The Bank (1/8)

View as article
Advertisement
Im just asking one thing.... Did/do you personally know Baker and Poff? Because if not then I dont know if you can really see anything one way or another. the post clearly says they compared his personality to Baker.

I will say it is kind of funny to make personality comparisons instead of athletic comparisons, and likely wasn't wise to even say it because now everyone is trying to compare him to Baker but no one has actually compared his playing style to Baker. Just personality.
Someone with Baker's personality is a huge upgrade over TVDick. Players tend to rally around those types

I would usually come in here and say that you’re crazy…but I agree with you.

It’s more than recruiting. You also have to ******* WIN.

You don’t ******* WIN with guys like Hamburger Helper
Mario is going to die on the Hamburger Hill

Oj Simpson View GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good to know that NOW we’re going to be aggressive in the portal……………
What the **** we been doing…

Buddy, we’re in agreement on that lol what I’m saying people need to stop *****ing and moaning cuz we brought in Branson Deen cuz he wasn’t Jerome Brown when he was never brought in to be that, he was brought in to be Jordan Miller.
You said. And I quote, “Think we need to start accepting that Mario and staff do not value the transfer portal”

he brought in plenty to pivotal starts for the program. He was trying to bring in Cam Ward to be the face of next year. Idk what to tell you

I gotta say it’s the last name. If this was a person with any other normal name with his stats, then you’d have a lot more people excited. Mentally, puffin banger doesn’t scream, Heisman. But it ain’t fair to fault him for that if he’s a gamer.
Could be his superpower...

Advertisement
Miami just landed a commitment from Albany QB transfer Reese Poffenbarger. This will raise eyebrows, so let me pass on what I know about the decision:

- Miami will continue to evaluate veteran QBs through the end of this cycle and, if necessary, after spring. Poffenbarger has two years of eligibility, and his addition will not preclude Miami from pursuing another proven arm.

- Poffenbarger led the FCS in passing yards (3,608 yards) and passing TDs (36) while being graded at 2nd in big-time throws by PFF.

- Miami was blown away by his visit this weekend and compared his personality to Baker Mayfield. They also have high grades on his arm strength and athleticism (check his dunking highlights here).

- He measured at 6.05 and 215 pounds on his visit.

- I expect Miami to be aggressive in the Portal over the next two weeks. Positions to watch (along with QB) are safety, WR and possibly RB. This includes players committed elsewhere or about to commit elsewhere. They also will pursue difference-makers in the trenches. The plan is to pay for quality, not quantity. Young players like Rob Stafford and Chris Johnson need snaps. We don’t want to be like FSU where we major in the Portal and minor in HS recruiting.

- With respect to CB Antoine Jackson (ECU/UCF), I'm told Miami passing had nothing to do with his prior decommitment. There were some speed concerns on film. Miami did not have high grades on CB Earl Little and WR Jalen Brown, who went to FSU. There was some interest in Marvin Jones, Jr. but they have others rated higher.
I’m calling all sorts of BS here. Not you Dmoney, but the staff.

Lots of this just reeks of ineptitude, How tf are we now going to pursue players that are almost going to commit elsewhere? What tf have they been doing? And are they honestly thinking they are going to swoop in last minute with a “we want you” and expect them to instantly flip? I kinda get the evals on EL, JB and MJJ, but miss me with that bs on AJ.

Obviously the war room bs was just that.

Appreciate you as always, I just think this is nothing more than coach speak and spinning.

Advertisement
He’s the closest thing to Botch Miami has had in 20+ years here.

+ Pushed hard for Pickett to get his commitment
+ Lightfoot was his thru HIS grapevine
+ Same for Jones (DT) this cycle.
+ Freeney is also his eval
+ Mack was one of his early ones as well.

There are a few more, but he’s hit more than he’s missed. If you want a few of those, I can post them as well to balance it out.

But does he have what it takes to convince Mario of his game day inadequacies or is he on board with aging football…

Good to know that NOW we’re going to be aggressive in the portal……………
What the **** we been doing…
They've been in the war room..100% of our resources and attention have been evaluating Poffpoff and recruiting him to reel him in. It was a tough battle but now that it's over they can emerge from the war room and get started on the rest of the team after they recover for a day or 2.

Two names I can share at WR are Liberty WR CJ Daniels and Wake Forest WR Jahmal Banks. I expect Miami to pursue both even if they commit elsewhere.
Banks visits Raiola/Nebraska this weekend.

Advertisement
Back