The aReal Recap

Lashlee will be exposed once King leaves.... I am not sure he is very good with a pocket passer like Van Dyke

Advertisement
We lost 2 of our better recapers so far so I'm gonna slide in here. I know the apologists will point to the talent differential as an excuse but that was only a fraction of what went wrong. Every week we see teams that have less talent at least compete with top tier teams. This weekend was no different.

The Good.
-We don't play Bama again this year.

- Saban took his foot off the gas 2nd half. He obviously told his guys at half to rest up for next week we never put up a fight.

- Special Teams executed well no complaints from any of the units.

- Kichens and James Williams made some big plays tonight look like keepers.

-Stevenson did not shy away from contact in Run support.

-Carter did not get ejected for targeting and was in position to makes some plays albeit 15-20 yards down field.

-Zion looked as advertised in Pass blocking.

-Pope and Wiggins weren't out there dropping passes.

The Ugly.
-Coming in to this game Alabama was expected to dominate both lines of scrimmage. Alabama DOMINATED both lines of scrimmage.

-Lashlee play-calling has been bust in every big game we have played. He is not the smartest man in the room and is not the guy.

-Everyone we expected to be a Jag was a Jag. Harris still thinks he is shifty and but1 is actually stiff and spends more time running side to side then forward. Jennings and Steed are not Miami caliber Linebackers they get washed over and over again and don't make plays. Scaife is a turnstile and penalty machine. Hall is the worst safety we've had last 15 years hands down, couldn't even pick up a fumble. McCloud didn't generate any pass rush and often took himself out of the play. Ivey is not a cornerback he is stiff and slow its hard to watch.

-Keontra Smith was very physical in the run game but like everyone else on defense we allowed Bama to fall forward more often than not.
Tackling did not receive enough emphasis in game prep.

-Offensive line was offensive 80% of game. Donaldson is slow at the point of attack. Gaynor is not physical at all. Rivers is young and wet behind the ears.

-King did not look 100% healthy. Im not optimistic he finishes the season..

-Pass coverage looked very 2019-2020 ish guys were running open from the opening snap.. Could have and should have been much worse.

-The moment is to big for Manny. We weren't prepared to face a top tier team. We looked sluggish from the start as has been the case in every other big game under Manny.

We do not face another team this year with more talent than us. Problem is that doesn't matter. We do not have leaders on this team still and guys like Frierson and Silvera are here for a good time not a long time. We don't have the look of a team that wants to compete at the highest level. 10-2 is where we should be. 8-4 is realistic for where we will be. 6-6 is my expectation with Lashlee and Manny leading the charge. I see the same team we fielded last year yes the opponent was Bama but the deficiencies we had last year are the same this year.
IMO, if Miami doesn't win the ACC coastal this year, Diaz should be gone. Anything less than 10-2 is unacceptable.

Give me the guys with grit that compete ayvtra
We have a lot of jags on this team, who have have been jags for years what did we think was going to happen. Also what happened to the so called Miami speed our players look slow as **** compared to Alabama.

We don't recruit the real miami kids we let them go to Louisville West Virginia and Marshall 🙄🙄🙄

Advertisement
When is the spotlight gonna be on Justice? This is the most experienced O line in history and they didn’t look any better. And don’t forget we don’t have anybody committed that’s gonna make the line any better. It’s time to ask wtf is he being paid for.
“Experienced” in sucking. This does not apply to only the Oline. The 19/22 returning starters point is all BS. If you have multiple years of doing nothing and expecting this year to be a resurgence for guys, I got news.

I didn't expect to win, but is it too much to expect fundamental tackling, less timely penalties, and a team that can be competitive, like within 14 points? Tulsa lost to # 2 OU by 5.
But people will tell you Alabama signs #1 recruiting class every year like that is the reason we were embarrassed.

“Experienced” in sucking. This does not apply to only the Oline. The 19/22 returning starters point is all BS. If you have multiple years of doing nothing and expecting this year to be a resurgence for guys, I got news.
But Manny said Gaynor was the most important lineman on the team. Just bc he sucks doesn’t matter.

Advertisement
We lost 2 of our better recapers so far so I'm gonna slide in here. I know the apologists will point to the talent differential as an excuse but that was only a fraction of what went wrong. Every week we see teams that have less talent at least compete with top tier teams. This weekend was no different.

The Good.
-We don't play Bama again this year.

- Saban took his foot off the gas 2nd half. He obviously told his guys at half to rest up for next week we never put up a fight.

- Special Teams executed well no complaints from any of the units.

- Kichens and James Williams made some big plays tonight look like keepers.

-Stevenson did not shy away from contact in Run support.

-Carter did not get ejected for targeting and was in position to makes some plays albeit 15-20 yards down field.

-Zion looked as advertised in Pass blocking.

-Pope and Wiggins weren't out there dropping passes.

The Ugly.
-Coming in to this game Alabama was expected to dominate both lines of scrimmage. Alabama DOMINATED both lines of scrimmage.

-Lashlee play-calling has been bust in every big game we have played. He is not the smartest man in the room and is not the guy.

