The ACC was 6 and 4 vs the SEC

@TheOriginalCane addressed this element of the criteria in another thread (which I wish were all combined since there are too many threads on this topic) and I agree with him on comparable teams...

If I was voting:
- Washington, Michigan, FSU undefeated: IN
- Liberty: Not a comparable power 5: OUT
- Texas > Bama > Georgia based on Texas beating Bama in Tuscaloosa: IN

But the Playoff Committee was NOT leaving the SEC out, and they went to work on how to get them in there...using the criteria..

Three of the four playoff teams also had top 10 strength of schedules. Michigan is at 51 but they are also full strength and undefeated. FSU had the worst strength of schedule and no quarterback. Truly baffling how everyone is sympathizing so much with FSU and this decision. They fail at two of the selection criteria.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not only did the ACC beat the SEC on the field this year. The team that was left out had 2 wins against them.

I predicted this outcome because the committee would use the Travis injury as their reasoning to justify Bama getting in.

The reason they got it wrong this year is because the SEC was not a dominant conference this year. Their top dogs lost their out of conference games on big stages. We knocked of A&M by 15 when they were healthy and hyped, fsu beat LSU worse than Bama did. Bama also struggled with South Florida. And NOBODY in the media wants to talk about their miracle win against Auburn.

In past seasons, the SEC earned their spot because they proved it during the regular season. This year they didn't. Utah cruises over uf with 10 starters out. Cal and New Mexico St out gained Auburn by a total of 500 yards. Texas completely out played Bama at night in Tuscaloosa. The list goes on.

This was the year the committee had a chance to bring up all of these points, but they were afraid to stand up to the SEC brass. College football is the best because of how important the regular season is and this year that took a huge hit.

Boo ******* hoo. Remember this?

The 2001 Orange Bowl, designated as the BCS National Championship Game, was a college football bowl game played to determine a national champion in the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) for the 2000 season. It was played at Pro Player Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida, on January 3, 2001, with kickoff at 8:00 p.m. EST and television coverage by ABC. The 67th playing of the Orange Bowl, it was the culminating game of the 2000–01 bowl season.

The championship featured the top-ranked Oklahoma Sooners from the Big 12 Conference defeating the second-ranked and defending national champion Florida State Seminoles from the Atlantic Coast Conference in a defensive battle, 13–2. This was the first of only two times where a team failed to score a touchdown in the BCS National Championship, with the other being in 2012. The win gave Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops his first and only national championship, in just his second season as the coach of the Sooners.

Found this on facebook. Miami in the same boat. With all the changes next year, every team in the top 13 CFP ranking was SEC or Big10 except FSU.

1701708993662.png

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane addressed this element of the criteria in another thread (which I wish were all combined since there are too many threads on this topic) and I agree with him on comparable teams...

If I was voting:
- Washington, Michigan, FSU undefeated: IN
- Liberty: Not a comparable power 5: OUT
- Texas > Bama > Georgia based on Texas beating Bama in Tuscaloosa: IN

But the Playoff Committee was NOT leaving the SEC out, and they went to work on how to get them in there...using the criteria..
Exactly how I felt

Advertisement
Back