The Bank (11/13)

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
This is a tough time for Miami on the field but recruiting never stops. Some updates on various key targets:

- Things continue to move in a very positive direction with Louisville commit DE Cole McConathy (Mobile, AL). Like Markel Bell, who committed last week, McConathy was first identified in the Bank as a major Miami target. I like our momentum there.

- CB Xavier Lucas (American Heritage) is another name first reported in the Bank that is beginning to pick up steam. There are several schools (like FSU) trying to flip him from Wisconsin, but Miami is in the best position.

- Miami continues to build momentum with Ohio State commit RB Jordan Lyle (St. Thomas). I don't know if the recruitment is as advanced with Lyle as the other two, but Miami is making very good progress.

- With Jimbo Fisher fired at Texas A&M, OL Isendre "Papa" Ahfua is firmly back in the picture. Expect the Canes to make a run there.

- Miami is very happy with the senior progress of QB Judd Anderson (Macon, GA). A source had a simple answer when asked about his season: "Stud." With that said, I expect Miami to aggressively pursue a high-level transfer QB to pair with Anderson.

- Anything can happen in recruiting, but there is not a lot of concern about TE Elija Lofton (Las Vegas) right now. He is considered internally to be one of the most versatile players in the nation.

- Status quo with CB Zavier Mincey (Daytona Beach). Miami likes their position but it's a long time until the Army AA game, when he announces.

- The staff was very encouraged by what they saw from CB Damari Brown and CB Jadais Richard in the FSU game. While they will still pursue impact players at CB, there seems to be less desperation at that position in terms of the Portal. Daryl Porter, Brown and Richard all project as starter-caliber and they like Robert Stafford. However, expect an extremely aggressive pursuit of the safety position.

- Alex Donno mentioned this on the podcast, and I've been able to confirm: Booker Pickett will be playing linebacker at Miami. This does not mean he won't rush the passer, as LBs Francisco Mauigoia, Wesley Bissainthe and KJ Cloyd have combined for 10.5 sacks between them. But they would rather him focus on being a versatile player than bulking up to play EDGE.

- I can see Miami looking to get bigger at DE in the Portal, even with big DEs like Reuben Bain and Akeem Mesidor coming back.

Advertisement
This is a tough time for Miami on the field but recruiting never stops. Some updates on various key targets:

- Things continue to move in a very positive direction with Louisville commit DE Cole McConathy (Mobile, AL). Like Markel Bell, who committed last week, McConathy was first identified in the Bank as a major Miami target. I like our momentum there.

- CB Xavier Lucas (American Heritage) is another name first reported in the Bank that is beginning to pick up steam. There are several schools (like FSU) trying to flip him from Wisconsin, but Miami is in the best position.

- Miami continues to build momentum with Ohio State commit RB Jordan Lyle (St. Thomas). I don't know if the recruitment is as advanced with Lyle as the other two, but Miami is making very good progress.

- With Jimbo Fisher fired at Texas A&M, OL Isendre Ahfua is firmly back in the picture. Expect the Canes to make a run there.

- Miami is very happy with the senior progress of QB Judd Anderson (Macon, GA). A source had a simple answer when asked about his season: "Stud." With that said, I expect Miami to aggressively pursue a high-level transfer QB to pair with Anderson.

- Status quo with CB Zavier Mincey (Daytona Beach). Miami likes their position but it is a long time until the Army AA game, when he announces.

- The staff was very encouraged by what they saw from CB Damari Brown and CB Jadais Richard in the FSU game. While they will still pursue impact players at CB, there seems to be less urgency at that position in terms of the Portal. However, expect an extremely aggressive pursuit of the safety position.

- Alex Donno mentioned this on the podcast, and I've been able to confirm: Booker Pickett will be playing linebacker at Miami. This does not mean he won't rush the passer, as LBs Francisco Mauigoia, Wesley Bissainthe and KJ Cloyd have combined for 10.5 sacks between them. But they would rather him focus on being a versatile player than bulking up to play EDGE.
Thanks for the update. The second to last bullet point is utterly terrifying. Thats not to say that the two aformentioned arent talented, its just there should be tons of urgency at CB. We are not good there.

Thanks for the update. The second to last bullet point is utterly terrifying. Thats not to say that the two aformentioned arent talented, its just there should be tons of urgency at CB. We are not good there.
They will evaluate all names in the Portal, and we need numbers alone. But they think they have three starting-caliber guys and they like Stafford. I sense there is more urgency (i.e. budget allocation) at safety.

Advertisement
Any Whale updates ??!! We need a big splash!
1699915813145.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

- With Jimbo Fisher fired at Texas A&M, OL Isendre "Papa" Ahfua is firmly back in the picture. Expect the Canes to make a run there.

- Status quo with CB Zavier Mincey (Daytona Beach). Miami likes their position but it's a long time until the Army AA game, when he announces.

- The staff was very encouraged by what they saw from CB Damari Brown and CB Jadais Richard in the FSU game. While they will still pursue impact players at CB, there seems to be less desperation at that position in terms of the Portal. Daryl Porter, Brown and Richard all project as starter-caliber and they like Robert Stafford. However, expect an extremely aggressive pursuit of the safety position.

- I can see Miami looking to get bigger at DE in the Portal, even with big DEs like Reuben Bain and Akeem Mesidor coming back.
Is Cloyd out of eligibility? He’s been great for us this year.

Advertisement
Back