The Bank (11/13)

View as article
Not just our fans.. Someone is selling him being a 1st round pick to recruits or something. I've seen a few of them say they developed 2 first round receivers or whatever... Coleman.. fine.. but they didn't develop him. They gave him exposure with an actual offense

Wilson might be a 3rd round pick and slipping every time he drops a pass and looks like he has the coordination of a wounded giraffe. Someone is going to take him and see if they can have a Kyle Pitts or Jimmy Graham type. He's in the same mold as Oronde Gadsden II and (injury aside) I'd be taking him over wilson 100% of the time and he's likely a 2nd rounder at best.

Dude has 2 tds this year and over 10 drops

They are selling that i guess ron dugans and the donk cause boy....

Coleman was a known commodity who they just so happened tampered with to get there..he was going there b4 in high school to if i can recall. But there not developing anything in his game other than throwing 50/50 balls to him.

Advertisement
I predicted FSU to win the ACC & Duke to upset Clemson week 1.

I also predicted us going 8-4

Barring who they get for QB next season, The University of Miami would be my favorite to win the ACC in 2024, FSU will lose a lot of NFL talent (especially their QB).

Losing a safety like Kam doesn’t move the needle for me. Safety’s don’t matter that much. CB’s, OL, DL, weapons, & QB does. I like Miami over every ACC team in 3 of those 5 spots.

I predicted FSU to win the ACC & Duke to upset Clemson week 1.

I also predicted us going 8-4

Barring who they get for QB next season, The University of Miami would be my favorite to win the ACC in 2024, FSU will lose a lot of NFL talent (especially their QB).

Losing a safety like Kam doesn’t move the needle for me. Safety’s don’t matter that much. CB’s, OL, DL, weapons, & QB does. I like Miami over every ACC team in 3 of those 5 spots.
We’re not winning anything unless we retain Guidry, overhaul our offensive approach, and strike gold in the portal at multiple positions, starting with QB.

And Pratt is bronze.

But, the schedule is absolute cake in 2024, so I’m saying it now. While 10 wins is attainable, 9 is the absolute floor. Anything worse, and Mario deserves to be fired (but won’t).

Advertisement
When you have terrible QB play it’s hard to win games. Miami hasn’t gotten blown out in any game. Every game was winnable. They are right on the doorstep.
Clemson will be better next year because they’re bringing a lot back (especially an EXPERIENCED QB). FSU will fall off, they’re too top heavy, transition year. Louisville will have a down year because they played absolutely nobody this season. Duke is a team to watch.

But Miami, with another top 12 recruiting class, & in year 2 of an offensive & defensive system they are going to jump.

This is a tough time for Miami on the field but recruiting never stops. Some updates on various key targets:

- Things continue to move in a very positive direction with Louisville commit DE Cole McConathy (Mobile, AL). Like Markel Bell, who committed last week, McConathy was first identified in the Bank as a major Miami target. I like our momentum there.

- CB Xavier Lucas (American Heritage) is another name first reported in the Bank that is beginning to pick up steam. There are several schools (like FSU) trying to flip him from Wisconsin, but Miami is in the best position.

- Miami continues to build momentum with Ohio State commit RB Jordan Lyle (St. Thomas). I don't know if the recruitment is as advanced with Lyle as the other two, but Miami is making very good progress.

- With Jimbo Fisher fired at Texas A&M, OL Isendre "Papa" Ahfua is firmly back in the picture. Expect the Canes to make a run there.

- Miami is very happy with the senior progress of QB Judd Anderson (Macon, GA). A source had a simple answer when asked about his season: "Stud." With that said, I expect Miami to aggressively pursue a high-level transfer QB to pair with Anderson.

- Anything can happen in recruiting, but there is not a lot of concern about TE Elija Lofton (Las Vegas) right now. He is considered internally to be one of the most versatile players in the nation.

- Status quo with CB Zavier Mincey (Daytona Beach). Miami likes their position but it's a long time until the Army AA game, when he announces.

- The staff was very encouraged by what they saw from CB Damari Brown and CB Jadais Richard in the FSU game. While they will still pursue impact players at CB, there seems to be less desperation at that position in terms of the Portal. Daryl Porter, Brown and Richard all project as starter-caliber and they like Robert Stafford. However, expect an extremely aggressive pursuit of the safety position.

- Alex Donno mentioned this on the podcast, and I've been able to confirm: Booker Pickett will be playing linebacker at Miami. This does not mean he won't rush the passer, as LBs Francisco Mauigoia, Wesley Bissainthe and KJ Cloyd have combined for 10.5 sacks between them. But they would rather him focus on being a versatile player than bulking up to play EDGE.

- I can see Miami looking to get bigger at DE in the Portal, even with big DEs like Reuben Bain and Akeem Mesidor coming back.
Elijah Roberts might have contributed in this Defense.

Advertisement
We’re not winning anything unless we retain Guidry, overhaul our offensive approach, and strike gold in the portal at multiple positions, starting with QB.

And Pratt is bronze.

