The ACC must go nuclear

Naw I think the committee felt bad but it was the right decision. Gave the the consolation prize . FSU will get their opportunity to show they deserved it or they got it right

Wrong.

Literally everything you say is either incorrect or impossible. "FSU will get their opportunity"? HOW?

This is pure fiction.

Advertisement
So no criteria then?
It’s been listed by multiple posters in this thread. One part of the criteria is to weigh injured players and how they can effect games. If your starting quarterback misses a game and your team doesn’t play well, they weigh that. If your team loses it’s starting quarterback and is significantly worse because of it, they weigh that.

There is no rule stating P5 champions get automatic bids.

I’ve already explained it multiple times but people are still mad that it doesn’t work they way they think it does.

If you think FSU without Jordan Travis is one of the four best teams in the nation, that’s on you. They’re not. Nobody outside of Tallahassee thinks so. The committee doesn’t.

You still haven’t answered my question:
Which P5 conference did Liberty win this year?
Ironically, Liberty was giving the G5 spot in the major bowl games because they were undefeated. SMU passes the eye test, so speak. Yes, they lost two games, but both were to P5 teams. Liberty did not play a P5 team.

Being undefeated mattered in this case, but did not matter for the final four.

How funny is that?

I don’t disagree that they should be in the playoffs. I think they earned it. I think the CFP needed an excuse to put Bama in and Travis’ injury gave them a convenient one.

👆👆👆

1701653394238.gif

Advertisement
You still haven’t answered my question:
Which P5 conference did Liberty win this year?
So only P5 can participate in playoff? Why are you punishing Liberty for the conference they play in?

What YOUR criteria for FSU getting in?

I am agreeing with you, put FSU in, but Liberty gets the 4th spot. Other Champs have a lost.

So only P5 can participate in playoff? Why are you punishing Liberty for the conference they play in?

What YOUR criteria for FSU getting in?

I am agreeing with you, put FSU in, but Liberty gets the 4th spot. Other Champs have a lost.
I’ll repeat it again.

No undefeated POWER 5 conference winner has ever been left out of the playoff before today.

Is Liberty Power 5? If not, then Liberty is not relevant to the discussion.

Advertisement
Never said it was new. BCS could at least blame its nonsense on “computers” and hide behind that. That’s not the case now.

The only “new” component is a P5 undefeated conference winner getting left out so Saban’s team can get in.

Simple question: If FSU spank everyone by 30 this year, would there be any doubt of them being in the playoffs?

Style points and margin of victory? A win isn’t a win? Awesome.
I remember lots of people saying TCU deserved to get in, I absolutely believe Ohio State crushing Wisconsin 59-0 with a backup made an impression on the committee that they belonged, I don't believe fsu is in the same league as that team. That's all I'm saying

I remember lots of people saying TCU deserved to get in, I absolutely believe Ohio State crushing Wisconsin 59-0 with a backup made an impression on the committee that they belonged, I don't believe fsu is in the same league as that team. That's all I'm saying
You don’t have to believe FSU is in the same league as that team to understand that the whole thing is a joke.

It’s been listed by multiple posters in this thread. One part of the criteria is to weigh injured players and how they can effect games. If your starting quarterback misses a game and your team doesn’t play well, they weigh that. If your team loses it’s starting quarterback and is significantly worse because of it, they weigh that.

There is no rule stating P5 champions get automatic bids.

I’ve already explained it multiple times but people are still mad that it doesn’t work they way they think it does.

If you think FSU without Jordan Travis is one of the four best teams in the nation, that’s on you. They’re not. Nobody outside of Tallahassee thinks so. The committee doesn’t.
You can explain it a million times and it won't change the fact that the criteria is whatever the **** they want it to be. Georgia has been chosen immediately after losing their conference championship, so it doesn't have a thing to do with finishing strong. Ohio State got invited with their 3rd string QB, so it has nothing to do with QB health.

They invite whoever the **** they want and then decide how to explain away their obvious biases.

Advertisement
To me, it’s 100% the Travis injury. It’s got nothing to do with the ACC or their schedule or anything else.

Wrong. The SEC fix was in. "The Travis injury" is just the cover story.

If Travis never broke his leg, Finebum and Sankey and the Alabama AD would have been yapping about "Strength of Schedule".

Doesn't matter WHAT they cited, the SEC was still coming for F$U's spot, and was going to steal it with whatver story fit.

I’ll repeat it again.

No undefeated POWER 5 conference winner has ever been left out of the playoff before today.

Is Liberty Power 5? If not, the. Liberty is not relevant to the discussion.

OK. Nobody win a national championship with 2 losses until lsu did it. What's your point?

Advertisement
Are you serious? You think FSU would lose to auburn, arkansas, a&m or usf without Travis? Cause bama almost did, to all 4. Jesus they got a garbage td at the end against usf and still only won by 14.

They are not and have not been one of the best 4 teams all year.

Exactly.

I don't care if Alabama was one of the best 4 teams "this weekend". They were NOT one of the best 4 teams ALL SEASON LONG.

Has any team spanked everyone by 30 in the history of college football? Come on.
Yes. Two of them are are rivals. 2013 FSU and I think 2008 Gators.(loss to Ole miss)

****. That 2013 fsu team beat #3 clemson. Like 51 to 3.

Advertisement
Back