The Bank (1/8)

View as article
Not sure why anyone is mad at this QB pickup. This is clearly for depth. Brown is going to bounce after spring practice if he is not named the starter. That would leave 2 scholarship QB's. Here are the scenario's I see playing out.
1. Little Tua get's a waiver and is penciled in at QB1. Brown likely bounces. 3 scholarship QB's.
2. We ride with what we have and Brown is named starter. 3 scholarship QB's.
3. We pick up a QB1 during the spring, highly unlikely. Brown bounces. 3 scholarship QB's.

All 3 scenarios result in having the minimum number of scholarship QB's. This is why you bring in Proff. Look, we swung and missed on Ward. They have to pick up the pieces and do what they can. But yes, this is very concerning that Mario cannot land a top tier QB at this point. Very puzzling and likely a lot of negative QB recruiting going on. He better land a stud for 2025 and do it quickly.

Advertisement
Kid isn’t a bad player but Mario’s system is going to make him look so much worse.

I just don’t see the arm strength to make some of the throws we’re asking our QB to make.

Literally Anthony Brown 2.0. Very similar tools and ability. Shorter version. Reminds me a lot of someone else we were seeing mentioned… Jordan McCloud.
Mario would find a way to ruin Bo Nix

For all of our esteemed posters out there: May I ask that you please leave the pre-qualifier of “Verse came from Albany” and “Ward played at an FCS school” or any other variation, please, to prop up this kid.

Let him stand on his own with his film and what he actually does at this level when he gets the opportunity to show what he can do.

Advertisement
I told someone the same thing yesterday. Other than his recruiting prowess Mario is Butch Davis as far as game day decision making. Mario is allergic to difference making QBs and WRs
And CBs, And TEs

Advertisement
For all of our esteemed posters out there: May I ask that you please leave the pre-qualifier of “Verse came from Albany” and “Ward played at an FCS school” or any other variation, please, to prop up this kid.

Let him stand on his own with his film and what he actually does at this level when he gets the opportunity to show what he can do.
Kobe Bryant GIF

Advertisement
Definitely not the greatest “bank” we’ve seen as far as good news. I do love the fact that we seem to be set on developing our HS classes versus relying on the portal, but we definitely need another option at QB. Don’t like the Jackson pass, but little Sr. And Jr. can kick rocks.
It is our version of Silicon Valley Bank.

Interesting. Gabby floating the Mayfield comparison also. Said he got Mayfield vibes from the staff.

Spins already starting, that worries me.

Also, what else is Gaby supposed to say? “Hey this kid stinks and shouldn’t have gotten an offer”

He can’t say that, if you want the staff to throw you a bone every now and then you gotta play puppet

Advertisement
Easy, boss. People around here think Zo is the reluctant messiah of this program.

He’s the closest thing to Botch Miami has had in 20+ years here.

+ Pushed hard for Pickett to get his commitment
+ Lightfoot was his thru HIS grapevine
+ Same for Jones (DT) this cycle.
+ Freeney is also his eval
+ Mack was one of his early ones as well.

There are a few more, but he’s hit more than he’s missed. If you want a few of those, I can post them as well to balance it out.

Not sure why anyone is mad at this QB pickup. This is clearly for depth. Brown is going to bounce after spring practice if he is not named the starter. That would leave 2 scholarship QB's. Here are the scenario's I see playing out.
1. Little Tua get's a waiver and is penciled in at QB1. Brown likely bounces. 3 scholarship QB's.
2. We ride with what we have and Brown is named starter. 3 scholarship QB's.
3. We pick up a QB1 during the spring, highly unlikely. Brown bounces. 3 scholarship QB's.

All 3 scenarios result in having the minimum number of scholarship QB's. This is why you bring in Proff. Look, we swung and missed on Ward. They have to pick up the pieces and do what they can. But yes, this is very concerning that Mario cannot land a top tier QB at this point. Very puzzling and likely a lot of negative QB recruiting going on. He better land a stud for 2025 and do it quickly.
Solid points and I agree, but don’t forget Judd. Currently have 4 QBs on scholly now. All still true though.

Advertisement
Back