The ACC must go nuclear

Advertisement
The point is that the committee tossed everything they’ve based their decisions on since 2014 out the window today to make sure they could shoehorn Alabama into the playoff.
And...ensure a SEC team was in...UGA losing screwed it....and the "injured qb" things is an easy excuse to lean on.

So what if it was an injured wr..or cb...would it have mattered?. What about star safety?. The crazy part is...had bama lost to auburn and then beat uGA....they STILL would put them in...because they have the baked in bias that the sec is the superior conference and the majority of u folks actually believe it to and all the money they (disney/espn) pump into fellating the sec would of been for not int his szn.

I already seen folks prop up MIZZOU lol. Alabama was pushed to the brink of a hail mary against a bum *** Auburn team that got rail roaded by a team that likely doesnt have alternate jerseys or a meal plan for their players.

Once again UGA still wins and there is the answer. They are stacked and FSU isn't which is exactly why they were left out. There won't be much if any of a dropoff with UGA running their 2s and 3s

F$U was ranked ahead of UGa. So your entire premise is bull****.

Far from a FSU fam. I despise them. I’m reading this news hella late.

My issue is if Miami were undefeated we’d be assed out too? Fucc this conference.
Possibly not.

ESPN loves ratings and we bring em so the folks paying for sh*t wouldve slotted us at 4.

FSU isnt a NATIONAL brand. So they told em go f*ck their self..

I'm old enough to remember when everyone was sure Nebraska was the greatest team in college football history with All Americans all over the field and upstart Miami was just a speed bump on their way to the National Championship. I'm also old enough to remember Miami being the a clearly better team than Penn State. The season is when you earn the chance to compete for the championship ... who wins can only be determined on the field.

Miami was ranked #5 going into that game.

In today's system, we never even get a chance to play Nebraska.

Advertisement
Is this a Canes site or a semenholes? A lot of porsts needing to state I hate fsu before sticking up for them, anger even. I couldn’t care less, fcvk fspoo and the acc.
But but but the integrity of the sport…

That **** died years ago. College football is now a ruthless, cash cow of a sport. Committee made the right decision, lot of whining in here for so-called Canes fans

It’s been listed by multiple posters in this thread. One part of the criteria is to weigh injured players and how they can effect games. If your starting quarterback misses a game and your team doesn’t play well, they weigh that. If your team loses it’s starting quarterback and is significantly worse because of it, they weigh that.

There is no rule stating P5 champions get automatic bids.

I’ve already explained it multiple times but people are still mad that it doesn’t work they way they think it does.

If you think FSU without Jordan Travis is one of the four best teams in the nation, that’s on you. They’re not. Nobody outside of Tallahassee thinks so. The committee doesn’t.

Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

"Injured players" can be used to differentiate between "otherwise comparable teams". Meaning, it's like a tiebreaker, NOT THE PRIMARY CRITERION.

There were three undefeated Power 5 conference champions.

NOW apply your "criteria" to determining who among Texas, Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio Taint gets the 4th spot.

Statutory construction. Reading comprehension. Don't come back at me trying to substitute WHAT YOU WANT to have happen for the construction of the language that was present in the guidelines.

AND WHAT THE COMMITTEE DID. Except they put "Texas" into the "otherwise comparable" Top 3 instead of F$U. Which is wrong. You don't get to the "differentiating" criteria until you determine the tiers of comparable teams. And Texas did not belong in the same tier with Michigan and Washington.

No **** Sherlock but it makes the SOS for teams in that conference specifically the West more credible when comparing to other conferences. **** I don't understand why this **** is hard to figure out

No. Wrong. More bull**** from you.

SOS is an annual calculation, not a 15-year rolling average.

**** off with that nonsense.

Advertisement
I just find it funny that nobody Is bringing up the fact that it was ACC who joined the big 10 to form "the alliance " that voted to slow down the timeline for the playoff.

I just find it funny that nobody Is bringing up the fact that it was ACC who joined the big 10 to form "the alliance " that voted to slow down the timeline for the playoff.

The alliance showed another example of how ACC was a joke, they make a handshake deal with B1G commish Warren and he raids his partners conference and destroys pac 12 by stealing their top draws and then signed crazy tv deal based on that while ACC sat around and Pac imploded.. Straight snaked em..

You can't leave the SEC out unless everyone has two losses. It would delegitimize the playoffs all together. UGA is going to beat the breaks off of FSU and this conversation will be over.

Advertisement
SmartSelect_20231203_233548_Video Player.gif

I ******* hate FSU. I want every one of their sports teams, including their women's badminton team (if they had one) to lose every single game. The warchant makes my full body cringe and makes me want to punch a baby. But.... I'm honestly disgusted by this ****. **** FSU, but guess what, they didn't lose every game (despite my wishes), and went 13-0 with a conference championship win. They deserve to be in the playoff, full stop, whatever the criteria says. They were ranked #4 without a quarterback last week, and then won a conference championship without him, what honestly changed in the past week? CFB sucks *** now if winning no longer matters to this extent. I miss the old college football. I think a lot of my anger is stemming from imagining this being Miami. We would go January 6th on this committee. We need to get the **** out of this conference. And also **** FSU, couldn't have happened to a better program.

That was pretty disgusting!

**** the metrics! FSU did enough to get in.

The NCAA owes the state of Florida for NIL becoming the law and stripping them of their sacred authority to punish teams over money. Rercruiting violations was the NCAA's favorite jam. I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA was thinking "***** Florida!". They won't be able to do it in any meaningful way after this. Playoffs expand next year.

But what a shot of disrespect to the conference.

They may try and make it up by putting 10 teams from the conference into the NCAA basketball tournament

Advertisement
It's not the first time the committee has picked potential over the actual result that occurred on the field.

However, I'm having a hard time disagreeing with the decision. I can see why and where it comes from.

My Top 4 was Michigan, Washington, FSU and then Bama. I didn't expect them to drop FSU, I expected Bama to be more of a toss-up.

FSU is gonna get trounced by an angry Georgia team and we'll stop having this conversation.

My guy, its a 12 team playoff next year, EVERYONE will be in, this well never happen again.. CELEBRATE.. Either way you can be in the official "cane fan" who roots for fsu thread..
I think everyone’s underestimating the anger of the #13 team. I’m not even kidding, there will be a bunch of arguing about who got the last spot next year.

It's not the first time the committee has picked potential over the actual result that occurred on the field.

However, I'm having a hard time disagreeing with the decision. I can see why and where it comes from.

My Top 4 was Michigan, Washington, FSU and then Bama. I didn't expect them to drop FSU, I expected Bama to be more of a toss-up.

FSU is gonna get trounced by an angry Georgia team and we'll stop having this conversation.
Glad you have a crystal ball.

Advertisement
Back