The Bank (1/8)

View as article
Advertisement
He’s the closest thing to Botch Miami has had in 20+ years here.

+ Pushed hard for Pickett to get his commitment
+ Lightfoot was his thru HIS grapevine
+ Same for Jones (DT) this cycle.
+ Freeney is also his eval
+ Mack was one of his early ones as well.

There are a few more, but he’s hit more than he’s missed. If you want a few of those, I can post them as well to balance it out.
I’m not bashing Zo.

Advertisement
Going to wait and see how he does at this level before throwing his name under the bus. Some of these dudes have a competitve edge that drive their success and will drive the success of a team.
A voice of reasoning. He pans out ' we got him for 2. Better then a one yr rental n be back n the same position next yr

Think we need to start accepting that Mario and staff do not value the transfer portal just like Dabo and Clemson. Time will tell if that's the right decision...
You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

Advertisement
From his own mouth, HS recruiting and development is the lifeline. Supplementing with transfers is the key.

Could he do more, I guess, espeialy this cycle. But you risk loosing a lot of effort and development from your current roster. That’s arbitrary.

But to compare him to treating the portal like Dabo is all time exaggeration.
Obviously the Dabo comparison was an exaggeration but meant in the sense that both guys are trusting HS evals and development first.

I only count Mesidor, Kiko, Cohen, and Lee as guys brought in to be Day 1 starters. All the others were stop gaps to let the younger guys develop/build depth or guys that needed development in order to start, and I am fine with that.

Deen, Cloyd, Allen, Agude, Jaden Davis, Gore, Ladson, Denis weren’t brought in to be #1s but rather give us depth so the younger guys get time AND that’s fine. We don’t need to overstate what these guys are.

I’m fine taking Caleb Johnson and AJ Allen because that means less instances of Ragone’s and Michael Parrot’s taking meaningful snaps.

Alonzo Highsmith was the VP of Player Personnel of the Browns when they drafted Mayfield.

Should tell you who is making up the bull**** and probably needs go when this doesn’t work out

Edit.. I see it says personality.. at least they’re not trying to sell his ability as being Baker Mayfield.
Ok that explains it.

Advertisement
Obviously the Dabo comparison was an exaggeration but meant in the sense that both guys are trusting HS evals and development first.

I only count Mesidor, Kiko, Cohen, and Lee as guys brought in to be Day 1 starters. All the others were stop gaps to let the younger guys develop/build depth or guys that needed development in order to start, and I am fine with that.

Deen, Cloyd, Allen, Agude, Jaden Davis, Gore, Ladson, Denis weren’t brought in to be #1s but rather give us depth so the younger guys get time AND that’s fine. We don’t need to overstate what these guys are.

I’m fine taking Caleb Johnson and AJ Allen because that means less instances of Ragone’s and Michael Parrot’s taking meaningful snaps.
I’d much rather be a program built on HS and development. Relying on the portal ever year will be an ugly game

Advertisement
The same one who’s about to make $2M in the SEC at LSU…

What a turnaround for the young man!

Absolutely a great a turnaround but you (not meaning you) can't give Manny credit for just having him on staff. That's like giving Blake James credit for hiring Manny if he somehow does a great job at Duke. Baker wasn't good here same as Manny wasn't.

Advertisement
Back