-Everyone we expected to be a Jag was a Jag. Harris still thinks he is shifty and but1 is actually stiff and spends more time running side to side then forward. Jennings and Steed are not Miami caliber Linebackers they get washed over and over again and don't make plays. Scaife is a turnstile and penalty machine. Hall is the worst safety we've had last 15 years hands down, couldn't even pick up a fumble. McCloud didn't generate any pass rush and often took himself out of the play. Ivey is not a cornerback he is stiff and slow its hard to watch.

-Keontra Smith was very physical in the run game but like everyone else on defense we allowed Bama to fall forward more often than not.
Tackling did not receive enough emphasis in game prep.

-Offensive line was offensive 80% of game. Donaldson is slow at the point of attack. Gaynor is not physical at all. Rivers is young and wet behind the ears.

-King did not look 100% healthy. Im not optimistic he finishes the season..

-Pass coverage looked very 2019-2020 ish guys were running open from the opening snap.. Could have and should have been much worse.

-The moment is to big for Manny. We weren't prepared to face a top tier team. We looked sluggish from the start as has been the case in every other big game under Manny.

We do not face another team this year with more talent than us. Problem is that doesn't matter. We do not have leaders on this team still and guys like Frierson and Silvera are here for a good time not a long time. We don't have the look of a team that wants to compete at the highest level. 10-2 is where we should be. 8-4 is realistic for where we will be. 6-6 is my expectation with Lashlee and Manny leading the charge. I see the same team we fielded last year yes the opponent was Bama but the deficiencies we had last year are the same this year.
CE3D4598-4313-4AC9-8323-9E00CD03E267.gif

I think you can be disappointed in the game plan, but Alabumma is on another level than Miami. Better players, better S&C, better coaching. That's a well oiled machine that reloads every year. There's a reason they've averaged one loss a year for 10 years. I figured we would lose by double digits, not by 31 but, 14 to 17 points.

These next few games will tell where Miami is headed this year. This game looked a lot like the same team we've had for what seems like endless years now. Is that because Alabumma is the gold standard or is it truly the same **** things that's plagued Miami for years?

But Manny said Gaynor was the most important lineman on the team. Just bc he sucks doesn’t matter.
I read that Gaynor was doing other people’s job on the line last year but it’s different now since we have bigger and better guards now. Donaldson is in the best shape of his life and looks to make a case for the league!!!

But people will tell you Alabama signs #1 recruiting class every year like that is the reason we were embarrassed.
Miami gets enough talent to be competitive and within 14 pts of Bama. If Tulsa can stay within 5 of #2 OU, then, we certainly have enough talent to stay competitive of Bama. I am not expecting Miami to win against Alabama, but God Almighty, can we please stop making the same timely penalties, miss tackles, poor clock mgmt like end of 1st half, over and over again? Diaz never improves with any of that in now year 3.

Advertisement
I think you can be disappointed in the game plan, but Alabumma is on another level than Miami. Better players, better S&C, better coaching. That's a well oiled machine that reloads every year. There's a reason they've averaged one loss a year for 10 years. I figured we would lose by double digits, not by 31 but, 14 to 17 points.

These next few games will tell where Miami is headed this year. This game looked a lot like the same team we've had for what seems like endless years now. Is that because Alabumma is the gold standard or is it truly the same **** things that's plagued Miami for years?
I'll take option B Bumma is Bumma but we aren't world beaters in the coastal.

I read that Gaynor was doing other people’s job on the line last year but it’s different now since we have bigger and better guards now. Donaldson is in the best shape of his life and looks to make a case for the league!!!
Well i heard Ivey was the best corner on the team now. His entire career has been a misconception. This is his year. Future first rounder.

Advertisement
Miami has 2 five stars and 43 Four stars.
Alabama has 14 Five stars and 61 Four stars.

Miami has 2 ALL ACC players
Alabama has 12 ALL SEC players

Alabama spends a ton more on their program than Miami because their administration cares more. Better coaches, More Money, Better players.

Alabama will Have about 7 players drafted in first 2 rounds this draft Miami may have 1, and that’s not including Alabama’s best player Will Anderson who isn’t draft eligible.

If Miami had a better HC sure they could’ve played better, but you can’t overcome that sorta gap with just a Hc.

Miami best signing class in the past 10 years would be the worst class in the past 10 years for Alabama.

I think it Miami doesn’t let this loss define them they can have a Good year.
If they not they can go 8-4.
completely agree with this post you broke it down very well. people are acting like we were on par with bama or something. the stats don’t lie sorry to say we haven’t won **** since 01 and we don’t recruit anywhere near them. We are a poverty program to them in the last 10 years that’s not me being salty that’s the truth someone prove me wrong. truth is we should be a very good team vs our acc opponents. Don’t lose hope because we lost to bama the rest of our schedule is dog **** l. i’ll join the miami sucks bandwagon when we drop more then 1 acc game.

completely agree with this post you broke it down very well. people are acting like we were on par with bama or something. the stats don’t lie sorry to say we haven’t won **** since 01 and we don’t recruit anywhere near them. We are a poverty program to them in the last 10 years that’s not me being salty that’s the truth someone prove me wrong. truth is we should be a very good team vs our acc opponents. Don’t lose hope because we lost to bama the rest of our schedule is dog **** l. i’ll join the miami sucks bandwagon when we drop more then 1 acc game.
lol

Advertisement
Back