The ACC must go nuclear

Simple question: If FSU spank everyone by 30 this year, would there be any doubt of them being in the playoffs?
Simple question number two: Would FSU be in the playoffs if Travis had not gotten hurt earlier, FSU rolled over Florida and Louisville, and lost Travis in the fourth quarter of the ACC championship game?

Advertisement
Far from a FSU fam. I despise them. I’m reading this news hella late.

My issue is if Miami were undefeated we’d be assed out too? Fucc this conference.

The point is that the committee tossed everything they’ve based their decisions on since 2014 out the window today to make sure they could shoehorn Alabama into the playoff.
Agreed, Travis’ injury was a convenient excuse.

But when has this case occurred before? No, not Ohio State. They benefited from a conference bias.

Yes. Two of them are are rivals. 2013 FSU and I think 2008 Gators.(loss to Ole miss)
I guess losing to Ole Miss counts as part of spanking everybody by 30 points. lol.

🤷‍♂️

BTW, 2013 FSU didn’t spank everyone by 30 points, either.

Advertisement
Agreed, Travis’ injury was a convenient excuse.

But when has this case occurred before? No, not Ohio State. They benefited from a conference bias.
We were introduced to a new playoff committee narrative this weekend:

“Yeah, they’re an undefeated P5 champ…but they’re not the same team they were a few weeks ago.”

Very creative.

It is worth it to the ACC because if they don't they could lose FSU and if FSU leaves then so will Clemson and you will see the conference start to collapse. Next year the BIG and SEC will make up the entire top 10.
I understand your point but honestly FSU,Clemson and whoever could potentially bounce I don't think has any bearing on todays decision..... I mean that even if FSU got in I'm almost positive that they're still gonna try to find a way out of the ACC as well as anyone else.... That aspect goes way beyond the CFB playoffs... The ACC deal is a bad deal playoffs or no playoffs....

We were introduced to a new playoff committee narrative this weekend:

“Yeah, they’re an undefeated P5 champ…but they’re not the same team they were a few weeks ago.”

Very creative.
Someone posted a screenshot of selection criteria, the last one being the inclusion of injured player or players from one of the considered teams. At the bottom of the list. The usual criteria, like head to head competition, common opponents, strength of schedule, etc. listed above.

A weak excuse in my opinion, given FSU is undefeated. If the Seminoles were a one loss team, I would agree ranking them below Texas, Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State. Maybe even below a few two loss teams, since by that point, it’s meaningless whether you’re eighth or 12th.

Advertisement
Is the credit the SEC is getting been earned? Jfc people y'all acting like the **** came from nowhere peep this cfb stats last 15 yrs. I'm excited bc I see us headed in the direction of these 4 teams that ARE in . **** fsu

**** that bull****. You don't pick 2023 Final Four teams based on the past 15 years. Every conference has a down year of parity without a clearcut champion that towers over all others, and this was that year for the SEC.

**** the SEC.

Question,
If the bcs wanna be computer would an allowed is to play Oklahoma in 2000, does Butch have leverage for a contract and stay as our coach?

FSU never should’ve gone to that game.

My guy, its a 12 team playoff next year, EVERYONE will be in, this well never happen again.. CELEBRATE.. Either way you can be in the official "cane fan" who roots for fsu thread..

It will never end. One of the 9th and 10th at large teams that gets left out of the 12 team playoff will call for a class action law suit.

**** that bull****. You don't pick 2023 Final Four teams based on the past 15 years. Every conference has a down year of parity without a clearcut champion that towers over all others, and this was that year for the SEC.

**** the SEC.
No **** Sherlock but it makes the SOS for teams in that conference specifically the West more credible when comparing to other conferences. **** I don't understand why this **** is hard to figure out

Advertisement
Simple question number two: Would FSU be in the playoffs if Travis had not gotten hurt earlier, FSU rolled over Florida and Louisville, and lost Travis in the fourth quarter of the ACC championship game?
I thought they were barely in with trav. But I do think they squeak in. Reason being, we wouldn't have seen the two eyesore games of Florida and Louisville.

With your scenario, they had a better chance.

Advertisement
Why is it so hard for everyone to comprehend that FSU was not one of the 4 best teams once Jordan Travis went down? This whole discussion is ridiculous.

Here is what a lot of dopey "oh, but an injured QB should be the sole factor for knocking F$U out" don't comprehend. YOU IGNORE THE WORDS "OTHERWISE COMPARABLE".

Here's the thing. Liberty and F$U are not "otherwise comparable". F$U and Alabama are not "otherwise comparable".

If any of the nitwit brigade had listened to Boo carrying water for this outrageous decision, you would have heard that MICHIGAN, WASHINGTON, AND TEXAS were considered in a different group. Those were the teams that were "definitely in", and then the CFP Committee had to discuss "F$U vs. Alabama". And THAT is where the flaw is.

Because the "otherwise comparable" teams are undefeated conference champions, such as Michigan, Washington, and FSU.

Then AND ONLY THEN is it time to take the other criteria into account for determining who gets the fourth spot between Texas, Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio Taint.

CLEARLY, Texas and Alabama outrank Georgia and Ohio Taint BY WINNING THE CONFERENCE. OK, then the next logical differentiator between Texas and Alabama is head-to-head. Texas. End of discussion.

That's what the "Committee got it right" crowd is missing. That the "criteria" are not stated as absolutes. The "criteria" are supposed to be used to distinguish between "otherwise comparable" teams.

And there can be TIERS of "otherwise comparable" teams. There simply NOT SEVEN "otherwise comparable teams". There are THREE "otherwise comparable teams", and then there are FOUR "otherwise comparable teams".

And NONE of the "Committee got it right" morons can point out where it says "oh, but we should toss everything out if we THINK a team will lose by a wide margin". That is NOT for them to decide.

Here it is, deniers. "Otherwise comparable teams". THAT is when you start to use the distinguishing process. And we had TWO groups of teams, the undefeated Power 5 conference champions (three teams) and the one-loss teams. It's just that simple. AND it's what the policy says. And it's what the committee ACTUALLY DID, by determining "three teams that were definitely in" and then having a differentiation process for the 4th slot. THAT IS WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Just...you know...with the wrong team in the Top 3.

1701658374264.png

Advertisement
Back