The Bank (1/8)

View as article
Always thought Year 6/7 but I can see this going south after this year. I bet year 4 at this point.
I think he’s gonna tread water long enough to get to year five. He’s brought in enough talent to get to 8 wins the next two seasons imo.

Unfortunately he’s won 5&7 games with just about everything that could’ve gone wrong, going wrong. Not making excuses for him, because most of the issues have been self inflicted.

Advertisement
Two names I can share at WR are Liberty WR CJ Daniels and Wake Forest WR Jahmal Banks. I expect Miami to pursue both even if they commit elsewhere.
We can’t get them without a qb is coach going to let coach Dawson cook fr man I’m tired of bad football

Advertisement
Mario will never be fired here
If he hasn’t reached 9 wins after 5 years at Miami and all the resources he’s been given he should be.

If the powers that be are unwilling to do so then maybe we don’t deserve to come back to prominence.

Nah I'm done man this is embarrassing.....I remember people saying if Mario cant get it done nobody can..idk if we will give another coach the budget...this **** might actually be dead
I refuse to believe Mario is trying to sabotage Miami. I knew the Lions winning would come at a price but this too steep.

Would we really go into next season with 5 QBs on the roster?
Think there’s a path where Jacurri still leaves in spring if Ward or Tualia want/can get in.

He’s coming back now in the hopes that Miami whiffs on Ward(again) & Tualia doesn’t get cleared. IF one of those happen & Reese beats him out in spring for backup job. He could be looking for new home.

I think he’s gonna tread water long enough to get to year five. He’s brought in enough talent to get to 8 wins the next two seasons imo.

Unfortunately he’s won 5&7 games with just about everything that could’ve gone wrong, going wrong. Not making excuses for him, because most of the issues have been self inflicted.
Those talent is going to fly away like a flock of swallows if we win 7/8 next year.

Advertisement
If he hasn’t reached 9 wins after 5 years at Miami and all the resources he’s been given he should be.

If the powers that be are unwilling to do so then maybe we don’t deserve to come back to prominence.
5 years..... if he can't win 9 games this year we need somebody to plant cocaine at the Hecht.

Welcome to the U and appreciate the info @DMoney.

So the program who’s had 4 QB draft picks in the last 30 years (Kaaya, Dorsey, Covington & Toretta), of which none had any markable success in the league, is being run into the ground because we are taking a flier on the best QB in FCS?

My concern with this take is he’s been sacked 71 times in 2 seasons including
35 times on a team which won 11 games.

Not sure if he will turn out to be a Mayfield, Stetson Bennett, Drew Brees, or the opposite end of the spectrum in Kirby Freeman or Kyle Wright.

Either way, good fortune to him and by extension the program. Say what you want about projections. Ultimately it’s nice to have multiple QB’s in the room who seem to be obsessively committed to making themselves and the team better. Been a while.

Advertisement
@DMoney do we plan on adding a CB in the portal? I ask because you only mentioned QB (dire need IMO), Safety (dire need IMO) and WR.

I think we could really use another CB. It does not need to be a penciled in starter, though that would be nice. It could be someone with upside and multiple years of eligibility. I think people are a bit irked by the Jackson and Little situations because they see a need at CB, though I understand the staff just did not value them as much as the board (and that is fine).

We have Porter, Brown, Richard, Stafford and Freeney right now. That room needs work IMO.

Always thought Year 6/7 but I can see this going south after this year. I bet year 4 at this point.

Nope, after Harbaugh wins a Ring tonight, Cristobal will tell the UM brass, "See I told you that tuff n fisical wins championships, so give me more time." And they will.

And to be honest, I'm fine with giving Cristobal an extra 5 years and turning a 10 yr deal into a 15 year deal at his current salary. I mean that. UM football has essentially been dead for 20 years. Another 10 years isn't going to be more painful than the last 20. Unless Urban Meyer says he's interested, there is no one else who would do better at Miami. Not even Kiffin, that ship sailed.

If UM replaces Cristobal in year 5, then the next coach will probably get 3-4 years and fail, then we keep doing that again and again, constantly firing coaches after 4-5 years and never having any stability. Cristobal is who you all wanted, despite being warned by a handful of people who knew we'd be where we are today because of how he coached at FIU and Oregon. No mulligans. Cristobal should be given as much time as he wants to build the program.

Advertisement
Good luck trying to convince these guys otherwise.

For the record, Miami never formally saw him on the practice field. He was gone before that could happen.

Goes to ECU, doesn’t look as explosive as they thought he was, and passed the second time around.

Same thing for Little.

Why is that hard for people to understand?

Because that would imply the staffs knows what they’re doing…

Ay imma keep it a buck, staff was talking that cash **** heading into final week before ESD & portal opening. If Miami doesn’t sign another QB then imma need at least 3 All-Conference can’t miss starters transferring here before spring, Judkins being the first. Rules are rules.

6F4E7EAC-975F-4B98-81E8-2C628A867169.jpeg

What would our reaction be if…say UF or FSU landed this kid?
If FSU landed him I would think Norvell found a gem.

If Napier landed him I would think Napier's bringing in a backup insurance policy in case Lagway takes some time to develop.

My reaction to our Holy Father patron Saint landing him is, it's the best we can do right now & it's better than nothing.

I'll go a little more in depth later.

Advertisement
Back