That offense

props to all involved...Jacurri wasn't ready, but everyone did their job and supported him and he ended up playing a really good game...against a coachless GaTech, but he played well.
Same coachless gt team that has beaten teams that killed us. we aren't very good, that's a great performance for that team

Advertisement
Gattis still sucks
Dumb And Dumber GIF

It's nice having a qb who must be accounted for by the defense as a runner, completely changes everything putting a defense in conflict. JB has passing limitations right now but we gotta live with that vs our alternatives right now. I'm sure Clemson will totally sell out to stop the run and play heavy press vs our wideouts ala our 2020 contest.

Advertisement
Put Brown in an uptempo spread that’s heavy on RPO and read-option and he can be a star.

Got to ditch Gattis to do that though.
Yup a Dan Mullen or Tom Herman offense and this kid is a star… I said it earlier more work on his passing game but it was definitely much more “presentable”

Advertisement
I don't know how Gattis stayed with the QB power on the 3rd and short in the 2nd half, when we went empty, and GT loaded the box smdh. The freaking quick screen was there, and we had numbers. His play calling early had a nice mix of counter and rpo. Why didn't he continue to exploit the edge with the rpo TE pop to the flats smdh. J Brown can be lethal with the right OC. MC should recognize this as this is the type of game he likes to coach. The off-season can't come quick enough.

We all know we're not that good hence 5-5 record... let's just hope we're now starting to play better, execute better and prepare better.
Oh did I forget to mention coach better:oops:

Wish w/ the defense so key on Brown running, a play where he fakes the run would be drawn up, w a TE slipping to that zone where the LB vacates to stop the run. Seem very feasible & logical.

Advertisement
Gattis sucks! That was all heart from that kid!!!
So was that play that Smith made on a 3rd and long on the upteenth bubble screen that was called, expected, and almost blown up by the defense if not for the little dude single handedly willing himself to that first down. That kept the drive alive and offense scored later.

That play was made in spite of the ****** play call by Gattis.

Advertisement
Wish w/ the defense so key on Brown running, a play where he fakes the run would be drawn up, w a TE slipping to that zone where the LB vacates to stop the run. Seem very feasible & logical.
I’m going to naively believe it’s a wrinkle for the Clemson game

I enjoyed watching a win. Jaccuri is showing some promise, but he has a long way to go. JB is improving, so as long as he keeps progressing, there is hope for the Canes. Offensive line played better, but it helps to have a mobile QB. Rooster has his best game in a long time, but he should be playing like this more consistently.

if the Canes can limit turnovers on offense and avoid penalties, they can beat average and below average ACC teams consistently

Advertisement
Back