The ACC must go nuclear

Advertisement
I don't think FSU is a top 4 team but they were an undefeated conference championship. The ACC needs to show they are not just a Carolina conference or they risk the conference falling apart. The ACC must go full nuclear and in the public or else the ACC is done as a conference. This is going to be fun to watch.
I blame this on Jim Phillips (ACC conf commish) What a travesty to shove FSU out and once again anoint Saban (Sankey/SEC) to get in the big dance. Shame on Phillips and the Playoff Committee for picking Alabama. JOKE....Who’s being paid off?

You're not wrong. My point is right now in 2023 despite the ACC's demonstrable on field success in the last decade, the CFB world views it as no better than a G5 conference. We're fast approaching a world where it's SEC/B10 or stay home IMO. The ACC is a currently a sinking ship and we need to get off.
That's not the committee problem. ACC needs to get good, and get good fast. Miami, Clemson, and to some degree Louiville better get their **** together fast. If FSU had beat a ranked 10-2 Miami, ranked 10-2 Clemson this year, or spank every team by 30. FSU is in.

Think about this, every other P5 had at least 2 to 3 teams that could have made the playoffs.

SEC: Georgia, Bama, Missouri
BIG10: OSU, Mich, Penn State
PAC: Wash. Oregon
BIG 12: Texas, Oklahoma
ACC: FSU

On neutral field, which one would FSU be favorite against?

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's not the committee problem. ACC needs to get good, and get good fast. Miami, Clemson, and to some degree Louiville better get their **** together fast. If FSU had beat a ranked 10-2 Miami, ranked 10-2 Clemson this year, or spank every team by 30. FSU is in.

Think about this, every other P5 had at least 2 to 3 teams that could have made the playoffs.

SEC: Georgia, Bama, Missouri
BIG10: OSU, Mich, Penn State
PAC: Wash. Oregon
BIG 12: Texas, Oklahoma
ACC: FSU

On neutral field, which one would FSU be favorite against?
I left off Ole Miss, who only lost to UGA and Bama. You could easily argue that Ole Miss is undefeated in any other conference in football. They would dominate the ACC.

What exactly would “go nuclear” entail? Not to mention, FSU spent a good part of the season threatening to leave the ACC. I doubt the conference is in any hurry to rush to their defense.

Because the ACC should fight for all their members and not just the ones in the Carolinas. Fighting shows you care and you intended to be a relevant conference going foward.
With what forces and resources is the ACC going to fight with?

I'm trying to take this porst seriously.

Seriously.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I left off Ole Miss, who only lost to UGA and Bama. You could easily argue that Ole Miss is undefeated in any other conference in football. They would dominate the ACC.
They would not as the sucking vortex that is the ACC would bring them down to the ACC's mean, not the SEC's mean.

Look, I'm not a FSU fan by anyway, but when you go undefeated and keep winning even with a third string QB, you deserved a National Title shot. If this was Miami, we all would be screaming at the top of lungs. I just put myself in their shoes.
By those standards. Liberty should be in the 4th spot of the playoffs.

Not if the ACC wants to remain a P5 conference.
Benny Hill What GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
UGA will answer that question
I don’t think we will find out to much unless Georgia plays their full squad. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the top players sit for the draft or just don’t give it their all due to the circumstances.

Look, I'm not a FSU fan by anyway, but when you go undefeated and keep winning even with a third string QB, you deserved a National Title shot. If this was Miami, we all would be screaming at the top of lungs. I just put myself in their shoes.
**** fsu and their dusty *** shoes

Advertisement
Back