But, the schedule is absolute cake in 2024, so I’m saying it now. While 10 wins is attainable, 9 is the absolute floor. Anything worse, and Mario deserves to be fired (but won’t).
Let's pray that positive change happens on the offense side of the ball.

When you have terrible QB play it’s hard to win games. Miami hasn’t gotten blown out in any game. Every game was winnable. They are right on the doorstep.
Clemson will be better next year because they’re bringing a lot back (especially an EXPERIENCED QB). FSU will fall off, they’re too top heavy, transition year. Louisville will have a down year because they played absolutely nobody this season. Duke is a team to watch.

But Miami, with another top 12 recruiting class, & in year 2 of an offensive & defensive system they are going to jump.
I appreciate the optimism, but there’s a lot of things here that aren’t givens.

1. We have no idea if Guidry will be retained. LSU will assuredly come calling, so will programs like USC. We’re going to have to pony up cash, and we better.

2. Louisville is winning with an absolute trash QB, but Brohm has a very good defense (usually doesn’t). They’re absolutely a team to watch in ‘24 and will bring in a very good QB with an enticing offensive system / HC with a proven track record on that side of the ball. That’s something we can’t offer as of right now, it’s arguably our toughest game in ‘24 (also on the road).

3. It’s now or never regarding Dabo and the portal usage (or lack thereof). Curious to see what they do in the off-season.

4. FSU will spend a boatload in the portal, they will also be a fascinating case study. They need one dynamite portal class to bridge the gap so that their elite HS class gets acclimated to college ball in ‘24. They’re not in as bad of a position as people make them out to be. It’s a better class than our ‘23 one on paper…

5. If Ghandi is correct, we won’t have continuity at the OC position in ‘24. We cannot string this out like last season and miss out on portal guys because of it. That would be an unmitigated disaster of an approach.

Mario needs to be back-channeling portal guys asap. He also needs to have a plan at OC and DC should Dawson and/or Guidry leave. We cannot string out replacement hires into March. 2024 is too critical to do so.

Advertisement
Pat Payton starts there..and over their transfer portal additions at edge. He is good.

LB situation they gonna need to portal.

All their te's come back. And have arguably the best te committed.

They got holes for sure though....this is the year they have to capitalize. The fall wont be drastic in my opinion but it may be a step back. Benson has another year as well. To me on offense everything goes witht hem being able to run the ball and play off of that. Behind Benson they are mid.

Forget about Jaheim Bell’s Covid year but he is also 22 right now and will be 23 before next season kicks off. Might just decide to go pro.

Not a fan of Payton’s game and the Noles did try to replace with that Edmund kid from South Carolina but he has been a disappointment. The only other DE they play is Byron Turner who is not good. They have a major need at Edge. They think Blount will help them next year. Good luck with that.

DT is where they are loaded and will be loaded again next year with Jackson, Farmer, Lyons, and Malcolm Ray who seems like just a warm body. I can’t see them spending big there otherwise risk alienating Farmer and Lyons, both of who were flirting with the portal this past summer.

Looking at their 2 deep. They got a lot of RS-SRs and RS-JRs on there. Benson would be crazy to come to a new QB, new OL, and new WRs with opposing Defenses focusing on him.

I appreciate the optimism, but there’s a lot of things here that aren’t givens.

1. We have no idea if Guidry will be retained. LSU will assuredly come calling, so will programs like USC. We’re going to have to pony up cash, and we better.

2. Louisville is winning with an absolute trash QB, but Brohm has a very good defense (usually doesn’t). They’re absolutely a team to watch in ‘24 and will bring in a very good QB with an enticing offensive system / HC with a proven track record on that side of the ball. That’s something we can’t offer as of right now, it’s arguably our toughest game in ‘24 (also on the road).

3. It’s now or never regarding Dabo and the portal usage (or lack thereof). Curious to see what they do in the off-season.

4. FSU will spend a boatload in the portal, they will also be a fascinating case study. They need one dynamite portal class to bridge the gap so that their elite HS class gets acclimated to college ball in ‘24. They’re not in as bad of a position as people make them out to be. It’s a better class than our ‘23 one on paper…

5. If Ghandi is correct, we won’t have continuity at the OC position in ‘24. We cannot string this out like last season and miss out on portal guys because of it. That would be an unmitigated disaster of an approach.

Mario needs to be back-channeling portal guys asap. He also needs to have a plan at OC and DC should Dawson and/or Guidry leave. We cannot string out replacement hires into March. 2024 is too critical to do so.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dabo make the jump to A&M and start using the portal. Then he can stay true to his Clemson "no portal" philosophy and have A&M as an out.

Advertisement
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dabo make the jump to A&M and start using the portal. Then he can stay true to his Clemson "no portal" philosophy and have A&M as an out.
Interesting tbh. I hadn’t really considered him bolting for A&M.

We’ve heard Lanning rumors obviously, but I’d expect Kliff Kingsbury, Eli Drinkwitz, Mike Norvell, DeBoer, Elko, Glenn Schumann, Lane Kiffin, heck maybe even Jedd Fisch all to get at least a call to gauge preliminary interest.

Advertisement
Back