would still encourage you guys to watch the video for additional info, a fine head of hair and a Hollywood jawline.

• Last Tuesday, I said that Miami was very confident on Samson Okunlola and Rueben Bain. Today, they are both Canes. The next name to watch is Mark Fletcher. He is visiting this weekend and Miami feels very good. Florida had the momentum coming out of last week’s visit, but the last visit is huge and communication is going very well. Fletcher is a huge piece to the class- one of the best overall football players in Florida who is built like the Terminator. Don’t be surprised if Miami also adds a RB in the Portal.
  • The focus of WR will be transfers. Don’t’e Thornton (Oregon transfer) is visiting this weekend and provides a deep ball threat, with a career YPC over 20 yards. This is not a done deal- Thornton is going through the process and needs to be recruited. But the visit and prior relationship is encouraging. Grant Dubose (Charlotte transfer) is a potential NFL player and there is heavy mutual interest. However, because he already used his transfer from Miles College to Charlotte, he needs to graduate and then enroll as a grad transfer in the summer. Miami also expects additional names to jump in the Portal in the next month or so based on trends from last year.
  • Javion Cohen (Alabama transfer) is one of the best guards in the country and is visiting this weekend. I continue to like the Canes here. Miami wants competition at guard and Ben Scott (Arizona State transfer) is being evaluated. The OL class looks solid- Tommy Kinsler is the only concern because of location, but he is talking and acting like a Cane.
  • There is a strong chance Reid Mikeska flips to South Carolina, where he is visiting this weekend. Miami is monitoring Moliki Matavao (Oregon transfer) as a potential Portal addition. He was the #5 TE in 2021 and had good film this year.
  • Miami will add 1-2 big DT bodies in the Portal to replace Darrell Jackson and Jordan Miller. Ahmad Moten (2022 signee) improved as much as anyone throughout the season, as we saw on the goalline stand versus Pittsburgh. He will have a chance. Thomas Gore (Georgia State transfer) is visiting this weekend. Miami is trying to get bigger across the board, which makes Gore an unusual offer as an undersized DT. But the explanation was simple—“he is too good.” They don’t want to miss on the next Calijah Kancey, and Gore (a twitchy former wrestler) has been one of the most disruptive interior linemen in the nation. Miami is also continuing to work on Enow Ettah (Michigan commit out of Texas).
  • Someone inside the Hecht told me Reuben Bain was the most important commit in the class- an “alpha” who “legitimizes this class locally.” He is already on the phone with uncommitted prospects.
I will continue to dig on the defensive backs like the Brown Brothers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Bank is booming!

Yes I want a Brown bro’s update and some
scoop on safety.

Maybe an 🏧 later today?

Advertisement
I miss the written format of the bank dmoney, I’m busy ain’t got time all the time to watch the video like I want to
Can’t monetize a CIS post. It’s good business to put popular information on YouTube and generate views and likes.

Pretty soon DMoney will be posting Canes news on tick-tock

Advertisement
- Fletcher visiting this weekend and the staff feels good about their chances.

- Looking to also add another RB through the portal.

- On the subject of WR’s, he said we’re likely to add 2-3 WR’s through the portal. Mentioned nothing about us pursuing other high school WR recruits.

- The portal guys he mentioned were Thornton (he’s visiting and the staff feels good about him, but it’s not a done deal yet) and DeBose (who will take some time since he needs to graduate first for immediate eligibility since he’s already transferred once).

- Staff also hopes/anticipates more quality options at WR will enter the portal after bowl games and spring practices.

- At TE, Mikeska is the current Miami commit who’s most likely to flip. Visiting South Carolina this weekend. Williams and Carver sound solidly committed. We’ll look to add another TE through the portal.

- At OL, we’ll turn to the portal now that the high school class is wrapped up with the addition of Okunlola. We’re in really good shape for Cohen.

- At DL, we’re hosting Thomas Gore this weekend and the staff really likes him despite his measurables not aligning with their emphasis on body types. Gore has drawn comparisons to Calijah Kancey. We’re also still trying to flip Etta from Michigan.

Ninjas spoiled as ****, whining about the video vs. text. Watch the ish when you get time. Smh
All That Nicksplat GIF by NickRewind

- Fletcher visiting this weekend and the staff feels good about their chances.

- Looking to also add another RB through the portal.

- On the subject of WR’s, he said we’re likely to add 2-3 WR’s through the portal. Mentioned nothing about us pursuing other high school WR recruits.

- The portal guys he mentioned were Thornton (he’s visiting and the staff feels good about him, but it’s not a done deal yet) and DeBose (who will take some time since he needs to graduate first for immediate eligibility since he’s already transferred once).

- Staff also hopes/anticipates more quality options at WR will enter the portal after bowl games and spring practices.

- At TE, Mikeska is the current Miami commit who’s most likely to flip. Visiting South Carolina this weekend. Williams and Carver sound solidly committed. We’ll look to add another TE through the portal.

- At OL, we’ll turn to the portal now that the high school class is wrapped up with the addition of Okunlola. We’re in really good shape for Cohen.

- At DL, we’re hosting Thomas Gore this weekend and the staff really likes him despite his measurables not aligning with their emphasis on body types. Gore has drawn comparisons to Calijah Kancey. We’re also still trying to flip Etta from Michigan.
bless this man

Advertisement
Back