The ACC must go nuclear

Advertisement
If Penix tore a knee ligament against Oregon, would Washington be in?
For argument sake, what if Florida State easily beats Florida and Louisville with Travis, but he was injured in the fourth quarter last night? Do you tell FSU “ Well, you looked great up until five minutes left last night. Sorry, but we’re going with Bama.” ?

Not reading all 14 pages of this and I’m sure something of this sentiment has been expressed. But as much as I hate fsu, and will absolutely never root for them to win a single game, this **** matters in recruiting. This is only going to further the “I see myself playing in the SEC” **** that is already prevalent with top tier recruits. If we’re stuck in this conference, this is 100% a negative in the big picture.

What can the ACC even do?

The ACC has to hope that FSU somehow beats UGA and then they’ll pull the UCF stunt but that ain’t happening
Probably not. But I’d expect Georgia several players to sit out as well.

Oregon has no downfield passing attack. The only way you beat Bama or Georgia is to make throws down the field to big time WRs. What Oregon does against equally talented teams is throw short passes and get their guys in space and run the ball. That aint gonna work. You play in a 10-15 yard box against Saban and he'll eat you alive. Specifically with CFP level time to prepare.
oregon is getting Liberty and QB Kaidon Salter

Advertisement
I'm happy FSU got hosed but this is not good for the ACC/ us. We'll see ACC schools get passed over again for the non-automatic bid once it expands next year. It sounds silly but they need to rebrand. Perception is reality and Alabama got in partly because of their name and success for the last decade. Looking at this year in a vacuum you can't tell me a shaky Bama team is head and shoulders above FSU.

Advertisement
For argument sake, what if Florida State easily beats Florida and Louisville with Travis, but he was injured in the fourth quarter last night? Do you tell FSU “ Well, you looked great up until five minutes left last night. Sorry, but we’re going with Bama.” ?
But that is very different than being able to watch two full games where the Noles offense looks like ***. If Travis goes out with 5 mins left in the ACC CG then they Noles would still make it in because they get the benefit of the doubt.

But that is very different than being able to watch two full games where the Noles offense looks like ***. If Travis goes out with 5 mins left in the ACC CG then they Noles would still make it in because they get the benefit of the doubt.
That offense didn’t look any worse than Michigan’s after they lost their most important offensive lineman. It’s nonsense. They ****ed the ACC because they could. It’s that simple. You can’t invest so much in the SEC and have a playoffs without an SEC team.

That offense didn’t look any worse than Michigan’s after they lost their most important offensive lineman. It’s nonsense. They ****ed the ACC because they could. It’s that simple. You can’t invest so much in the SEC and have a playoffs without an SEC team.
If anyone thinks it’s anything but this, bless their pointy little heads.

Advertisement
ACC commissioner was one of the commissioners that pushed against a 12 team playoff to happen a few years ago (that would be in place now)

It’s already being fixed and changed next year

Nothing additional needs to be done or can be done, was the worst year for FSU for this to happen (best year for cane fans perhaps because this was their one shot )

Advertisement
FSU is not one of the 4 best teams in college football. It's as simple as that. Records, SOS, and the eye test all factor in. It's an imperfect system which is why we are moving on from it. Leaving FSU out was the right call. ACC be damned

Not reading all 14 pages of this and I’m sure something of this sentiment has been expressed. But as much as I hate fsu, and will absolutely never root for them to win a single game, this **** matters in recruiting. This is only going to further the “I see myself playing in the SEC” **** that is already prevalent with top tier recruits. If we’re stuck in this conference, this is 100% a negative in the big picture.
If it hurts the ACC in recruiting, it's a good thing we have the best recruiter in the game to offset that

Br
I'm happy FSU got hosed but this is not good for the ACC/ us. We'll see ACC schools get passed over again for the non-automatic bid once it expands next year. It sounds silly but they need to rebrand. Perception is reality and Alabama got in partly because of their name and success for the last decade. Looking at this year in a vacuum you can't tell me a shaky Bama team is head and shoulders above FSU.
the Big ten and sec can fill the 12 every year without anyone from the acc oh and nd is probably gonna get a spot every year

Advertisement
Back