The Bank (10/12)

View as article
Advertisement
The way they live in the portal you can bank on it.
I honestly think they're counting on the Rodemaker kid that is their backup right now. He's actually looked decent in games where Travis was hurt. No doubt they'll also dip into the portal as well.

I honestly think they're counting on the Rodemaker kid that is their backup right now. He's actually looked decent in games where Travis was hurt. No doubt they'll also dip into the portal as well.

They also have a QB commit who was just bumped to a 5-star composite recruit.

They also have true freshman Brock Glenn on the roster, who flipped to them from Taint I believe, and in their 2022 class they got a kid named AJ Duffy from IMG who was a Top 250 overall player. They have bodies there for sure.

Advertisement
Regarding recruiting Landen Thomas, I don't know why any big TE would be interested thus far into the season. We barely use the TEs in the passing game.

We use to feature the TE, but this year, they're basically just run blockers.

This is negatively affecting the passing game. In watching Roman Cane's breakdown of the game, he pointed to the GT defenders ignoring the TE on passing routes which led to an interception and a PBU because a defensmder was able to help in coverage ignoring the TE.

Teams are now scheming against our lack of TE use in the passing game.

I've been very disappointed in the lack of TEs in the passing game given the talent we have in that room.
Is it lack is getting them open, or is it a lack of TVD throwing them the ball.

He has a propensity to really want it to throw it to his guy on that play, whoever that guy is.

When he has throwing it to the TEs they made 10 yard or more plays.

TVD like his deep post and sideline balls, that's what he's good at. Intermediate not so much outside of field outs, even comeback routes he throws to the body rather then outside shoulder.
We gotta live with it for now mon ami!

IMO, Chaney needs another year here. He has to show he can stay on the field and will be much quicker, faster and agile in the second-year post surgery. We have not seen his best ball. This year, undrafted FA, next year, sky is the limit.
If I'm him, given his history, I'm leaving. Sorry

Advertisement
RB room needs a purge. Bringing in 3 guys unless CWH moves to DB, is a good start. Couple of those guys need to be thanked and told to move on.
This is what I am thinking too. Why the heck would we need 3 more RBs unless there is some kind of purge. But Allen just got here and Fletcher, CJ and Citizen are the future. Only leaves Parrish and Chaney as the odd men out I guess. Would definitely need some kind of explanation on this one. Very weird.

The Canes suffered a brutal loss last week but recruiting moves forward full speed. Here is the latest:

- Miami continues to feel good about where it sits with WR Jeremiah Smith (Chaminade), despite last week's loss and even if WR Chance Robinson (STA) makes the rumored flip to OSU.

- The staff is also making significant progress with OSU RB commit Jordan Lyle (STA). If Lyle flips to Miami, it does not necessarily mean anything in terms of the recruitments of either RB Kevin Riley (Tuscaloosa) or RB Chris Wheatley-Humphrey (South Broward).

- The only silver lining from this weekend was the commitment of elite WR Ny Carr (Moultrie, GA). Miami is also interested in his teammate, FSU commit TE Landen Thomas. Nothing imminent there but it is a situation to monitor.

- There is going to need to be some roster management at the end of the season. Miami expects to be a major player in the Portal this offseason with premium talent. Positions of need include QB, DT and CB.

- I like where Miami sits right now for CB Zavier Mincey (Daytona Beach Mainland). Miami also likes its position for DT LJ McCray (Daytona Beach Mainland), although that will be an in-state battle.

- LB Adarius Hayes (Largo) had a very good visit to Miami and we are continuing to recruit him hard. Ongoing battle there.

- OT Markel Bell (JUCO) and DE Cole McConathy (Mobile) remain high priorities and Miami expects them to visit this season.
Mincey and Cole would be great pickups

Advertisement
Call me a downer, but I just dont see anyne from Daytona Mainland coming to Miami

McCray seems all FSU/UF to me and probably FSU as they have good pub at the moment

As for Chance, I dunno, sometimes these guys get temporarily enamored going out of State and then last minute stay home
He’s from Ft. Lauderdale. He’s not from Daytona.

Advertisement
Can someone tell me why corey flagg slow *** was on the field covering Christian Leary but people want to blame kam for trying to jump the route lol he was trying to help corey sorry *** out

Advertisement
Back