That clock management

305_separatist

Threskiornithidae
Premium
Overall pleased with the win and team. TVD wasn’t it in the first half, but seems like that can be written off by the finger and some rust, nbd.

Wtf was up with that random TO and false start when they could have just let the quarter end lol. Clock management and game time decision making was atrocious last year by Mario, and it needs to make an improvement to make sure we stay in the big games like next week.

Advertisement
He also left with both of his timeouts before the half.

If he used one or both, Miami would had the opportunity to go for a TD instead of settling for FG at the end of the half.
JFC the holding penalty on a huge play changed the dynamics. Calling a timeout is just as much if not more on Dawson. I don't have a problem with it. We got three.

I was screaming as to why we didn’t burn a timeout the play before the Mauigoa hold….

Horrible mismanagement. Ended up working out with a Parrish big run, but Mario was content to run out the clock there. Did not like that one bit.

Nitpicking here but that could be the difference in a game next week. I don’t have too much of an issue with the timeout 1Q on 3rd down, but you CANNOT have a false start off the timeout. Inexcusable.

Advertisement
The 1m drill wasn't mismanaged. Whoever working the Damm clock should be fired. We had 2-3 back to back first downs and the clock should stop. It didn't.

One timeout would have been called on the throw to George but there was a penalty. Then the big run and they got out of bounds.

I will say last year he took a TO just to avoid a delay and then punted. He didn't do that tonight, so progress.

He needs an advisor in the booth, other coaches have it even in the nfl.

Its like his emotions are high and he needs a timeout himself to calm down, could have hurried and got a play off but he basically called a timeout for them to get set and then the quarter is over and then we could have used it before the half to get 7 lol just high school level **** man

Mario could have called a TO before the hold and maybe the DE doesn't get a jump on the snap count for Mauigoa to hold. It would have changed that series.

Advertisement
Mario seemed a bit to content with just letting the clock run out at the end of the first half. His overall lack of aggression on offense could come back to bite him and the team in a more meaningful game. If you've got one minute on the clock and two timeouts, you need to be a lot more aggressive. Maybe TVD's thumb had something to do with it? They weren't really trying to throw downfield much the entire game. I just groaned when they came out and ran the ball on first down.

I was screaming as to why we didn’t burn a timeout the play before the Mauigoa hold….

Horrible mismanagement. Ended up working out with a Parrish big run, but Mario was content to run out the clock there. Did not like that one bit.

Nitpicking here but that could be the difference in a game next week. I don’t have too much of an issue with the timeout 1Q on 3rd down, but you CANNOT have a false start off the timeout. Inexcusable.
The timeout false start thing didn’t bother me as much as others (I mean it sucked but I don’t pin it all on Mario) but I’m with you on what went on before the half. That I did not like at all.

That was probably the one moment of the game where I’m like this dude….I just don’t get it

The timeout false start thing didn’t bother me as much as others (I mean it sucked but I don’t pin it all on Mario) but I’m with you on what went on before the half. That I did not like at all.

That was probably the one moment of the game where I’m like this dude….I just don’t get it
I plan on rewatching the game this week but if memory serves me right it felt like we felt content going into the locker room with the lead at that point before Parrish blew up that long 30 yard run to get into scoring position.

Advertisement
Clock mgmt is going to be a big issue with a lot of teams this year with the change in clock rules.

That game was like 3 hours long! If teams aren’t careful, games could get away from them simply bc of the clock changes.
As @ristwasdown pointed out even the clock keepers were messing up badly. **** we didn’t get a play clock until the second half

Clock mgmt is going to be a big issue with a lot of teams this year with the change in clock rules.

That game was like 3 hours long! If teams aren’t careful, games could get away from them simply bc of the clock changes.
Walking out of stadium and seeing it was only 10:30 with a little postponed kickoff time.. :u5pyxda:

Allowed for great opportunity to postgame recover at tootsies, good showing from fellow cane fans also

I plan on rewatching the game this week but if memory serves me right it felt like we felt content going into the locker room with the lead at that point before Parrish blew up that long 30 yard run to get into scoring position.
Yep. With about a minute left and two timeouts with Ohio getting the ball, I would have liked to see us take a shot downfield and press the issue personally

Advertisement
Yep. With about a minute left and two timeouts with Ohio getting the ball, I would have liked to see us take a shot downfield and press the issue personally
I agree but it was obvious the game plan didn’t call for any throws over 15 yards so I think that was the biggest influence on the call…

Credit to the Oline and Parrish for stealing 3 at the end

I agree but it was obvious the game plan didn’t call for any throws over 15 yards so I think that was the biggest influence on the call…

Credit to the Oline and Parrish for stealing 3 at the end
It gave A&M vibes from last year

But same time I understand what you’re saying

We will see as the season rolls along I suppose

When saw the situation come up already knew what to expect but was hoping to be proven wrong.. we kinda already know the mindset, just for my mentals I will tell myself once he has more confidence in offense overall and identity things will change..

When saw the situation come up already knew what to expect but was hoping to be proven wrong.. we kinda already know the mindset, just for my mentals I will tell myself once he has more confidence in offense overall and identity things will change..
If I didn’t have PTSD from the scared coaching during the A&M game last year it might not be a big deal

Like I get it. Terrible weather. Defense dominating, running game dominating etc

But something about it just didn’t feel right

Advertisement
Back