That Unnecessary Roughness on JW0

The defense… flew around last night.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Advertisement
Funny how that was called when the kid has just broken previous tackles and it was essentially almost the needed way to tackle the ball carrier there....but the refs swallowed their whistles on a few needless horsecollars committed against us.

It was almost like "We called two (beyond blatant) targeting calls in your favor so we're not giving you the horsecollars too AND we're gonna ding you on unnecessary roughness calls. You know. To even things out."

He needs to stop trying to tackle up high without wrapping up he doesn’t have the upper body strength for that

It’s like he tries to play bigger than he is but his body doesn’t hold up

You crazy af… James dogs out everybody he tackles when have you seen somebody drag him up the field for extra yards??

They’ve been calling that for the last few years. It sucks but these guys should know better.

I have never seen a flag thrown in that scenario before… BS CALL. That was a soft tackle he didn’t slam him on his neck like the guy did Mallory.

Advertisement
He knew he'd get flagged for that. Drew similar fouls last year that's just who he is.

Disagree that play was Williams being boneheaded. Acheang was still pumping his legs James picked him up to stop him from gaining more yards. Yes he fell backwards slamming him down, but not sure how else you stop Acheang from breaking free or just dragging you for more yards. I get thats a penalty by rule but James didnt slam him just to do it, it was the best way to stop him without additional yards being gained.

You crazy af… James dogs out everybody he tackles when have you seen somebody drag him up the field for extra yards??
I’ve seen him multiple times come in all shoulder without wrapping up trying to make a big hit and just bounce off

It’s easy to call somebody crazy when you put words in their mouth lol where did I say he got dragged up the field 🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
The targeting calls both came from the booth. The refs just did what they were told from upstairs. They didn’t call either of them on the field.
Yup. My point was just that it can kinda shape what they call (or don't call) after.

He needs to stop trying to tackle up high without wrapping up he doesn’t have the upper body strength for that

It’s like he tries to play bigger than he is but his body doesn’t hold up
…because he doesn’t build his body to play the position he should because he wants to be a safety (by some accounts)

And they tackled Mallory in his head with no penalty.
Haha. That one I actually don't think was a penalty either as Mallory essentially initiated that play as the aggressor BUT these refs also tend to throw flags on the result or how violent the play LOOKS or if the defender celebrates too much so who da fugg really knows?

Advertisement
Was there a whistle on the play and he tackled him after? I didn’t know there was a wrong way to get a ball carrier on the ground? Didn’t LT do something similar in either game 1 or 2?

Yeah he needs to get him to the ground but not with the lifting part. That’s where they call it. But man kam is a dam savage. The experts told us this when he was in high school

Advertisement
How was he supposed to tackle the player? Using harsh language?

Ridiculous
Yeah, that shocked me. The ball carrier is straining for more yards and he was trying to thwart that. It was a BS call.

Disagree that play was Williams being boneheaded. Acheang was still pumping his legs James picked him up to stop him from gaining more yards. Yes he fell backwards slamming him down, but not sure how else you stop Acheang from breaking free or just dragging you for more yards. I get thats a penalty by rule but James didnt slam him just to do it, it was the best way to stop him without additional yards being gained.
It’s tough cause with that guys ability and the help of his teammates if you don’t lift him he’s gonna pump those legs and get pushed for an extra 10 yards. Rock and hard place

Advertisement
Back