The Bank (1/8)

View as article
Advertisement
Why does it suck? He's experienced QB depth. Getting him or not getting him doesnt impact our pursuit of Ward or Taulia, or some other quality transfer if one enters the portal after Spring. So what is the downside?

It sucks because we can not land a QB with proven success via the portal. If we could land one, we would not be having this conversation.

Good luck trying to convince these guys otherwise.

For the record, Miami never formally saw him on the practice field. He was gone before that could happen.

Goes to ECU, doesn’t look as explosive as they thought he was, and passed the second time around.

Same thing for Little.

Why is that hard for people to understand?
This CIS, people have there opinion and that’s their gospel

Advertisement
He literally said they're continuing to pursue other QBs. Multiple. There is zero intention for this to be the only QB transfer they get. Until they get one, feel free to keep the trolls rolling. If they don't get one, I'll join you. But I've got a shiny silver nickel that says Emory, Jacurri, Judd, and Rosinbagger are NOT the only QBs on the roster come fall camp. We'll see.
Here is a fact the coaching staff would never say publicly but is true anyway: not only do we not have a reliable starting QB on the roster, we don't even have a reliable *back up QB* on the roster. if any of Jacurri, Emory, Judd have to play multiple games next year in a back up role the season will be screwed. for various different reasons you'd have to be crazy to feel confident in any of those guys as your back up QB. in particular w/ Jacurri, we've seen each of the last two seasons that this team has to run an entirely different offense with him and making that shift on his behalf is not viable, at least not for this coaching staff which isn't exactly filled with offensive whiz kids.

all of which is to say, if part of this take is the acknowledgement that it gives the team legitimate depth in a spot where it currently has none than I think it makes a lot of sense. having a high floor back up QB around to make sure that next season isn't derailed by one injury would actually be prudent.

Advertisement
press your luck no GIF

Good luck trying to convince these guys otherwise.

For the record, Miami never formally saw him on the practice field. He was gone before that could happen.

Goes to ECU, doesn’t look as explosive as they thought he was, and passed the second time around.

Same thing for Little.

Why is that hard for people to understand?
Because certain people want to have something to complain about. The same people knocking the staff for not taking this kid would be the first ones to attack the staff for "poor evaluation" if they took the kid and he didnt pan out.

Advertisement
My wife LOL'd when i said we landed a D2 QB named Poffenbarger. O how far we have fallen. That said, hope this kid balls the F out and proves all of us (including myself) wrong.

Also reading between the lines, sounds like we whiffed on Ward, saved $2M (some may go to Baby Tua) and now have money to throw at other portal kids?..

Advertisement
I know, just clarifying since this all gets jumbled together.

D$, u’re pretty straight. Do u sprinkle in some suga every now & then? Sure, but I’m pretty certain that

1. U don’t provide narratives, and what I mean by that is when u provide info, it’s not matter of fact, & when things change u r quick to give updates

2. Even when if u feel strongly on something, u’ll come back & own it.

I'm curious how many people complaining about this evaluation are also people who were screaming for years that we need to hire Alonzo Highsmith because his GM level evaluations will provide this program with something that has been missing. are we off that now? I'm trying to get a temperature check

Advertisement
Back